|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the town where Nanny's sister lived?
(a) Brown Mountain.
(b) Harper's Ferry.
(c) Lynch's Station.
(d) Port Royal.
2. What is Bessie's real first name?
3. What word is best used to describe Bessie?
4. Nanny's family lived in a town that had the same name as which animal?
5. What is Sadie's real first name?
6. In what state were the Delanys raised?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
7. When someone makes a statement and is proven to be wrong, it is often said that the person has to eat ____.
(a) Pig's feet.
8. Which of the professions is not mentioned by Bessie when she talks about blacks being the backbone of the country?
9. How long had the sisters lived in that area?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 75 years.
(d) 55 years.
10. Delany went to which school?
(a) St. Augustine's.
(b) Howard University.
(c) Southern Methodist University.
(d) Notre Dame.
11. Which of the following was not mentioned as one of the other diseases to strike St. Aug's school?
(d) Rheumatic fever.
12. In what year was Sadie born?
13. In what year did Henry become a bishop?
14. Black students in which state were the first to break the laws regarding segregation in public schools?
15. In what year did the Jim Crow laws take effect on a federal level?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
2. Although the sisters can be very different, they are _____.
3. The sisters think that many men may have been put off by their _____.
4. Bessie refers to which saint?
5. What is the word used that means those who tend to say negative things about others?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)