|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the famous club in Harlem that catered to whites?
(a) Harlem Tavern.
(b) Cotton Club.
(c) Radio City.
(d) Carnegie Hall.
2. Which city was the site of major activity in the Civil Rights Movement?
(c) New Orleans.
3. Out of those cases, how many did Hubert lose?
4. What was the cause of Lucius' death?
(a) Lung cancer.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Car accident.
5. Which sibling's son joined the service?
6. Which of the Delany children served in World War II?
7. What finally killed Julia's only child?
8. Bessie gave which of the following a "comeuppance" over the ordeal?
(d) Construction crew chief.
9. What was the name of Hap's wife?
10. Where did the controversy take place?
11. Hap's wife convinced the sisters to move to which area?
(c) White Plains.
12. What would the man do to prompt the child to eat?
(b) Read stories.
13. What was the name of the music teacher often visited by the sisters?
14. Hubert was active in which famous organization?
15. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Julia go to school?
2. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
3. What was the husband's occupation?
4. Despite the little boy's physical problems it was obvious that he possessed ______.
5. "Outliving the ____ Boys" details the end of the Jim Crow era.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)