|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was believed that Nanny was beginning to suffer from which of the following?
2. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
(c) North Carolina.
3. Which sibling's son joined the service?
4. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
5. What was the occupation of the child's father?
(d) Field hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hubert was active in which famous organization?
2. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
3. Which child died shortly before Nanny's death?
4. How old was the child when he died?
5. What was the woman's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the incident with the cottage, Bessie, and the judge.
2. Discuss Julia's move to New York. How did Julia's presence affect Bessie's attempt to get work?
3. The sisters talk about their situation during World War II. Discuss at least one issue the sisters had at that time.
4. What is written about the assassinations of the famous leaders of the time, particularly those involved in the Civil Rights Movement?
5. Who convinced the sisters to move to Westchester? What kind of reception did the sisters receive?
6. How did the Delanys react to the major changes that were going on around them in Harlem?
7. How did Sadie make extra money in the early years? What dampened the success of the business?
8. Who was Little Hubie? Why was he special? What happened to the child?
9. Discuss Hubie's role in the political arena in New York.
10. Discuss how Sadie's knowledge of vitamins and minerals benefited the family over the years.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)