|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the book written?
2. Sadie ended up teaching all over which North Carolina county?
3. Delany went to which school?
(a) St. Augustine's.
(b) Howard University.
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) Southern Methodist University.
4. Nanny stood up to a woman for calling her ____, a common insult at the time.
(b) Slave child.
5. Grandpa Miliam once told Nanny that every one of her children could have been a:
(a) Snake oil salesman.
6. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
(d) The hills.
7. When Bessie was about 15, the region was struck with a _____ epidemic.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
8. What is a more common name for a "bull-bat?"
(b) Fruit bat.
9. While traveling, Sadie often stayed at the ____ house, located three miles outside Raleigh.
10. How many of the children went to college?
11. What was the surname of the author that wrote about the Delanys?
12. The sisters absolutely refuse to have a ____.
13. How many Delany children were there in total?
14. Which famous activist often visited Raleigh?
15. What was Bessie's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Bessie?
2. What was the name of Nanny's midwife?
3. What was Sadie's profession?
4. It is widely believed that the Jim Crow laws were responsible for introducing which of the following?
5. Bessie talks about her little sister Julia and her fear of which of the following:
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)