|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Henry Delany born?
2. Which famous case was responsible for the introduction of the laws?
(a) Delany v. North Carolina.
(b) Roe v. Wade.
(c) Plessy v. Ferguson.
(d) Brown v. The Board of Education.
3. Black students in which state were the first to break the laws regarding segregation in public schools?
4. How many Delany children were there in total?
5. How old was Mr. Delany when he was freed from slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
2. What is a more common name for a "bull-bat?"
3. How old was Bessie when she left home by herself for the first time?
4. Although the sisters can be very different, they are _____.
5. In what year did the Jim Crow laws take effect on a federal level?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two major events were the death knells of Jim Crow?
2. Discuss the wedding of Henry and Nanny Delany.
3. What was different about the Delany family compared to other black families in the South?
4. What gift of Bessie's was not readily acknowledged? Why was it kept under wraps?
5. What prevented people from harassing Nanny's grandparents? What major issue occurred after the death of Mr. Miliam?
6. Discuss the age and relationship between the two sisters.
7. Which segment of the population did not readily accept or celebrate the Delanys' successes?
8. Who was the Mock family? How were they important to the Delanys?
9. Discuss the ages and situation between Sadie and Bessie.
10. The living arrangements for the sisters were somewhat unusual considering their respective ages. What was the arrangement?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)