|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Bessie's pet pig?
2. What is Bessie's real first name?
3. Nanny's family lived in a town that had the same name as which animal?
4. Sadie had to argue with which organization to receive money owed to her?
(a) Social Security.
(b) Board of Education.
(d) Parents' bank.
5. Sadie says that if Bessie gets her wish, she will have to live to be ____.
6. Bessie jokes about arriving at which place?
(a) The homestead.
(b) Pearly Gates.
(d) The White House.
7. The event that caused the start of the Jim Crow era involved a man from which state?
(a) North Carolina.
8. Bessie refers to which saint?
9. What is the name of Nanny's sister?
10. Sadie says that Bessie has great _____ but does not use it.
(a) Singing skill.
(b) Decorating technique.
(d) Teaching ability.
11. Sadie says the hardest thing about being old is that she no longer has many ______.
12. Henry believed that the epidemic was caused by which of the following?
(a) Poor hygiene.
(b) Lack of sanitary conditions.
(c) Contaminated water.
(d) Spoiled food.
13. What was the surname of the author that wrote about the Delanys?
14. The reason for the refusal was that the members of the organization thought Sadie was ____.
(a) Double dipping.
(d) Working at a new job.
15. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
(b) The hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the children went to college?
2. What caused the injury?
3. Bessie threw a fit when she realized that one of Sadie's other rooms was infested with which of the following?
4. While traveling, Sadie often stayed at the ____ house, located three miles outside Raleigh.
5. What is Sadie's real first name?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)