|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. 20-year-old Sakagawa Kamejiro courts Yoko. Before he leaves for Hawaii, what does he tell his family he will do when he is ready to marry her?
(a) Send a special kimono to Yoko.
(b) Send twenty gold coins to his parents.
(c) Send a letter to Yoko.
(d) Send a letter to his mother.
2. When Whip Hoxworth dies in 1927, who is his chief heir?
(a) Char Nyuk Tsin.
(b) Hoxworth Hale.
(c) Sakagawa Kamejiro.
(d) John Whipple.
3. In 1952, the United States passed the McCarren-Walter Immigration Act. What did this Act do?
(a) It made it impossible for Asian-born residents to return to their home country.
(b) It allowed Asians to become U.S. citizens.
(c) It forced all Asians to become U.S. citizens.
(d) It forced all Asian-born residents to return to their home countries.
4. In 1951, when Char Nyuk Tsin is 104 years old, what statement does her grandson read aloud from the newspaper that catches her interest?
(a) A company can be more valuable losing money than making it.
(b) None of the given answers.
(c) A company can be more valuable making money than losing it.
(d) Real estate is no longer a safe place to invest money.
5. Kamejiro's daughter, Reiko, is courted by a soldier, Lieutenant Jackson. What is Lieutenant Jackson's military assignment?
(a) To look for Japanese spies.
(b) He is on leave and has no assignment.
(c) To recruit Japanese soldiers.
(d) To prevent Japanese girls from marrying service men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goro's new wife think about the Sakagawa household?
2. The next time the Fort meets, what do its members discover?
3. Who is the old man who walks into a Chinese temple on the island of Maui, screams at the people there, and hits objects with his cane?
4. Why is Char Nyuk Tsin, daughter of a Hakka chief, unmarried at the age of seventeen?
5. What cultural event does Shigeo attend in 1946 in Tokyo?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)