|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was believed that Nanny was beginning to suffer from which of the following?
2. Bessie objects to which of the following due to her age?
(d) Nursing homes.
3. Who was the first child to die?
4. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
5. What was the name of Julia's husband?
6. Sadie is quoted as saying, "Life is short, and it's up to you to make it ____."
7. Bessie says that she thought Martin Luther King, Jr. was a(n) _____.
(d) Trouble maker.
8. What finally killed Julia's only child?
9. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
10. How old was the child when he died?
11. What word is used that means the same as angry?
12. Who took possession of Henry's papers and refused to give them up?
13. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
(a) Saved their son's life.
(b) Fixed their car.
(c) Recently become the mayor.
(d) Lent money to them.
14. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
15. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
(c) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
2. What was the cause of Manross' death?
3. Part five talks about the revitalization of which New York neighborhood?
4. What was the woman's first name?
5. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)