|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Julia's husband?
2. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
(b) St. Aug's.
(d) Mount Vernon.
3. Bessie says that she thought Martin Luther King, Jr. was a(n) _____.
(d) Trouble maker.
4. What was the name of the funeral parlor where Nanny was laid to rest?
5. Hubert was active in which famous organization?
Short Answer Questions
1. What saying is attributed to Sadie?
2. It was decided that Sadie would work until age ____.
3. Which child died shortly before Nanny's death?
4. In what month did the crash take place?
5. Which of the children died due to a hospital's negligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the effect of the Depression on Harlem. Also discuss the end of the Harlem Renaissance.
2. Who convinced the sisters to move to Westchester? What kind of reception did the sisters receive?
3. How did the Delanys react to the major changes that were going on around them in Harlem?
4. What prompted the family to move to New York? Who moved to the city first? Why?
5. What was the general impression of Harlem in the 1920s and 1930s? What was the other side of the situation?
6. What does Bessie say about the extra effort that must be put forth by Negroes?
7. Discuss the main issue in "Outliving the Rebby Boys."
8. Examine the incident with the cottage, Bessie, and the judge.
9. Sadie and Bessie's neighbors in the projects were upset about the actions of the neighborhood kids. How did the sisters react to the issue?
10. Explain Bessie's first practice. Who shared the office suite with Bessie?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)