|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a submerged island called when it reaches the ocean's surface?
2. What is the primary setting of Chapter 2?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(b) Bora Bora.
3. How many letters are there in Hawaiian alphabet?
4. Learning that the high priest plans to betray the island king, the king and his followers plan to escape by sailing in what direction?
5. What time span is covered in Chapter 1?
(a) Ten years.
(b) A week.
(c) A century.
(d) Millions of years.
6. What causes lava rock to decompose?
(a) Changes in temperature.
(d) All of the above.
7. Once an island is formed, what can further eruptions cause?
(d) All of the given answers.
8. On what island is a new temple being built for which the high priest requires the presence of the island king and his entourage?
(a) Bora Bora.
(b) Puerto Rico.
9. When the second chain of islands formed in the southeast, how long was it?
(a) Two million miles long.
(b) Two hundred miles long.
(c) Two miles long.
(d) Two thousand miles long.
10. Abner condemns the Hawaiian practice of polygamy. What is polygamy?
(a) Worshipping false gods.
(c) Public drunkness.
(d) Being married to more than one person at a time.
11. How far below the surface did fissures form?
(a) Forty miles down.
(b) Four miles down.
(c) Four feet down.
(d) Four yards down.
12. In Chapter 3, what subject does Abner Hale study at Yale University?
13. Who is Kelolo?
(a) Keoki Kanakoa's father.
(b) One of Malama's husbands.
(c) None of the given answers.
(d) Both of the given answers.
14. What god do the island king and his people worship, to the high priest's displeasure?
15. During the voyage from New England to Hawaii, how many people must share each small cabin?
(a) A dozen.
(b) Each person has their own private cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two kinds of animals does the island king plan to take along on the escape voyage to use for meat?
2. What bad omen does the island king experience before he sails away?
3. In comparison with the other land masses on the planet, what best describes these islands?
4. The island king plans to take supplies and sixty people with him when he escapes, and sail with them for how many days?
5. What is true about the body of water in Chapter 1?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)