|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides directions to Hill House?
(c) Dr. Montague
2. What is Eleanor's impression of the waitress at the diner in Hillsdale?
(a) She is a threat to Eleanor's hopes of finding a boyfriend.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She is unfriendly, especially when Hill House is mentioned.
(d) She is open and eager to talk about Hill House.
3. How many responses does Dr. Montague get to his letter searching for possible assistants?
4. What kind of cup does Eleanor hear a little girl cry over?
(a) A cup with bears on it
(b) A cup of stars
(c) A cup of moons
(d) A pink cup
5. What words come to Eleanor's mind when she sees Hill House?
(a) Ugly and old
(b) Vile and diseased
(c) Happy and decorative
(d) Large and attractive
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor think would infuriate her mother?
2. How does Theo react to Luke?
3. Who leaves the house at six every night?
4. What does Eleanor dislike her sister for?
5. How does Theo insist she and Eleanor should dress?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)