|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tea does Leafie mix to fight the flu?
(a) Green tea.
(b) Sagebrush tea.
(c) Flax tea.
(d) Oolong tea.
2. Why has Hattie been taking her mattress outside at night at home?
(a) To try to get rid of the bedbugs.
(b) To escape the heat inside.
(c) To replace the floor boards that are rotten.
(d) To get rid of some mice in the mattress.
3. What day has been declared National War Savings Day?
(a) November 11.
(b) August 12.
(c) January 1.
(d) June 28th.
4. Who is Charlotte?
(a) Leafie's apprentice.
(b) Traft Martin's new wife.
(c) Rooster Jim's new wife.
(d) The new baby.
5. What does Mr. Nefzger give Hattie?
(a) A credit slip.
(b) A puppy.
(c) An IOU.
(d) A pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Hattie the morning after she learns of the flu epidemic?
2. What gives Hattie warning that someone is approaching?
3. Who is running errands for Karl?
4. Why does Hattie spend a great deal of time with Perilee these days?
5. Why does Hattie go through Chester's trunk again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elmer Junior intervene for his father and what is the result?
2. What does Charlie write to Hattie in a somber letter?
3. What does Traft have to say as he stops by and waters his horse?
4. What has Hattie been doing at night to fight the heat?
5. How does Traft explain the fact that he has not yet been drafted into the military?
6. What has Perilee asked of Karl concerning the harassment of them because Karl is German?
7. What does Hattie's next installment describe?
8. What begins on September 12th, and who will it encompass?
9. What happens to Hattie that Traft helps her?
10. What happens to Elmer Ren while Hattie and Leafie are visiting?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)