|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Sadie born?
2. What was the name of Nanny's midwife?
(a) Mrs. Humbert.
(b) Miss Kenney.
(c) Miss Frederick.
(d) Mrs. Robertson.
3. Bessie says she intends to live to be how old?
4. Henry believed that the epidemic was caused by which of the following?
(a) Spoiled food.
(b) Poor hygiene.
(c) Lack of sanitary conditions.
(d) Contaminated water.
5. When someone makes a statement and is proven to be wrong, it is often said that the person has to eat ____.
(b) Pig's feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Delany went to which school?
2. How old is Bessie?
3. What was the profession for Mr. Delany?
4. How many Delany children were there in total?
5. Where was Henry Delany born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Henry Delany presented with the opportunity to go to college? What major life change was Henry asked to make?
2. Who was the Mock family? How were they important to the Delanys?
3. What actions did the Mocks take that was illegal?
4. What is Bessie's opinion of whites? Who was responsible for giving whites a bad name in the eyes of the Negro?
5. What is an issue-free Negro? What is the difference between an issue-free slave and a freed slave?
6. Name at least one thing that bothered Bessie the most about the rebbys.
7. The living arrangements for the sisters were somewhat unusual considering their respective ages. What was the arrangement?
8. Examine Henry's offer to go to college. When did it occur? What concessions would Henry have to make?
9. Where did Henry and Nanny meet? What was unusual about their wedding?
10. Discuss the age and relationship between the two sisters.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)