|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reason for the refusal was that the members of the organization thought Sadie was ____.
(a) Double dipping.
(b) Working at a new job.
2. What was the profession for Mr. Delany?
3. What word did people use to describe Bessie as a child?
4. In what year was the book written?
5. How many of the children went to college?
6. Sadie ended up teaching all over which North Carolina county?
7. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
8. What is Sadie's real first name?
9. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
(a) The hills.
10. What is the word used that means those who tend to say negative things about others?
11. Bessie ended up staying in the hospital for how many weeks?
12. While traveling, Sadie often stayed at the ____ house, located three miles outside Raleigh.
13. In what year did the Jim Crow laws take effect on a federal level?
14. Sadie says that Bessie has great _____ but does not use it.
(a) Singing skill.
(b) Teaching ability.
(d) Decorating technique.
15. What caused the injury?
(a) Schoolyard brawl.
(b) Accidental fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state did Henry's family live at this time?
2. Bessie jokes about arriving at which place?
3. Sadie had to argue with which organization to receive money owed to her?
4. How old was Bessie when she left home by herself for the first time?
5. How old is Bessie?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)