|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the sisters, Nanny's judgment was often _____.
2. Julia was proficient in playing which instrument?
3. What happened to the cottage in the end?
(a) It was moved across the street.
(c) It was deeded to Bessie and Sadie.
(d) It was torn down.
4. What was the name of Hap's wife?
5. What was the cause of Manross' death?
(a) Killed in war.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Car accident.
6. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
7. What kind of garden did the family plant?
8. Bessie gave which of the following a "comeuppance" over the ordeal?
(c) Construction crew chief.
9. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
10. It was decided that Sadie would work until age ____.
11. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
12. What saying is attributed to Sadie?
(a) An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.
(b) Better late than never.
(c) Live and let live.
(d) The early bird catches the worm.
13. It was believed that Nanny was beginning to suffer from which of the following?
14. Which of the Delany children served in World War II?
15. Which one of the following was a treat the sisters would make for the neighborhood children?
(b) Homemade potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
2. What was the surname of the woman who sparked great controversy in the fight against segregation?
3. Where did the sisters live when their house was condemned by the government?
4. Who was the editor of the Amsterdam News?
5. Hap's wife convinced the sisters to move to which area?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)