|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sadie says that Bessie has great _____ but does not use it.
(a) Singing skill.
(b) Teaching ability.
(c) Decorating technique.
2. Bessie ended up staying in the hospital for how many weeks?
3. Bessie threw a fit when she realized that one of Sadie's other rooms was infested with which of the following?
4. The reason for the refusal was that the members of the organization thought Sadie was ____.
(a) Double dipping.
(b) Working at a new job.
5. Mr. Delany often told Bessie that she could catch more flies with ____ than with vinegar.
6. What is Sadie's real first name?
7. Sadie had to argue with which organization to receive money owed to her?
(a) Parents' bank.
(c) Social Security.
(d) Board of Education.
8. What did the Delanys call racist white men?
9. What is Bessie's real first name?
10. Bessie says she would treat her pet ____ better than she was treated by many white people.
11. After Sadie graduated from St. Aug's, Henry told her that she owed it to her ______ to go on to get a higher education.
(c) Future students.
12. In which state did Henry's family live at this time?
(b) New Jersey.
13. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
14. Which of the following adjectives was often used by the neighbors to describe the sisters?
15. How old is Sadie?
Short Answer Questions
1. The owner of the house did all but which of the following jobs?
2. The sisters often received visitors from people that wanted to _____ to the sisters.
3. Which of the children sustained a major injury to the hand?
4. Where did the child attend school?
5. Bessie believes that many people see her as being _____.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)