|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bessie remarks that the Civil Rights Movement suffered from ______ after Martin Luther King, Jr. died.
(a) A lack of leadership.
2. How old was the child when he died?
3. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
4. Hap's wife convinced the sisters to move to which area?
(b) White Plains.
5. What word is used that means the same as angry?
6. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
7. What was the name of Bessie's boyfriend at the time?
8. Hubert was elected to serve in which government body?
(a) District Court.
(b) Supreme Court.
9. What item did Nanny often misplace?
(b) Pension check.
10. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
(b) Mount Vernon.
(d) St. Aug's.
11. What kind of garden did the family plant?
12. What type of fruit trees did the Delany sisters have in their yard?
13. What was the name of the funeral parlor where Nanny was laid to rest?
14. What was the cause of Lucius' death?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Car accident.
(d) Heart attack.
15. Who was the first child to die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous writer was the only one to stay in Harlem after the Renaissance?
2. What was the term used to describe the child's condition?
3. Sadie often shopped at what kind of store?
4. Where was the garden planted?
5. What was the name of Hap's wife?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)