|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hubert was active in which famous organization?
2. Bessie says that she thought Martin Luther King, Jr. was a(n) _____.
(d) Trouble maker.
3. The Delany in the service helped to build which famous road?
(a) Brenner Pass.
4. Which city was the site of major activity in the Civil Rights Movement?
(d) New Orleans.
5. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
(a) Fixed their car.
(b) Recently become the mayor.
(c) Saved their son's life.
(d) Lent money to them.
6. What was the cause of Manross' death?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Killed in war.
(d) Heart attack.
7. Out of those cases, how many did Hubert lose?
8. Three children died after Nanny's death. In which order did the children die?
(a) Lemuel, Bessie and Lucius.
(b) Sam, Lucius and Julia.
(c) Lucius, Harry and Manross.
(d) Hap, Sadie and Julia.
9. What was the surname of the woman who sparked great controversy in the fight against segregation?
10. Sadie often shopped at what kind of store?
(a) Dry goods.
11. What word is used that means the same as angry?
12. What was the occupation of the child's father?
(c) Field hand.
13. How old was the child when he died?
14. In what year did this event occur?
15. What was the husband's occupation?
(b) Insurance salesman.
(c) Construction supervisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was believed that Nanny was beginning to suffer from which of the following?
2. The sisters tell a story about a young boy who was trying to save the life of which type of bird?
3. It was decided that Sadie would work until age ____.
4. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
5. Hubert was elected to serve in which government body?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)