|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the injury?
(a) Accidental fall.
(c) Schoolyard brawl.
2. What was the name of the sisters' father?
3. In what year did the Jim Crow laws take effect on a federal level?
4. Bessie refers to which saint?
5. The sisters absolutely refuse to have a ____.
6. Delany went to which school?
(a) Howard University.
(b) St. Augustine's.
(c) Southern Methodist University.
(d) Notre Dame.
7. What is a more common name for a "bull-bat?"
(a) Fruit bat.
8. What was the profession for Mr. Delany?
9. When Bessie was about 15, the region was struck with a _____ epidemic.
(a) Chicken pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
10. How old was Bessie when she left home by herself for the first time?
11. Which of the following adjectives was often used by the neighbors to describe the sisters?
12. How old was Mr. Delany when he was freed from slavery?
13. In what year did Sadie graduate from St. Augustine's school?
14. What city did the Delanys refer to as their hometown?
(b) New York.
15. What was the name of Sadie's first serious boyfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bessie threw a fit when she realized that one of Sadie's other rooms was infested with which of the following?
2. What is the term used when one's parent is free, albeit with black ancestry?
3. Which of the following was not mentioned as one of the other diseases to strike St. Aug's school?
4. Delany was required to convert to which faith?
5. What was Bessie's profession?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)