|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
2. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
3. Bessie remarks that the Civil Rights Movement suffered from ______ after Martin Luther King, Jr. died.
(b) A lack of leadership.
4. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
5. What was the occupation of the child's father?
(c) Field hand.
6. Three children died after Nanny's death. In which order did the children die?
(a) Lucius, Harry and Manross.
(b) Hap, Sadie and Julia.
(c) Sam, Lucius and Julia.
(d) Lemuel, Bessie and Lucius.
7. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
8. Which of the children died due to a hospital's negligence?
9. What would the man do to prompt the child to eat?
(a) Read stories.
10. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
(b) Drinking milk.
11. How old was the child when he died?
12. Bessie objects to which of the following due to her age?
(d) Nursing homes.
13. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
(a) St. Aug's.
(b) Mount Vernon.
14. What was the name of Julia's husband?
15. The Delany in the service helped to build which famous road?
(a) Brenner Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Bessie's boyfriend at the time?
2. How old was Nanny at this point?
3. What was the woman's first name?
4. Sadie is quoted as saying, "Life is short, and it's up to you to make it ____."
5. It was believed that Nanny was beginning to suffer from which of the following?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)