|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, From the Farm of Bitterness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does the island king plan to take along on the escape voyage?
(a) Toys to amuse the children.
(b) Wood for carving a totem pole.
(c) Saplings and roots to plant.
(d) Bags of gold coins to trade for food.
2. What is trapped in the rocks because of how they are formed?
3. After nine years in Hawaii, how many children do Abner and Jerusha have?
4. What beneficial object may have reached the island in bird excrement?
(b) A message.
(d) A plant seed.
5. On what island is a new temple being built for which the high priest requires the presence of the island king and his entourage?
(a) Bora Bora.
(d) Puerto Rico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an accurate description of the earliest body of water?
2. What word best describes the kind of soil eventually created on the island?
3. What task is assigned to the missionaries?
4. In comparison with the other land masses on the planet, what best describes these islands?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what best describes the island?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)