|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
2. Where did the sisters live when their house was condemned by the government?
(d) Mount Vernon.
3. Out of those cases, how many did Hubert lose?
4. What type of house did the sisters buy?
5. According to the sisters, Nanny's judgment was often _____.
6. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
7. Bessie remarks that the Civil Rights Movement suffered from ______ after Martin Luther King, Jr. died.
(a) A lack of leadership.
8. Which man's assassination is not mentioned in this section?
(a) Medgar Evers.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Bobby Kennedy.
9. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
(a) Saved their son's life.
(b) Lent money to them.
(c) Recently become the mayor.
(d) Fixed their car.
10. What happened to the cottage in the end?
(b) It was moved across the street.
(c) It was deeded to Bessie and Sadie.
(d) It was torn down.
11. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
12. In what year did the child die?
13. What finally killed Julia's only child?
14. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
(d) Drinking milk.
15. Who built a house before the sisters moved to the area?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups was not represented in the projects?
2. What item did Nanny often misplace?
3. What was the occupation of the child's father?
4. In what year did this event occur?
5. What was the woman's first name?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)