|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state were the Delanys raised?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
2. In what year did Sadie graduate from St. Augustine's school?
3. How old is Sadie?
4. The incident encouraged the child to pursue a career as a _____.
5. What was the name of Sadie's first serious boyfriend?
6. How old is Bessie?
7. What was the profession for Mr. Delany?
8. Henry believed that the epidemic was caused by which of the following?
(a) Lack of sanitary conditions.
(b) Poor hygiene.
(c) Spoiled food.
(d) Contaminated water.
9. What is a more common name for a "bull-bat?"
(a) Fruit bat.
10. In what year was the book written?
11. In what year was Sadie born?
12. Which famous case was responsible for the introduction of the laws?
(a) Brown v. The Board of Education.
(b) Plessy v. Ferguson.
(c) Roe v. Wade.
(d) Delany v. North Carolina.
13. Nanny stood up to a woman for calling her ____, a common insult at the time.
(d) Slave child.
14. How long had the sisters lived in that area?
(a) 55 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 75 years.
(d) 80 years.
15. If fulfilled, this wish would make Bessie as old as _____.
(a) The hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state did Henry's family live at this time?
2. Delany went to which school?
3. Which of the following was not mentioned as one of the other diseases to strike St. Aug's school?
4. What was Sadie's profession?
5. Sadie says the hardest thing about being old is that she no longer has many ______.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)