Chapter 1, From the Boundless Deep
1. What time span is covered in Chapter 1?
(a) A century.
(b) Millions of years.
(c) A week.
(d) Ten years.
2. What body of water serves as the setting for the opening section?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Arctic Ocean.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
3. What series of natural phenomena are described as the cause of events in the opening section?
(d) Volcanic eruptions.
4. What is an accurate description of the earliest beaches?
(a) Bare rock with no sand.
(b) Sand covered by tall trees.
(c) Rock covered by small bushes.
(d) Rock covered by sand dunes.
5. What is an accurate description of the earliest body of water?
(a) Completely frozen.
(b) Calm and stagnant.
(c) Partly cold with some ice.
(d) Completely warm and tropical.
6. What is true about the body of water in Chapter 1?
(a) None of the given answers.
(b) Both of the given answers.
(c) Life began there.
(d) It sometimes flooded the land.
This section contains 5,284 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)