Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of education do Kamejiro's children receive when they are young?
(a) Japanese-speaking school only.
(b) Daily regular school followed by daily Japanese school.
(c) Regular English-speaking school only.
(d) None of the given answers.
2. What happens to Elinor after she gets better acquainted with Kelly Kanakoa?
(a) She dies in a tsunami.
(b) She writes a best-selling book.
(c) She opens a popular restaurant in Honolulu.
(d) She marries Kelly Kanakoa.
3. What happens when Shigeo Sakagawa runs for a senate seat?
(a) He loses the election.
(b) He is assassinated before the vote count is complete.
(c) The vote ends in a tie.
(d) He wins the election.
4. What happens on December 7, 1941, the day after the committee visits Kamejiro's house?
(a) Japanese bombers attack Pearl Harbor.
(b) United States bombers attack Japan.
(c) The U.S. and Japan become allies.
(d) Kamejiro's house is burned down.
5. When Kamejiro goes to work on one of Whip Hoxworth's plantations, what does he ask for permission to build?
(a) A heated bath.
(b) A bigger dining hall.
(c) Both given answers.
(d) Neither given answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 9th-century China, when Char Ti Chong and the villagers flee from the Tartar invasion, where do they plan to go?
2. A committee urges Japanese families in Hawaii to have their children's names removed from the registers in their Japanese villages, thereby canceling their Japanese citizenship. What is Kamejiro's response?
3. What does Whip Hoxworth believe is the future of Hawaii?
4. How long does the journey of Char Ti Chong and his people take?
5. Char Nyuk Tsin (also known as Wu Chow's Auntie) is 61 years old in 1912. How many descendants does she have in her extended family, the Kees?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)