|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of education do Kamejiro's children receive when they are young?
2. What happens to Elinor after she gets better acquainted with Kelly Kanakoa?
3. What happens when Shigeo Sakagawa runs for a senate seat?
4. What happens on December 7, 1941, the day after the committee visits Kamejiro's house?
5. When Kamejiro goes to work on one of Whip Hoxworth's plantations, what does he ask for permission to build?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationship shared by each of the following couples:
(a) Abner Hale and his wife Jerusha;
(b) Mun Ki and his wife Nyuk Tsin; and
(c) Malama (the Alii Nui) and her husband Kelolo
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happened politically in Hawaii between the ascension of Queen Liliuokalani to the throne in 1891 and Hawaii's annexation by the United States in 1898. What actions did Micah Hale and the white politicians take, and how do you feel about the fairness of those actions?
Essay Topic 3
How did the geographic isolation of Hawaii affect its history, from the time of King Tamatoa's arrival in the 9th century through its annexation by the United States in 1898?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)