|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Golden Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the voyage from New England to Hawaii, how many people must share each small cabin?
(a) A dozen.
(c) Each person has their own private cabin.
2. What else does the island king plan to take along on the escape voyage?
(a) Saplings and roots to plant.
(b) Bags of gold coins to trade for food.
(c) Wood for carving a totem pole.
(d) Toys to amuse the children.
3. When the second chain of islands formed in the southeast, how long was it?
(a) Two hundred miles long.
(b) Two miles long.
(c) Two million miles long.
(d) Two thousand miles long.
4. What are Char Nyuk Tsin's sons told about their parents?
(a) None of the given answers.
(b) That their real mother lives in China.
(c) That their mother is of royal blood.
(d) Both of the given answers.
5. What is lava?
(a) A kind of sea weed.
(b) A kind of sea bird.
(c) Liquid molten rock.
(d) Floating wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will the sailing voyage from New England to Hawaii take?
2. Who does Noelani, Malama's royal daughter, marry?
3. What can underwater eruptions cause?
4. Kamejiro's daughter, Reiko, is courted by a soldier, Lieutenant Jackson. What is Lieutenant Jackson's military assignment?
5. When a slave woman weeps because her husband is going to be sacrificed, what happens?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)