|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Sadie graduate from St. Augustine's school?
2. The sisters felt that going to the doctor would benefit them little and that they would most likely be treated like a _____.
(a) Scientific experiment.
(c) Rare human specimen.
(d) Sideshow act.
3. What was the name of the small town where the house was located?
4. Bessie ended up staying in the hospital for how many weeks?
5. What was the name of the sisters' father?
6. According to the book, the Delanys were referred to as being at the top of black ______.
7. The sisters think that many men may have been put off by their _____.
8. How old is Sadie?
9. What city did the Delanys refer to as their hometown?
(d) New York.
10. What is a more common name for a "bull-bat?"
(b) Fruit bat.
11. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
(b) The hills.
12. The women rarely used which of the following?
13. Bessie jokes about arriving at which place?
(a) The White House.
(b) Pearly Gates.
(c) The homestead.
14. What caused the injury?
(a) Schoolyard brawl.
(c) Accidental fall.
15. What was the name of Sadie's first serious boyfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sadie ended up teaching all over which North Carolina county?
2. Bessie refers to which saint?
3. In which state did Henry's family live at this time?
4. Nanny stood up to a woman for calling her ____, a common insult at the time.
5. What is the term used when one's parent is free, albeit with black ancestry?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)