|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surname of the woman who sparked great controversy in the fight against segregation?
2. Which of the Delany children served in World War II?
3. Hap's wife convinced the sisters to move to which area?
(a) White Plains.
4. How old was Bessie when she retired?
5. Part five talks about the revitalization of which New York neighborhood?
(c) Greenwhich Village.
6. Which of the other children was the same age as the little boy?
7. What was the term used to describe the child's condition?
8. What kind of garden did the family plant?
9. What type of house did the sisters buy?
10. In what month did the event occur?
11. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
12. Which city was the site of major activity in the Civil Rights Movement?
(d) New Orleans.
13. "Outliving the ____ Boys" details the end of the Jim Crow era.
14. Who was the first child to die?
15. Hubert was elected to serve in which government body?
(a) District Court.
(d) Supreme Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
2. Bessie says that she thought Martin Luther King, Jr. was a(n) _____.
3. What happened to the cottage in the end?
4. What was the name of Julia's husband?
5. Bessie objects to which of the following due to her age?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)