|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bessie objects to which of the following due to her age?
(c) Nursing homes.
2. Which of the other children was the same age as the little boy?
3. Hubert was active in which famous organization?
4. What word is used that means the same as angry?
5. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
6. What was the cause of Manross' death?
(a) Killed in war.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Heart attack.
7. What finally killed Julia's only child?
8. The Delany in the service helped to build which famous road?
(a) Brenner Pass.
9. Where did Julia go to school?
(a) University of Pennsylvania.
(d) St. Benedict.
10. What was the husband's occupation?
(b) Insurance salesman.
(d) Construction supervisor.
11. Which child died shortly before Nanny's death?
12. In what year did the stock market crash?
13. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
(a) Little one.
(b) Favorite child.
(c) Spitting image.
14. Which of the following groups was not represented in the projects?
15. Who built a house before the sisters moved to the area?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children died due to a hospital's negligence?
2. Which of the following entertainers is not mentioned in this part of the story?
3. Hubert was elected to serve in which government body?
4. Which famous writer was the only one to stay in Harlem after the Renaissance?
5. The sisters talk about shortages in various goods including which of the following?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)