|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following entertainers is not mentioned in this part of the story?
2. Sadie is quoted as saying, "Life is short, and it's up to you to make it ____."
3. What was the cause of Lucius' death?
(b) Car accident.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Heart attack.
4. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
(b) St. Aug's.
(d) Mount Vernon.
5. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
2. Who took possession of Henry's papers and refused to give them up?
3. Where was the garden planted?
4. What item did Nanny often misplace?
5. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Bessie's first practice. Who shared the office suite with Bessie?
2. How did Nanny's death change Sadie's role in the family? What was the family's reaction to the change?
3. Examine the incident with the cottage, Bessie, and the judge.
4. Sadie and Bessie's neighbors in the projects were upset about the actions of the neighborhood kids. How did the sisters react to the issue?
5. Discuss at least two of Bessie's major challenges at Columbia.
6. Discuss Bessie's early days at Columbia. Which family member was most helpful to Bessie during that time?
7. Who convinced the sisters to move to Westchester? What kind of reception did the sisters receive?
8. What does Bessie say about the extra effort that must be put forth by Negroes?
9. Discuss how Sadie's knowledge of vitamins and minerals benefited the family over the years.
10. Who was Little Hubie? Why was he special? What happened to the child?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)