|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sadie is quoted as saying, "Life is short, and it's up to you to make it ____."
2. The Delany in the service helped to build which famous road?
(c) Brenner Pass.
3. Who took possession of Henry's papers and refused to give them up?
4. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
(a) Spitting image.
(c) Little one.
(d) Favorite child.
5. Despite the little boy's physical problems it was obvious that he possessed ______.
6. What was the name of Julia's husband?
7. Who was the editor of the Amsterdam News?
8. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
(c) Drinking milk.
9. What type of fruit trees did the Delany sisters have in their yard?
10. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
11. It was decided that Sadie would work until age ____.
12. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
13. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
14. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
15. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the stock market crash?
2. In what year did the child die?
3. What item did Nanny often misplace?
4. What was the name of Bessie's boyfriend at the time?
5. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)