|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did the event occur?
2. Which sibling's son joined the service?
3. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
(b) North Carolina.
4. How many cases did Hubert prosecute during his career?
5. Which famous writer was the only one to stay in Harlem after the Renaissance?
6. What word is used that means the same as angry?
7. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
8. What is another name for an act of revitalization?
9. What was the name of the funeral parlor where Nanny was laid to rest?
10. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
(c) Drinking milk.
11. Part five talks about the revitalization of which New York neighborhood?
(d) Greenwhich Village.
12. The sisters tell a story about a young boy who was trying to save the life of which type of bird?
13. Which of the following groups was not represented in the projects?
14. Which of the following entertainers is not mentioned in this part of the story?
15. Where did the sisters live when their house was condemned by the government?
(b) Mount Vernon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fruit trees did the Delany sisters have in their yard?
2. According to the sisters, Nanny's judgment was often _____.
3. Where did the controversy take place?
4. What was the woman's first name?
5. Sadie is quoted as saying, "Life is short, and it's up to you to make it ____."
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)