|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delany went to which school?
(a) St. Augustine's.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) Howard University.
(d) Southern Methodist University.
2. In which state was this town located?
(b) West Virginia.
3. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
4. Although the sisters can be very different, they are _____.
5. What city did the Delanys refer to as their hometown?
(b) New York.
6. The sisters often received visitors from people that wanted to _____ to the sisters.
(b) Be kind.
(c) Be argumentative.
7. What was the name of Sadie's first serious boyfriend?
8. In which state did Henry's family live at this time?
(c) New Jersey.
9. Black students in which state were the first to break the laws regarding segregation in public schools?
10. Which famous case was responsible for the introduction of the laws?
(a) Roe v. Wade.
(b) Brown v. The Board of Education.
(c) Plessy v. Ferguson.
(d) Delany v. North Carolina.
11. In what month was Sadie born?
12. Where was Henry Delany born?
13. Nanny stood up to a woman for calling her ____, a common insult at the time.
(c) Slave child.
14. What is the term used when one's parent is free, albeit with black ancestry?
15. Which of the children sustained a major injury to the hand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Delanys call racist white men?
2. While traveling, Sadie often stayed at the ____ house, located three miles outside Raleigh.
3. Sadie says the hardest thing about being old is that she no longer has many ______.
4. Grandpa Miliam once told Nanny that every one of her children could have been a:
5. How old is Sadie?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)