|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the controversy take place?
2. Julia was proficient in playing which instrument?
3. What type of house did the sisters buy?
4. What was the husband's occupation?
(a) Construction supervisor.
(b) Insurance salesman.
5. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the child's father?
2. What was the name of the woman's young daughter?
3. In what month did the event occur?
4. In what month did the crash take place?
5. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Hubie's role in the political arena in New York.
2. Discuss how Sadie's knowledge of vitamins and minerals benefited the family over the years.
3. Examine the incident with the cottage, Bessie, and the judge.
4. Sadie was tricky when it came to getting a job at a high school. What was Sadie's trick? Why was it necessary?
5. What does Bessie say about the extra effort that must be put forth by Negroes?
6. Sadie and Bessie's neighbors in the projects were upset about the actions of the neighborhood kids. How did the sisters react to the issue?
7. Who was Little Hubie? Why was he special? What happened to the child?
8. Discuss Bessie's early days at Columbia. Which family member was most helpful to Bessie during that time?
9. What is written about the assassinations of the famous leaders of the time, particularly those involved in the Civil Rights Movement?
10. What prompted the family to move to New York? Who moved to the city first? Why?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)