|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, From the Starving Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Whipple do for the community after he leaves missionary work?
(a) He runs a successful business.
(b) All of the given answers.
(c) Her performs marriages.
(d) He offers medical treatment.
2. What is trapped in the rocks because of how they are formed?
3. What does Whip Hoxworth bring from Formosa and ask Char Nyuk Tsin to plant?
(c) Pineapple plants.
4. Who helps Jerusha when her first child, a son, is born?
(b) John Whipple.
(d) A Hawaiian midwife.
5. What body of water serves as the setting for the opening section?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Arctic Ocean.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a submerged island called when it reaches the ocean's surface?
2. On what island is a new temple being built for which the high priest requires the presence of the island king and his entourage?
3. When Char Ti Chong and his people make a new home in the highlands, the group becomes known as the Hakka. What does "Hakka" mean?
4. What percent of Lahaina's population dies in the measles epidemic?
5. What bad omen does the island king experience before he sails away?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)