|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bessie threw a fit when she realized that one of Sadie's other rooms was infested with which of the following?
2. The incident encouraged the child to pursue a career as a _____.
3. Bessie says she intends to live to be how old?
4. In what year did the Jim Crow laws take effect on a federal level?
5. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
6. Which of the professions is not mentioned by Bessie when she talks about blacks being the backbone of the country?
7. In what year was the book written?
8. What did the Delanys call racist white men?
9. Bessie jokes that not being married meant that she would not be ____ to death.
10. Bessie ended up staying in the hospital for how many weeks?
11. After Sadie graduated from St. Aug's, Henry told her that she owed it to her ______ to go on to get a higher education.
(a) Future students.
12. The sisters often received visitors from people that wanted to _____ to the sisters.
(b) Be kind.
(c) Be argumentative.
13. What word is best used to describe Bessie?
14. Where was Henry Delany born?
15. Sadie says that Bessie has great _____ but does not use it.
(a) Teaching ability.
(c) Singing skill.
(d) Decorating technique.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women rarely used which of the following?
2. Which famous case was responsible for the introduction of the laws?
3. What is the term used when one's parent is free, albeit with black ancestry?
4. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
5. How old is Sadie?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)