|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Nanny at this point?
2. What was the name of the funeral parlor where Nanny was laid to rest?
3. What was the husband's occupation?
(a) Construction supervisor.
(c) Insurance salesman.
4. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
5. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
6. What was the term used to describe the child's condition?
7. Three children died after Nanny's death. In which order did the children die?
(a) Lemuel, Bessie and Lucius.
(b) Hap, Sadie and Julia.
(c) Lucius, Harry and Manross.
(d) Sam, Lucius and Julia.
8. The sisters tell a story about a young boy who was trying to save the life of which type of bird?
9. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
10. What was the name of the nephew who had a special place in the hearts of Sadie and Bessie?
11. What was the name of Julia's husband?
12. Who was the editor of the Amsterdam News?
13. Despite the little boy's physical problems it was obvious that he possessed ______.
14. What was the surname of the woman who sparked great controversy in the fight against segregation?
15. What kind of garden did the family plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
2. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
3. Where did the sisters live when their house was condemned by the government?
4. Sadie often shopped at what kind of store?
5. Which city was the site of major activity in the Civil Rights Movement?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)