|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sibling's son joined the service?
2. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
(a) North Carolina.
3. In what month did the crash take place?
4. What was the name of the funeral parlor where Nanny was laid to rest?
5. Sadie is quoted as saying, "Life is short, and it's up to you to make it ____."
6. Which of the other children was the same age as the little boy?
7. Bessie says that she thought Martin Luther King, Jr. was a(n) _____.
(b) Trouble maker.
8. What was the name of Bessie's boyfriend at the time?
9. In what month did the event occur?
10. What item did Nanny often misplace?
(c) Pension check.
11. Bessie gave which of the following a "comeuppance" over the ordeal?
(d) Construction crew chief.
12. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
13. Which famous writer was the only one to stay in Harlem after the Renaissance?
14. What was the term used to describe the child's condition?
15. In what year did the child die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of garden did the family plant?
2. Hubert was active in which famous organization?
3. How old was the child when he died?
4. How old was Nanny at this point?
5. What saying is attributed to Sadie?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)