* Sadie and Bessie Delany are both over 100 years old.
* Sadie was the older sister.
* The Delany family was a prominent force in the community despite race issues.
* Henry Delany is introduced.
* Delany was a slave until age 7.
* Delany converted to the Episcopal Church to obtain a scholarship to college.
* Delany went to St. Augustine's School.
* The family gained prominence over the years but not everyone was a fan.
* Many lower class black families objected to the family's behavior and status.
* As the book begins, Sadie is 103 years old; Bessie is 101 years old.
* The sisters live together in a house and take care of themselves despite their advanced age.
* Neither sister ever married.
* The sisters joke that they lived so long because the men were scared away by their intelligence.
* The sisters' personalities are compared.
* The sisters' lifestyle is reviewed.
* Henry Delany was freed from...
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)