|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did the Delanys refer to as their hometown?
(c) New York.
2. Bessie refers to which saint?
3. Grandpa Miliam once told Nanny that every one of her children could have been a:
(b) Snake oil salesman.
4. Jim Crow was a well known ____ character.
5. When Bessie was about 15, the region was struck with a _____ epidemic.
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bessie says she intends to live to be how old?
2. Although the sisters can be very different, they are _____.
3. Sadie says that Bessie has great _____ but does not use it.
4. Nanny came from which state?
5. The reason for the refusal was that the members of the organization thought Sadie was ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Name at least one thing that bothered Bessie the most about the rebbys.
2. What type of school is St. Augustine's? When was it established? Where is it located?
3. Discuss the wedding of Henry and Nanny Delany.
4. Discuss the births of the ten children, including their full names and birth years.
5. What was the reaction of many slaves when slavery ended? What did the slaves do upon being freed?
6. Discuss the ages and situation between Sadie and Bessie.
7. Who helped to take care of the sisters?
8. How old was Henry Delany when he was freed? How was Henry affected?
9. What is Bessie's opinion of whites? Who was responsible for giving whites a bad name in the eyes of the Negro?
10. What about the Delany sisters surprises most people? What is the general opinion of the Delany sisters' neighbors?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)