|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Julia go to school?
(c) St. Benedict.
(d) University of Pennsylvania.
2. Hubert was elected to serve in which government body?
(a) Supreme Court.
(b) District Court.
3. What item did Nanny often misplace?
(c) Pension check.
4. What type of fruit trees did the Delany sisters have in their yard?
5. "Outliving the ____ Boys" details the end of the Jim Crow era.
6. Julia was proficient in playing which instrument?
7. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
(a) Mount Vernon.
(d) St. Aug's.
8. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
(b) North Carolina.
9. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
10. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
11. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
(a) Favorite child.
(b) Spitting image.
(c) Little one.
12. What was the name of Bessie's boyfriend at the time?
13. Bessie gave which of the following a "comeuppance" over the ordeal?
(d) Construction crew chief.
14. Hubert was active in which famous organization?
15. According to the sisters, Nanny's judgment was often _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hap's wife convinced the sisters to move to which area?
2. In what year did the child die?
3. How old was Nanny at this point?
4. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
5. What was the husband's occupation?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)