|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
(a) The hills.
2. Bessie threw a fit when she realized that one of Sadie's other rooms was infested with which of the following?
3. What was the name of Sadie's first serious boyfriend?
4. Bessie says she intends to live to be how old?
5. What was the profession for Mr. Delany?
6. Nanny stood up to a woman for calling her ____, a common insult at the time.
(d) Slave child.
7. The women rarely used which of the following?
8. In which state did Henry's family live at this time?
(d) New Jersey.
9. The sisters often received visitors from people that wanted to _____ to the sisters.
(a) Be kind.
(b) Be argumentative.
10. The sisters felt that going to the doctor would benefit them little and that they would most likely be treated like a _____.
(a) Scientific experiment.
(b) Rare human specimen.
(c) Sideshow act.
11. Black students in which state were the first to break the laws regarding segregation in public schools?
12. Mr. Delany often told Bessie that she could catch more flies with ____ than with vinegar.
13. Sadie says that if Bessie gets her wish, she will have to live to be ____.
14. The reason for the refusal was that the members of the organization thought Sadie was ____.
(a) Double dipping.
(b) Working at a new job.
15. The writer was the daughter of which famous singer?
(a) Lena Horne.
(b) Ella Fitzgerald.
(c) Sarah Vaughn.
(d) Billie Holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Delany went to which school?
2. Sadie ended up teaching all over which North Carolina county?
3. After Sadie graduated from St. Aug's, Henry told her that she owed it to her ______ to go on to get a higher education.
4. Henry believed that the epidemic was caused by which of the following?
5. In what year did Henry and Nanny get married?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)