|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mr. Delany when he was freed from slavery?
2. Sadie ended up teaching all over which North Carolina county?
3. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
4. Sadie says the hardest thing about being old is that she no longer has many ______.
5. Neither sister had ever _____.
(a) Learned to read.
(c) Moved away from home.
(d) Gone to school.
6. The event that caused the start of the Jim Crow era involved a man from which state?
(c) North Carolina.
7. What word is best used to describe Bessie?
8. What caused the injury?
(a) Accidental fall.
(b) Schoolyard brawl.
9. Although the sisters can be very different, they are _____.
10. The sisters absolutely refuse to have a ____.
11. How many Delany children were there in total?
12. Mr. Delany often told Bessie that she could catch more flies with ____ than with vinegar.
13. How old is Sadie?
14. In what year was Sadie born?
15. The reason for the refusal was that the members of the organization thought Sadie was ____.
(b) Working at a new job.
(d) Double dipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the child attend school?
2. According to the book, the Delanys were referred to as being at the top of black ______.
3. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
4. Bessie ended up staying in the hospital for how many weeks?
5. The sisters think that many men may have been put off by their _____.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)