1. What time span is covered in Chapter 1?
(a) A week.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A century.
(d) Millions of years.
2. What body of water serves as the setting for the opening section?
(a) The Arctic Ocean.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Indian Ocean.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
3. What series of natural phenomena are described as the cause of events in the opening section?
(c) Volcanic eruptions.
4. What is an accurate description of the earliest beaches?
(a) Rock covered by sand dunes.
(b) Rock covered by small bushes.
(c) Sand covered by tall trees.
(d) Bare rock with no sand.
5. What is an accurate description of the earliest body of water?
(a) Completely warm and tropical.
(b) Completely frozen.
(c) Calm and stagnant.
(d) Partly cold with some ice.
6. What is true about the body of water in Chapter 1?
(a) Both of the given answers.
(b) None of the given answers.
(c) Life began there.
(d) It sometimes flooded the land.
This section contains 5,284 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)