|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The event that caused the start of the Jim Crow era involved a man from which state?
(b) North Carolina.
2. Henry believed that the epidemic was caused by which of the following?
(a) Spoiled food.
(b) Poor hygiene.
(c) Contaminated water.
(d) Lack of sanitary conditions.
3. Where did the sisters live?
(a) Mount Vernon.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Boca Raton.
4. What is the name of Nanny's sister?
5. Although the sisters can be very different, they are _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sadie's profession?
2. What is the term used when one's parent is free, albeit with black ancestry?
3. What is the word used that means those who tend to say negative things about others?
4. Bessie refers to which saint?
5. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bessie's opinion of whites? Who was responsible for giving whites a bad name in the eyes of the Negro?
2. The living arrangements for the sisters were somewhat unusual considering their respective ages. What was the arrangement?
3. What actions did the Mocks take that was illegal?
4. What was the public opinion of Henry Delany during his career? What changed the way people viewed the Delany family?
5. Name at least one thing that bothered Bessie the most about the rebbys.
6. Which segment of the population did not readily accept or celebrate the Delanys' successes?
7. How old was Henry Delany when he was freed? How was Henry affected?
8. Discuss the wedding of Henry and Nanny Delany.
9. Discuss the age and relationship between the two sisters.
10. Discuss Jim Crow Days. When did they occur? What was changed by the laws?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)