Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hattie see with Leafie?
2. What gives Hattie warning that someone is approaching?
3. What is Richey going to pick up for Karl?
4. What does Traft say the person he is harassing must do to demonstrate loyalty to the United States?
5. What does Hattie have Chase doing?
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in "Hattie Big Sky"? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in "Hattie Big Sky" including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from "Hattie Big Sky" and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think "Hattie Big Sky" is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 3
There are a number of interesting questions raised by teen historical fiction--questions that Larson may wish readers to consider and think through carefully. Discuss the following:
1. What does the term "author agenda" mean?
2. Name one idea/concept you think may have been a part of the Larson's agenda. Analyze that idea throughout the book and discuss Larson's probable agenda concerning that idea.
2. Do you think writers who have an agenda for writing should point it out in a preface?
3. How often do you think fiction is written with a clear agenda in mind by the author?
4. Research the life of Larson and see if/where her life may have influenced her writing.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)