|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
2. How old was Mr. Delany when he was freed from slavery?
3. How old is Bessie?
4. Sadie says that if Bessie gets her wish, she will have to live to be ____.
5. In what year did Henry and Nanny get married?
6. Neither sister had ever _____.
(a) Learned to read.
(b) Moved away from home.
(c) Gone to school.
7. In which state was this town located?
(a) West Virginia.
8. The sisters felt that going to the doctor would benefit them little and that they would most likely be treated like a _____.
(a) Sideshow act.
(b) Scientific experiment.
(d) Rare human specimen.
9. Bessie jokes about arriving at which place?
(b) The White House.
(c) The homestead.
(d) Pearly Gates.
10. How old is Sadie?
11. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
(b) The hills.
12. How many Delany children were there in total?
13. What is the term used when one's parent is free, albeit with black ancestry?
14. What was the writer's first name?
15. What is the name of Nanny's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. The women rarely used which of the following?
2. The sisters often received visitors from people that wanted to _____ to the sisters.
3. What city did the Delanys refer to as their hometown?
4. Bessie refers to which saint?
5. Nanny's family lived in a town that had the same name as which animal?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)