|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bessie gave which of the following a "comeuppance" over the ordeal?
(a) Construction crew chief.
2. What was the occupation of the child's father?
(a) Field hand.
3. Where was the garden planted?
4. What word is used that means the same as angry?
5. What type of fruit trees did the Delany sisters have in their yard?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
2. In what year did the child die?
3. What was the woman's first name?
4. What was the name of the music teacher often visited by the sisters?
5. What happened to the cottage in the end?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sadie make extra money in the early years? What dampened the success of the business?
2. What was the general impression of Harlem in the 1920s and 1930s? What was the other side of the situation?
3. Discuss how Sadie's knowledge of vitamins and minerals benefited the family over the years.
4. The sisters talk about the deaths in the family. Who died first? Could any of the deaths have been prevented? Explain.
5. Discuss the main issue in "Outliving the Rebby Boys."
6. Discuss Julia's move to New York. How did Julia's presence affect Bessie's attempt to get work?
7. Discuss the effect of the Depression on Harlem. Also discuss the end of the Harlem Renaissance.
8. Explain Bessie's first practice. Who shared the office suite with Bessie?
9. Examine the incident with the cottage, Bessie, and the judge.
10. Who convinced the sisters to move to Westchester? What kind of reception did the sisters receive?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)