|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, From the Starving Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the other missionaries on the voyage to Hawaii feel about Abner?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They worhsip him.
(c) They look to him for guidance.
(d) They laugh at him.
2. What best describes the island civilization described in Chapter 2?
(a) Weak and disorganized.
(b) Powerful and sophisticated.
3. What happens after Abner delivers Urania Hewlett's baby?
(a) Urania dies.
(b) The baby dies.
(c) Urania names the baby "Abner."
(d) Malama throws a party for Urania.
4. What causes lava rock to decompose?
(c) All of the above.
(d) Changes in temperature.
5. What world leader's death is mentioned as occurring around the time period described in Chapter 2?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(d) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad omen does the island king experience before he sails away?
2. What can underwater eruptions cause?
3. What relation is Teroro to the island king?
4. After nine years in Hawaii, how many children do Abner and Jerusha have?
5. How many letters are there in Hawaiian alphabet?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)