Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of education do Kamejiro's children receive when they are young?
2. What happens to Elinor after she gets better acquainted with Kelly Kanakoa?
3. What happens when Shigeo Sakagawa runs for a senate seat?
4. What happens on December 7, 1941, the day after the committee visits Kamejiro's house?
5. When Kamejiro goes to work on one of Whip Hoxworth's plantations, what does he ask for permission to build?
In his secret journal, missionary Immanuel Quigley wrote: "The Hawaiian is destined to diminish year by year, dispossessed, distraught and confused." In regard to that passage, his descendant Elinor Henderson states that Quigley "...said that we Christians had invaded the islands with the proper God but with an improper set of supporting values. It was his conviction that our God saved the islands, but our ideas killed them. Particularly the Hawaiians." Do you agree or disagree with this view? Explain why, and support your opinion with examples from the book.
Describe what happened politically in Hawaii between the ascension of Queen Liliuokalani to the throne in 1891 and Hawaii's annexation by the United States in 1898. What actions did Micah Hale and the white politicians take, and how do you feel about the fairness of those actions?
How do you think Kamejiro Sakagawa feels, on December 7, 1941, when the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor? Discuss the ways in which he has expressed his life-long allegiance to Japan, his feelings about Hawaii, and whether his children feel the same or differently about the day's event.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)