|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
2. The Delany in the service helped to build which famous road?
(d) Brenner Pass.
3. Where did the controversy take place?
4. What was the cause of Manross' death?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Killed in war.
(d) Car accident.
5. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
(a) Fixed their car.
(b) Lent money to them.
(c) Saved their son's life.
(d) Recently become the mayor.
6. What was the name of the nephew who had a special place in the hearts of Sadie and Bessie?
7. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
(c) Mount Vernon.
(d) St. Aug's.
8. What was the name of the funeral parlor where Nanny was laid to rest?
9. Which sibling's son joined the service?
10. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
11. In what month did the event occur?
12. In what year did the stock market crash?
13. Where did Julia go to school?
(a) St. Benedict.
(c) University of Pennsylvania.
14. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
15. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of garden did the family plant?
2. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
3. What saying is attributed to Sadie?
4. Julia was proficient in playing which instrument?
5. Which child died shortly before Nanny's death?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)