|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fifteen starts in Charlie's last letter indicate?
(a) Charlie lost fifteen more friends.
(b) Hattie is not sure what that means.
(c) Charlie has fifteen days left in his enlistment.
(d) Charlie will be coming home on the 15th of September.
2. Where does Leafie invite Hattie?
(a) A birthing at Maud Fen's home.
(b) To a parade down the mainstreet of Vida.
(c) To observe a litter of puppies being born.
(d) A parade at Wolf Point.
3. Where was Charlie's friend standing when the man was killed?
(a) About twenty yards away.
(b) Within a couple feet.
(c) Charlie does not say.
(d) Several hundred yards.
4. What does Hattie realize about Traft that softens her attitude towards him momentarily?
(a) That he is probably going to die young.
(b) That he is not very bright.
(c) That his mother rules over him.
(d) That he does care about Hattie.
5. What store does Hattie stop at in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes preparing a meal difficult for Hattie?
2. What game is played on Independence Day?
3. What has to be done for Charlotte?
4. What does Rooster Jim have when he comes towards Hattie?
5. Why does Hattie spend a great deal of time with Perilee these days?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)