Chapter 1, From the Boundless Deep
* Millions of years ago, life began to form in the ocean depths.
* Undersea volcanic eruptions caused the formation, layer by layer, of islands.
* On the exposed island surface, volcanic rock decomposed under the influence of rain, wind and changes in temperature to form soil.
* Unique foliage developed on the isolated islands.
* As human civilization advanced elsewhere, on the mainland, these islands long remained undiscovered and uninhabited.
Chapter 2, From the Sun Swept Lagoon
* In Polynesia, on the island of Bora Bora, King Tamatoa engages in a power struggle with the high priest.
* The high priest uses human sacrifices to intimidate and control the king and his subjects.
* The king and his devoted brother, Teroro, lead an exodus of sixty men and women, sailing a month across the open sea to find a new land.
* At first, the king clings to the old ways of...
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)