Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Parts 1-2
1. What does the author say about Sadie and Bessie in regards to their age and view of history?
2. Discuss the age and relationship between the two sisters.
3. What was different about the Delany family compared to other black families in the South?
4. Henry Beard Delany was born a slave on a Georgia plantation. Examine the Delanys' role in the household. When was Henry freed?
5. Examine Henry's offer to go to college. When did it occur? What concessions would Henry have to make?
This section contains 970 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)