|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state was this town located?
(c) West Virginia.
2. Grandpa Miliam once told Nanny that every one of her children could have been a:
(c) Snake oil salesman.
3. What was the name of the town where Nanny's sister lived?
(a) Harper's Ferry.
(b) Port Royal.
(c) Brown Mountain.
(d) Lynch's Station.
4. The reason for the refusal was that the members of the organization thought Sadie was ____.
(b) Double dipping.
(d) Working at a new job.
5. In what month was Sadie born?
Short Answer Questions
1. The incident encouraged the child to pursue a career as a _____.
2. How old was Mr. Delany when he was freed from slavery?
3. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
4. What is Sadie's real first name?
5. What is Bessie's real first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an issue-free Negro? What is the difference between an issue-free slave and a freed slave?
2. How old was Henry Delany when he was freed? How was Henry affected?
3. What does the author say about Sadie and Bessie in regards to their age and view of history?
4. What gift of Bessie's was not readily acknowledged? Why was it kept under wraps?
5. Who helped to take care of the sisters?
6. What prevented people from harassing Nanny's grandparents? What major issue occurred after the death of Mr. Miliam?
7. Discuss the births of the ten children, including their full names and birth years.
8. Examine Henry's offer to go to college. When did it occur? What concessions would Henry have to make?
9. What was the marital status of the sisters? What was their explanation?
10. Discuss the wedding of Henry and Nanny Delany.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)