|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the woman's first name?
2. Which child died shortly before Nanny's death?
3. In what month did the event occur?
4. What was the name of the music teacher often visited by the sisters?
5. It was common for Bessie to shoo which group away from their street?
6. Manross was refused entry to a white family's home even though he had _____.
(a) Lent money to them.
(b) Saved their son's life.
(c) Recently become the mayor.
(d) Fixed their car.
7. How much money did Nanny receive in her pension check?
8. What was the name of the woman's young daughter?
9. What was the name of Hap's wife?
10. The sisters believed that _____ was the closest they would ever get to heaven on earth.
(a) Mount Vernon.
(c) St. Aug's.
11. Which man's assassination is not mentioned in this section?
(b) Medgar Evers.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Bobby Kennedy.
12. Julia was proficient in playing which instrument?
13. What was the cause of Lucius' death?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Heart attack.
(d) Car accident.
14. In what year did Hubert run for public office?
15. What was the cause of Manross' death?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Killed in war.
(d) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the child when he died?
2. What was the surname of the woman who sparked great controversy in the fight against segregation?
3. The family was worried when the nephew went from the family home in Harlem to boot camp in which Southern state?
4. Which of the Delany children served in World War II?
5. What kind of garden did the family plant?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)