|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following was a treat the sisters would make for the neighborhood children?
(c) Homemade potato chips.
2. What type of fruit trees did the Delany sisters have in their yard?
3. How old was the child when he died?
4. What was the occupation of the child's father?
(a) Field hand.
5. In what year did this event occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hap's wife convinced the sisters to move to which area?
2. Which of the following entertainers is not mentioned in this part of the story?
3. Hubert was elected to serve in which government body?
4. What was the name of the famous club in Harlem that catered to whites?
5. What finally killed Julia's only child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Little Hubie? Why was he special? What happened to the child?
2. Sadie relays the story of one of her first experiences in New York regarding strangers. What was the experience? What did Sadie learn?
3. Examine the incident with the cottage, Bessie, and the judge.
4. Discuss Sadie's difficulties during her first year at Pratt.
5. Examine the effect Nanny's death had on Sadie.
6. What is written about the assassinations of the famous leaders of the time, particularly those involved in the Civil Rights Movement?
7. Discuss the effect of the Depression on Harlem. Also discuss the end of the Harlem Renaissance.
8. How did the Delanys react to the major changes that were going on around them in Harlem?
9. Discuss the main issue in "Outliving the Rebby Boys."
10. What was the general impression of Harlem in the 1920s and 1930s? What was the other side of the situation?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)