|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bessie's profession?
2. Approximately how old was Mr. Delany when he was offered the chance to go to college?
3. Nanny came from which state?
(a) North Carolina.
4. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
5. What word did people use to describe Bessie as a child?
6. Delany went to which school?
(a) Southern Methodist University.
(b) St. Augustine's.
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) Howard University.
7. The sisters think that many men may have been put off by their _____.
8. How long had the sisters lived in that area?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 55 years.
(c) 80 years.
(d) 75 years.
9. Sadie says that Bessie has great _____ but does not use it.
(b) Teaching ability.
(c) Decorating technique.
(d) Singing skill.
10. In what year did Henry and Nanny get married?
11. According to the book, the Delanys were referred to as being at the top of black ______.
12. What is Sadie's real first name?
13. Bessie believes that many people see her as being _____.
14. What was the name of Sadie's first serious boyfriend?
15. What was the name of Nanny's midwife?
(a) Mrs. Humbert.
(b) Miss Frederick.
(c) Mrs. Robertson.
(d) Miss Kenney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bessie's real first name?
2. Sadie ended up teaching all over which North Carolina county?
3. What was the name of the sisters' father?
4. Bessie jokes about arriving at which place?
5. Which famous activist often visited Raleigh?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)