|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the husband's occupation?
(b) Construction supervisor.
(d) Insurance salesman.
2. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
3. Which of the Delany children served in World War II?
4. What was the cause of Manross' death?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Killed in war.
(d) Car accident.
5. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
(b) North Carolina.
6. How old was Nanny at this point?
7. Hubert was active in which famous organization?
8. What was the name of Julia's husband?
9. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
10. Part five talks about the revitalization of which New York neighborhood?
(a) Greenwhich Village.
11. How old was the child when he died?
12. The sisters tell a story about a young boy who was trying to save the life of which type of bird?
13. Out of those cases, how many did Hubert lose?
14. What was the name of Hap's wife?
15. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man's assassination is not mentioned in this section?
2. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
3. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
4. What finally killed Julia's only child?
5. Which of the other children was the same age as the little boy?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)