|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The event that caused the start of the Jim Crow era involved a man from which state?
(d) North Carolina.
2. Which famous case was responsible for the introduction of the laws?
(a) Roe v. Wade.
(b) Plessy v. Ferguson.
(c) Delany v. North Carolina.
(d) Brown v. The Board of Education.
3. Bessie threw a fit when she realized that one of Sadie's other rooms was infested with which of the following?
4. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
5. The incident encouraged the child to pursue a career as a _____.
6. Black students in which state were the first to break the laws regarding segregation in public schools?
7. Mr. Delany often told Bessie that she could catch more flies with ____ than with vinegar.
8. The owner of the house did all but which of the following jobs?
(c) Country store owner.
9. Which famous activist often visited Raleigh?
10. What city did the Delanys refer to as their hometown?
(a) New York.
11. What was the name of the sisters' father?
12. The reason for the refusal was that the members of the organization thought Sadie was ____.
(b) Double dipping.
(d) Working at a new job.
13. When Bessie was about 15, the region was struck with a _____ epidemic.
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
14. Which of the professions is not mentioned by Bessie when she talks about blacks being the backbone of the country?
15. What caused the injury?
(b) Accidental fall.
(c) Schoolyard brawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state was this town located?
2. In what month was Sadie born?
3. What was the name of Nanny's midwife?
4. How many of the children went to college?
5. What was the name of Bessie's pet pig?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)