|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While traveling, Sadie often stayed at the ____ house, located three miles outside Raleigh.
2. Nanny's family lived in a town that had the same name as which animal?
3. The reason for the refusal was that the members of the organization thought Sadie was ____.
(c) Double dipping.
(d) Working at a new job.
4. The women rarely used which of the following?
5. How many Delany children were there in total?
6. What was the name of Sadie's first serious boyfriend?
7. When someone makes a statement and is proven to be wrong, it is often said that the person has to eat ____.
(a) Pig's feet.
8. What city did the Delanys refer to as their hometown?
(d) New York.
9. How long had the sisters lived in that area?
(a) 75 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 80 years.
(d) 55 years.
10. In what year did Henry and Nanny get married?
11. The sisters felt that going to the doctor would benefit them little and that they would most likely be treated like a _____.
(a) Sideshow act.
(b) Scientific experiment.
(c) Rare human specimen.
12. Bessie talks about her little sister Julia and her fear of which of the following:
13. What was the writer's first name?
14. Which of the professions is not mentioned by Bessie when she talks about blacks being the backbone of the country?
15. Which famous activist often visited Raleigh?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sadie?
2. Sadie says that Bessie has great _____ but does not use it.
3. Where was Henry Delany born?
4. Bessie refers to which saint?
5. What was the name of the small town where the house was located?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)