|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
(b) Mount Vernon.
(c) St. Aug's.
2. Bessie objects to which of the following due to her age?
(a) Nursing homes.
3. What saying is attributed to Sadie?
(a) An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.
(b) Better late than never.
(c) Live and let live.
(d) The early bird catches the worm.
4. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
5. Which famous writer was the only one to stay in Harlem after the Renaissance?
6. What was the occupation of the child's father?
(b) Field hand.
7. What type of house did the sisters buy?
8. What item did Nanny often misplace?
(c) Pension check.
9. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
10. Who built a house before the sisters moved to the area?
11. Hap's wife convinced the sisters to move to which area?
(d) White Plains.
12. Where did the controversy take place?
13. What was the cause of Manross' death?
(a) Killed in war.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Heart attack.
14. What is another name for an act of revitalization?
15. Where did the sisters live when their house was condemned by the government?
(d) Mount Vernon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups was not represented in the projects?
2. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
3. What was the name of the nephew who had a special place in the hearts of Sadie and Bessie?
4. What was the cause of Lucius' death?
5. How old was Bessie when she retired?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)