|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Bessie when she retired?
2. The Delany in the service helped to build which famous road?
(d) Brenner Pass.
3. Where did the sisters live when their house was condemned by the government?
(d) Mount Vernon.
4. The Delanys had a great amount of compassion for all but which of the following groups?
5. Nanny had often referred to Sadie as her _____.
(a) Favorite child.
(b) Spitting image.
(d) Little one.
6. What kind of garden did the family plant?
7. Who was the first child to die?
8. Hubert was elected to serve in which government body?
(b) Supreme Court.
(c) District Court.
9. Part five talks about the revitalization of which New York neighborhood?
(c) Greenwhich Village.
10. Julia was proficient in playing which instrument?
11. Bessie gave which of the following a "comeuppance" over the ordeal?
(b) Construction crew chief.
12. What happened to the cottage in the end?
(b) It was torn down.
(c) It was moved across the street.
(d) It was deeded to Bessie and Sadie.
13. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
(a) Mount Vernon.
(c) St. Aug's.
14. The sisters tell a story about a young boy who was trying to save the life of which type of bird?
15. What was the term used to describe the child's condition?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the child when he died?
2. In what year did Bessie open her dental practice?
3. What was the cause of Manross' death?
4. Despite the little boy's physical problems it was obvious that he possessed ______.
5. Where did Julia go to school?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)