|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the voyage from New England to Hawaii, how many people must share each small cabin?
(a) A dozen.
(d) Each person has their own private cabin.
2. In 1825, how much do the missionaries earn per year?
(a) Two thousand dollars per year.
(b) Twenty dollars per year.
(c) Two hundred dollars per year.
(d) They receive no salary at all.
3. What does Keoki tell Abner about the rocks in Malama's garden?
(a) They are family gods.
(b) They are souvenirs of Malama's travels.
(c) They are grave markers.
(d) All of the given answers.
4. What would the island paradise lack, when it was finally discovered by people?
5. How deeply was the island submerged?
(a) Twelve hundred feet.
(b) Twelve feet.
(c) Twelve inches.
(d) Twelve dozen feet.
6. What percent of Lahaina's population dies in the measles epidemic?
7. What is the name of the science that studies how the earth is formed?
8. What is the name of the newest god and the island of the gods?
9. When the island king attends the temple ceremony, what is displayed there?
(a) Baskets of flowers.
(b) Piles of gold bars.
(c) Offerings of food.
(d) A stack of dead bodies.
10. What is a submerged island called when it reaches the ocean's surface?
11. What word best describes the foliage on the island at the end of Chapter 1?
12. What is an accurate description of the earliest beaches?
(a) Sand covered by tall trees.
(b) Rock covered by small bushes.
(c) Rock covered by sand dunes.
(d) Bare rock with no sand.
13. What is trapped in the rocks because of how they are formed?
14. When the second chain of islands formed in the southeast, how long was it?
(a) Two miles long.
(b) Two million miles long.
(c) Two hundred miles long.
(d) Two thousand miles long.
15. What two ways does John Whipple plan to serve God?
(a) As missionary and cook.
(b) As missionary and sailor.
(c) As cook and doctor.
(d) As doctor and missionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In comparison with the other land masses on the planet, what best describes these islands?
2. What is an accurate description of the earliest body of water?
3. What is true about the body of water in Chapter 1?
4. What best describes the island civilization described in Chapter 2?
5. What are the Seven Little Eyes?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)