|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
2. Which city was the site of major activity in the Civil Rights Movement?
(c) New Orleans.
3. What item did Nanny often misplace?
(a) Pension check.
4. What was the name of Hap's wife?
5. What was the cause of Lucius' death?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) Car accident.
6. What was the woman's first name?
7. Who was the first child to die?
8. Where was the garden planted?
9. Hubert was elected to serve in which government body?
(b) District Court.
(c) Supreme Court.
10. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
11. Which of the following entertainers is not mentioned in this part of the story?
12. In what year did the child die?
13. Bessie remarks that the Civil Rights Movement suffered from ______ after Martin Luther King, Jr. died.
(b) A lack of leadership.
14. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
15. How old was Bessie when she retired?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used that means the same as angry?
2. In what year did this event occur?
3. It was believed that Nanny was beginning to suffer from which of the following?
4. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
5. Bessie says that she thought Martin Luther King, Jr. was a(n) _____.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)