|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
2. Which famous activist often visited Raleigh?
3. Mr. Delany often told Bessie that she could catch more flies with ____ than with vinegar.
4. Which famous case was responsible for the introduction of the laws?
(a) Roe v. Wade.
(b) Brown v. The Board of Education.
(c) Delany v. North Carolina.
(d) Plessy v. Ferguson.
5. Black students in which state were the first to break the laws regarding segregation in public schools?
6. Which one of the following was a main goal of the Jim Crow laws?
(a) Land ownership.
(b) Public speaking.
(c) Higher taxes.
(d) Right to vote.
7. Bessie refers to which saint?
8. The sisters absolutely refuse to have a ____.
9. Where did the sisters live?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Mount Vernon.
(d) Boca Raton.
10. Bessie talks about her little sister Julia and her fear of which of the following:
11. In what month was Sadie born?
12. Bessie jokes about arriving at which place?
(a) Pearly Gates.
(c) The White House.
(d) The homestead.
13. Sadie had to argue with which organization to receive money owed to her?
(b) Social Security.
(c) Board of Education.
(d) Parents' bank.
14. The sisters think that many men may have been put off by their _____.
15. What was the name of the sisters' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Delanys call racist white men?
2. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
3. What word is best used to describe Bessie?
4. How many of the children went to college?
5. After Sadie graduated from St. Aug's, Henry told her that she owed it to her ______ to go on to get a higher education.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)