|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandpa Miliam once told Nanny that every one of her children could have been a:
(d) Snake oil salesman.
2. In what year was the book written?
3. The women rarely used which of the following?
4. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
5. While traveling, Sadie often stayed at the ____ house, located three miles outside Raleigh.
6. Approximately how old was Mr. Delany when he was offered the chance to go to college?
7. The sisters felt that going to the doctor would benefit them little and that they would most likely be treated like a _____.
(a) Sideshow act.
(c) Scientific experiment.
(d) Rare human specimen.
8. In what month was Sadie born?
9. The sisters often received visitors from people that wanted to _____ to the sisters.
(a) Be kind.
(b) Be argumentative.
10. Which famous activist often visited Raleigh?
11. What was the surname of the author that wrote about the Delanys?
12. What did the Delanys call racist white men?
13. What was the profession for Mr. Delany?
14. What is the term used when one's parent is free, albeit with black ancestry?
15. In what year was Sadie born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Nanny's midwife?
2. Bessie talks about her little sister Julia and her fear of which of the following:
3. Sadie says the hardest thing about being old is that she no longer has many ______.
4. Henry believed that the epidemic was caused by which of the following?
5. Sadie says that Bessie has great _____ but does not use it.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)