|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes preparing a meal difficult for Hattie?
(a) The lack of cooking oil.
(b) The heat.
(c) Her best frying pan has warped badly in the heat.
(d) The lack of firewood.
2. Why does Rooster Jim land in a hay bale?
(a) He cannot control his bike.
(b) The horse throws him into it.
(c) The cow pushes him into it.
(d) He trips on a boulder.
3. Who does Hattie encounter after talking to Mr. Nefzger?
4. Who is running errands for Karl?
5. What does Hattie insist is hers to do when she is talking with Trask?
(a) Decide how to run the fencing.
(b) Decide when to harvest.
(c) Making mistakes.
(d) Decide what to plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hattie send Karl and Chase to her house?
2. How does Mr. Ebgard get around the age requirements for a claim?
3. What does Perilee promise that she is unable to keep?
4. Who does not attend the Independence Day picnic?
5. How does Hattie help the person being harassed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins on September 12th, and who will it encompass?
2. How does Rooster Jim end up on top of a hay bale?
3. What do Rooster Jim and Hattie say about how the war is costing them?
4. How does Traft explain the fact that he has not yet been drafted into the military?
5. What does Traft have to say as he stops by and waters his horse?
6. What happens to Elmer Ren while Hattie and Leafie are visiting?
7. What happens when Hattie goes to visit Perilee?
8. What do they have to do with the new baby since she is premature?
9. What has Perilee asked of Karl concerning the harassment of them because Karl is German?
10. How does Elmer Junior intervene for his father and what is the result?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)