Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of education do Kamejiro's children receive when they are young?
2. What happens to Elinor after she gets better acquainted with Kelly Kanakoa?
3. What happens when Shigeo Sakagawa runs for a senate seat?
4. What happens on December 7, 1941, the day after the committee visits Kamejiro's house?
5. When Kamejiro goes to work on one of Whip Hoxworth's plantations, what does he ask for permission to build?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why Reiko Sakagawa was not given the same opportunities as her four brothers to attend college, whether you believe that her father's choices and actions toward her were affected by her gender, and why you feel that those choices and actions were or were not fair.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Abner Hale and John Whipple begin as roommates at Yale, and both answer the call to do missionary work in Hawaii, but their paths soon diverge as their decisions bring them into greater and greater conflict with one another. Which of these men eventually feels more fulfilled by the life choices he has made, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Define a "theocracy," a "monarchy," and a "democracy." Discuss the strengths and shortcomings of each, and examine how each was depicted in the novel HAWAII.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)