|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first child to die?
2. Out of those cases, how many did Hubert lose?
3. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
(a) Favorite child.
(b) Spitting image.
(c) Little one.
4. What was the name of Bessie's boyfriend at the time?
5. What word is used that means the same as angry?
6. It was believed that Nanny was beginning to suffer from which of the following?
7. The sisters tell a story about a young boy who was trying to save the life of which type of bird?
8. Bessie gave which of the following a "comeuppance" over the ordeal?
(c) Construction crew chief.
9. According to the sisters, Nanny's judgment was often _____.
10. Where did Julia go to school?
(b) University of Pennsylvania.
(c) St. Benedict.
11. Which one of the following was a treat the sisters would make for the neighborhood children?
(d) Homemade potato chips.
12. The Delany in the service helped to build which famous road?
(a) Brenner Pass.
13. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
14. What type of fruit trees did the Delany sisters have in their yard?
15. Which famous writer was the only one to stay in Harlem after the Renaissance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the controversy take place?
2. Which sibling's son joined the service?
3. In what year did this event occur?
4. Which of the following entertainers is not mentioned in this part of the story?
5. Sadie touts the importance of all but which of the following:?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)