|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bessie jokes that not being married meant that she would not be ____ to death.
2. It is widely believed that the Jim Crow laws were responsible for introducing which of the following?
(a) Civil Rights Movement.
3. Sadie had to argue with which organization to receive money owed to her?
(a) Board of Education.
(c) Social Security.
(d) Parents' bank.
4. What was the name of the little girl in the next bed?
5. What is the name of Nanny's sister?
6. What caused the injury?
(a) Accidental fall.
(d) Schoolyard brawl.
7. What was the writer's first name?
8. Delany went to which school?
(a) Howard University.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) St. Augustine's.
(d) Southern Methodist University.
9. Black students in which state were the first to break the laws regarding segregation in public schools?
10. Where was Henry Delany born?
11. What was Bessie's profession?
12. What food item did the girl give to Bessie?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(b) Ice cream.
13. What was the name of Sadie's first serious boyfriend?
14. In what year was the book written?
15. What word is best used to describe Bessie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sadie's profession?
2. The writer was the daughter of which famous singer?
3. Bessie believes that many people see her as being _____.
4. How old was Bessie when she left home by herself for the first time?
5. The sisters think that many men may have been put off by their _____.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)