|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally killed Julia's only child?
2. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
3. Bessie objects to which of the following due to her age?
(c) Nursing homes.
4. In what year did the child die?
5. Where did the sisters live when their house was condemned by the government?
(a) Mount Vernon.
6. Despite the little boy's physical problems it was obvious that he possessed ______.
7. Where was the garden planted?
8. Where did Julia go to school?
(c) St. Benedict.
(d) University of Pennsylvania.
9. Which of the other children was the same age as the little boy?
10. In what year did this event occur?
11. It was decided that Sadie would work until age ____.
12. What was the term used to describe the child's condition?
13. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
14. How old was Bessie when she retired?
15. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
(a) Recently become the mayor.
(b) Lent money to them.
(c) Fixed their car.
(d) Saved their son's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
2. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
3. "Outliving the ____ Boys" details the end of the Jim Crow era.
4. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
5. Which famous writer was the only one to stay in Harlem after the Renaissance?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)