|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the second chain of islands formed in the southeast, how long was it?
(a) Two thousand miles long.
(b) Two miles long.
(c) Two hundred miles long.
(d) Two million miles long.
2. When Abner's oldest son married Noelani's daughter, how does Abner react?
(a) He is rude to her and calls her a heathen.
(b) He confesses that he wanted to marry her, himself.
(c) He welcomes her into the family.
(d) He burns down their new house.
3. What announcement does Jerusha make when she reaches Hawaii?
(a) She wants to be an actress.
(b) She is allergic to coconuts.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is going blind.
4. In comparison with the other land masses on the planet, what best describes these islands?
5. What important position does the king's uncle, Tupuna, pass down to Teroro?
(c) Human sacrifice.
6. What body of water serves as the setting for the opening section?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Arctic Ocean.
7. What is trapped in the rocks because of how they are formed?
8. What does decomposed lava rock create?
9. How deeply was the island submerged?
(a) Twelve hundred feet.
(b) Twelve dozen feet.
(c) Twelve inches.
(d) Twelve feet.
10. What good omen appears during the voyage?
(a) A flying fish.
(b) A new star.
(c) Another ship.
(d) A mermaid.
11. How do the other missionaries on the voyage to Hawaii feel about Abner?
(a) They worhsip him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They look to him for guidance.
12. Who or what is Wait-for-the-West-Wind?
(a) A ship.
(b) A village.
(c) A girl.
(d) A god.
13. During the voyage from New England to Hawaii, how many people must share each small cabin?
(b) A dozen.
(d) Each person has their own private cabin.
14. When the island king attends the temple ceremony, what is displayed there?
(a) Offerings of food.
(b) A stack of dead bodies.
(c) Piles of gold bars.
(d) Baskets of flowers.
15. Once an island is formed, what can further eruptions cause?
(d) All of the given answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes lava rock to decompose?
2. What is the name of Teroro's wife?
3. What beneficial object may have reached the island in bird excrement?
4. What are the Seven Little Eyes?
5. What god was the island chief's father sacrificed to appease?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)