|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the garden planted?
2. What was the name of the music teacher often visited by the sisters?
3. Who was the editor of the Amsterdam News?
4. "Outliving the ____ Boys" details the end of the Jim Crow era.
5. It was believed that Nanny was beginning to suffer from which of the following?
6. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
7. In what year did the child die?
8. According to the sisters, Nanny's judgment was often _____.
9. What was the name of the funeral parlor where Nanny was laid to rest?
10. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
11. In what month did the crash take place?
12. What item did Nanny often misplace?
(c) Pension check.
13. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
(b) North Carolina.
14. Three children died after Nanny's death. In which order did the children die?
(a) Sam, Lucius and Julia.
(b) Hap, Sadie and Julia.
(c) Lemuel, Bessie and Lucius.
(d) Lucius, Harry and Manross.
15. What was the cause of Lucius' death?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of garden did the family plant?
2. What is another name for an act of revitalization?
3. Sadie often shopped at what kind of store?
4. The Delany in the service helped to build which famous road?
5. What would the man do to prompt the child to eat?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)