|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the injury?
(b) Schoolyard brawl.
(c) Accidental fall.
2. Bessie says she would treat her pet ____ better than she was treated by many white people.
3. In which state was this town located?
(a) West Virginia.
4. In what state were the Delanys raised?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
5. In what year did Henry and Nanny get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bessie when she left home by herself for the first time?
2. Bessie jokes about arriving at which place?
3. What was the name of the small town where the house was located?
4. Nanny came from which state?
5. Which of the professions is not mentioned by Bessie when she talks about blacks being the backbone of the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the Mock family? How were they important to the Delanys?
2. Discuss Jim Crow Days. When did they occur? What was changed by the laws?
3. How old was Henry Delany when he was freed? How was Henry affected?
4. What actions did the Mocks take that was illegal?
5. What is the reputation Bessie created for herself? What does Bessie think will happen to her when she dies?
6. What gift of Bessie's was not readily acknowledged? Why was it kept under wraps?
7. What about the Delany sisters surprises most people? What is the general opinion of the Delany sisters' neighbors?
8. What was the public opinion of Henry Delany during his career? What changed the way people viewed the Delany family?
9. Discuss the wedding of Henry and Nanny Delany.
10. What does the author say about Sadie and Bessie in regards to their age and view of history?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)