|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the controversy take place?
2. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
3. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
(a) Spitting image.
(b) Favorite child.
(c) Little one.
4. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
(a) Fixed their car.
(b) Lent money to them.
(c) Recently become the mayor.
(d) Saved their son's life.
5. What was the name of Julia's husband?
6. What was the woman's first name?
7. Out of those cases, how many did Hubert lose?
8. In what year did the stock market crash?
9. Which of the children died due to a hospital's negligence?
10. What was the husband's occupation?
(b) Construction supervisor.
(c) Insurance salesman.
11. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
12. Sadie often shopped at what kind of store?
(b) Dry goods.
13. Which of the following groups was not represented in the projects?
14. Which of the Delany children served in World War II?
15. What was the name of the nephew who had a special place in the hearts of Sadie and Bessie?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
2. Which of the following entertainers is not mentioned in this part of the story?
3. Bessie remarks that the Civil Rights Movement suffered from ______ after Martin Luther King, Jr. died.
4. Which one of the following was a treat the sisters would make for the neighborhood children?
5. What was the cause of Lucius' death?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)