|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
(b) Drinking milk.
2. What was the name of Bessie's boyfriend at the time?
3. What type of house did the sisters buy?
4. What type of fruit trees did the Delany sisters have in their yard?
5. What would the man do to prompt the child to eat?
(a) Read stories.
6. In what month did the crash take place?
7. What item did Nanny often misplace?
(c) Pension check.
8. Where did the controversy take place?
9. In what month did the event occur?
10. Which city was the site of major activity in the Civil Rights Movement?
(d) New Orleans.
11. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
(a) Lent money to them.
(b) Saved their son's life.
(c) Fixed their car.
(d) Recently become the mayor.
12. Which famous writer was the only one to stay in Harlem after the Renaissance?
13. What was the surname of the woman who sparked great controversy in the fight against segregation?
14. Sadie often shopped at what kind of store?
(c) Dry goods.
15. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the child's father?
2. What was the husband's occupation?
3. Which of the following entertainers is not mentioned in this part of the story?
4. Which child died shortly before Nanny's death?
5. What was the cause of Manross' death?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)