|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the small town where the house was located?
2. How many of the children went to college?
3. The sisters felt that going to the doctor would benefit them little and that they would most likely be treated like a _____.
(b) Rare human specimen.
(c) Sideshow act.
(d) Scientific experiment.
4. Jim Crow laws were put into effect in which year?
5. Grandpa Miliam once told Nanny that every one of her children could have been a:
(a) Snake oil salesman.
6. What was the name of Nanny's midwife?
(a) Miss Frederick.
(b) Mrs. Humbert.
(c) Miss Kenney.
(d) Mrs. Robertson.
7. When Bessie was about 15, the region was struck with a _____ epidemic.
(a) Chicken pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
8. The owner of the house did all but which of the following jobs?
(d) Country store owner.
9. What is the term used when one's parent is free, albeit with black ancestry?
10. Bessie talks about her little sister Julia and her fear of which of the following:
11. Bessie says she would treat her pet ____ better than she was treated by many white people.
12. In what year was the book written?
13. What is Sadie's real first name?
14. Sadie says that if Bessie gets her wish, she will have to live to be ____.
15. Which of the professions is not mentioned by Bessie when she talks about blacks being the backbone of the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sisters often received visitors from people that wanted to _____ to the sisters.
2. The writer was the daughter of which famous singer?
3. Delany was required to convert to which faith?
4. What was Bessie's profession?
5. Bessie says she intends to live to be how old?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)