|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sisters tell a story about a young boy who was trying to save the life of which type of bird?
2. Who took possession of Henry's papers and refused to give them up?
3. Which of the following groups was not represented in the projects?
4. Which of the other children was the same age as the little boy?
5. What kind of garden did the family plant?
6. Which man's assassination is not mentioned in this section?
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Medgar Evers.
(d) Bobby Kennedy.
7. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
8. Part five talks about the revitalization of which New York neighborhood?
(a) Greenwhich Village.
9. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
(a) Spitting image.
(c) Favorite child.
(d) Little one.
10. Who was the first child to die?
11. According to the sisters, Nanny's judgment was often _____.
12. Out of those cases, how many did Hubert lose?
13. What was the surname of the woman who sparked great controversy in the fight against segregation?
14. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
(d) Drinking milk.
15. What was the cause of Manross' death?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Killed in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
2. Bessie gave which of the following a "comeuppance" over the ordeal?
3. Who was the editor of the Amsterdam News?
4. It was believed that Nanny was beginning to suffer from which of the following?
5. Where did the sisters live when their house was condemned by the government?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)