|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did people use to describe Bessie as a child?
2. In which state was this town located?
(c) West Virginia.
3. How many Delany children were there in total?
4. Which of the children sustained a major injury to the hand?
5. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
6. Neither sister had ever _____.
(a) Learned to read.
(b) Moved away from home.
(d) Gone to school.
7. When someone makes a statement and is proven to be wrong, it is often said that the person has to eat ____.
(c) Pig's feet.
8. Delany went to which school?
(a) Southern Methodist University.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) St. Augustine's.
(d) Howard University.
9. Sadie says that if Bessie gets her wish, she will have to live to be ____.
10. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
(a) The hills.
11. Nanny stood up to a woman for calling her ____, a common insult at the time.
(a) Slave child.
12. What was Bessie's profession?
13. Bessie believes that many people see her as being _____.
14. What was the name of the town where Nanny's sister lived?
(a) Harper's Ferry.
(b) Brown Mountain.
(c) Port Royal.
(d) Lynch's Station.
15. In what year did Henry and Nanny get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sisters felt that going to the doctor would benefit them little and that they would most likely be treated like a _____.
2. Bessie threw a fit when she realized that one of Sadie's other rooms was infested with which of the following?
3. The event that caused the start of the Jim Crow era involved a man from which state?
4. Black students in which state were the first to break the laws regarding segregation in public schools?
5. Bessie jokes that not being married meant that she would not be ____ to death.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)