Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of education do Kamejiro's children receive when they are young?
2. What happens to Elinor after she gets better acquainted with Kelly Kanakoa?
3. What happens when Shigeo Sakagawa runs for a senate seat?
4. What happens on December 7, 1941, the day after the committee visits Kamejiro's house?
5. When Kamejiro goes to work on one of Whip Hoxworth's plantations, what does he ask for permission to build?
Essay Topic 1
Cultures and ethnic groups that are thrown together geographically have two basic choices: they can clash or they can blend. Show examples of each from HAWAII.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Char Nyuk Tsin. What were her most admirable traits? What traits made her life more difficult? How does Michener use her as a lens through which to view the changes in Hawaii between the 1860's and the 1950's?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why Reiko Sakagawa was not given the same opportunities as her four brothers to attend college, whether you believe that her father's choices and actions toward her were affected by her gender, and why you feel that those choices and actions were or were not fair.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)