|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo accuse Eleanor of doing?
(a) Trying to draw attention to herself by becoming hysterical at the sight of the words.
(b) Erasing the words before they could document them.
(c) Paying Luke to write the words to frighten everyone.
(d) Writing the words herself.
2. Who was accused of breaking into the house at night and stealing things?
(a) The younger Crain sister.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) The older sister.
(d) The young companion.
3. How did Hugh Crain's first wife die?
(a) She fell from the tower at Hill House.
(b) Her carriage overturned while making a turn in the driveway at Hill House.
(c) She had a heart attack the first time she saw Hill House.
(d) She died of tuberculosis.
4. Who lived in Hill House after Hugh Crain's death?
(a) His youngest daughter and her husband
(b) His eldest daughter and a young companion
(c) His son and his family
(d) His widow and her new husband
5. What nickname does Theo use with Eleanor?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Luke claim he has a passion?
2. Who treats Luke like a servant?
3. What does Luke find?
4. How long have the Dudleys worked at Hill House?
5. How many wives of Hugh Crain died at Hill House?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)