|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the sisters' father?
2. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
3. Jim Crow laws were put into effect in which year?
4. Where did the child attend school?
(b) Shaw University.
(d) University of North Carolina.
5. What city did the Delanys refer to as their hometown?
(a) New York.
6. Delany was required to convert to which faith?
7. What food item did the girl give to Bessie?
(a) Ice cream.
(d) Mashed potatoes.
8. In what year did Sadie graduate from St. Augustine's school?
9. What caused the injury?
(a) Accidental fall.
(c) Schoolyard brawl.
10. What is a more common name for a "bull-bat?"
(d) Fruit bat.
11. In what month was Sadie born?
12. What is Bessie's real first name?
13. In what year was the book written?
14. Where was Henry Delany born?
15. Nanny stood up to a woman for calling her ____, a common insult at the time.
(b) Slave child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandpa Miliam once told Nanny that every one of her children could have been a:
2. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
3. According to the book, the Delanys were referred to as being at the top of black ______.
4. In what state were the Delanys raised?
5. Bessie threw a fit when she realized that one of Sadie's other rooms was infested with which of the following?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)