• Sadie and Bessie Delany are both over 100 years old.
• Sadie was the older sister.
• The Delany family was a prominent force in the community despite race issues.
• Henry Delany is introduced.
• Delany was a slave until age 7.
• Delany converted to the Episcopal Church to obtain a scholarship to college.
• Delany went to St. Augustine's School.
• The family gained prominence over the years but not everyone was a fan.
• Many lower class black families objected to the family's behavior and status.
• As the book begins, Sadie is 103 years old; Bessie is 101 years old.
• The sisters live together in a house and take care of themselves despite their advanced age.
• Neither sister ever married.
• The sisters joke that they lived so long because the men were scared away by their intelligence.
• The sisters' personalities are compared.
• The sisters' lifestyle is reviewed.
• Henry Delany was freed from...
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)