|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incident encouraged the child to pursue a career as a _____.
2. What was the name of Bessie's pet pig?
3. In what year was the book written?
4. What was the name of the sisters' father?
5. How long had the sisters lived in that area?
(a) 75 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 55 years.
(d) 60 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Henry and Nanny get married?
2. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
3. In which state was this town located?
4. What word is best used to describe Bessie?
5. What was the writer's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions did the Mocks take that was illegal?
2. Who was the Mock family? How were they important to the Delanys?
3. Who helped to take care of the sisters?
4. What was the marital status of the sisters? What was their explanation?
5. What type of school is St. Augustine's? When was it established? Where is it located?
6. Discuss the ages and situation between Sadie and Bessie.
7. How was Henry Delany presented with the opportunity to go to college? What major life change was Henry asked to make?
8. What is Bessie's opinion of whites? Who was responsible for giving whites a bad name in the eyes of the Negro?
9. Discuss Jim Crow Days. When did they occur? What was changed by the laws?
10. The book details the history of Nanny Logan Delany's family. What was unusual about the family dynamic?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)