|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Hattie threatened when she voices her concern about a pledge?
(a) Her name being published in the local newspaper.
(b) Her homestead approval being turned down.
(c) A trip in front of the judge to review her patriotism.
(d) Her bank account being seized.
2. Why does Karl come over to Hattie's home late one night?
(a) To ask her to move in with Perilee when he is drafted.
(b) To tell Hattie the baby is coming.
(c) To fix her hen house when coyotes break into it.
(d) Looking for Leafie.
3. What makes preparing a meal difficult for Hattie?
(a) The lack of cooking oil.
(b) The heat.
(c) Her best frying pan has warped badly in the heat.
(d) The lack of firewood.
4. What kind of tea does Leafie mix to fight the flu?
(a) Oolong tea.
(b) Green tea.
(c) Sagebrush tea.
(d) Flax tea.
5. What does a letter from Charlie reveal?
(a) The death of a comrade.
(b) That he is in the hospital as a result of a war wound.
(c) That he is on his way to Montana.
(d) That his unit is returning to New York in a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elmer Junior chase Deputy Patton?
2. Who does Leafie say she'll talk to on Elmer's behalf?
3. What does President Wilson want on September 12?
4. Who visits Hattie the morning after she learns of the flu epidemic?
5. Where is Elmer Ren?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)