|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children died due to a hospital's negligence?
2. Where was the garden planted?
3. How old was Bessie when she retired?
4. Who built a house before the sisters moved to the area?
5. Sadie often shopped at what kind of store?
(d) Dry goods.
6. What saying is attributed to Sadie?
(a) The early bird catches the worm.
(b) Live and let live.
(c) An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.
(d) Better late than never.
7. In what year did the child die?
8. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
9. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
10. What type of house did the sisters buy?
11. Who was the editor of the Amsterdam News?
12. Out of those cases, how many did Hubert lose?
13. Three children died after Nanny's death. In which order did the children die?
(a) Lemuel, Bessie and Lucius.
(b) Sam, Lucius and Julia.
(c) Hap, Sadie and Julia.
(d) Lucius, Harry and Manross.
14. Where did the controversy take place?
15. What would the man do to prompt the child to eat?
(c) Read stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the woman's first name?
2. What was the name of Hap's wife?
3. Which famous writer was the only one to stay in Harlem after the Renaissance?
4. Which one of the following was a treat the sisters would make for the neighborhood children?
5. The sisters tell a story about a young boy who was trying to save the life of which type of bird?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)