|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bessie says that she thought Martin Luther King, Jr. was a(n) _____.
(d) Trouble maker.
2. What kind of garden did the family plant?
3. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
4. In what year did the child die?
5. Which of the following entertainers is not mentioned in this part of the story?
6. Hubert was elected to serve in which government body?
(a) District Court.
(d) Supreme Court.
7. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
8. What was the term used to describe the child's condition?
9. Bessie objects to which of the following due to her age?
(a) Nursing homes.
10. What type of fruit trees did the Delany sisters have in their yard?
11. According to the sisters, Nanny's judgment was often _____.
12. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
(a) Recently become the mayor.
(b) Fixed their car.
(c) Lent money to them.
(d) Saved their son's life.
13. Who took possession of Henry's papers and refused to give them up?
14. Out of those cases, how many did Hubert lose?
15. Sadie often shopped at what kind of store?
(d) Dry goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the surname of the woman who sparked great controversy in the fight against segregation?
2. Part five talks about the revitalization of which New York neighborhood?
3. What would the man do to prompt the child to eat?
4. Who was the first child to die?
5. Which sibling's son joined the service?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)