|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day has been declared National War Savings Day?
(a) August 12.
(b) January 1.
(c) June 28th.
(d) November 11.
2. Who does Leafie and Hattie call upon one day?
(a) Traft Martin.
(b) The Ren family.
(c) The Mueller family.
(d) Reverend Tweed.
3. What does Hattie see with Leafie?
(a) The new style of bicycles.
(b) A homeless goat.
(c) The newest in automobiles.
(d) A military tank.
4. What does Traft make a point of mentioning to Hattie as he waters his horse?
(a) That he apologized to Mr. Ebgard.
(b) His mother's plans for this area of Montana.
(c) His draft deferment has been vacated.
(d) The poor harvests all around.
5. What game is played on Independence Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "doctor" in the area?
2. What does Hattie manage to do despite her fears?
3. What kind of tea does Leafie mix to fight the flu?
4. What does Hattie think about in relation to Elmer's situation?
5. What sound breaks into Hattie's thoughts as she is walking home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Karl come to Hattie's late one night, and what does Hattie do?
2. Who comes to help Hattie with the threshing and how does Chase contribute?
3. What are Hattie and Perilee working on as Perilee waits to deliver her baby, and what does Perilee promise?
4. What do Rooster Jim and Hattie say about how the war is costing them?
5. What happens to Hattie that Traft helps her?
6. What does Traft have to say as he stops by and waters his horse?
7. How does Hattie have to go into more debt because of the savings stamp drive?
8. What do they have to do with the new baby since she is premature?
9. What new debt does Hattie learn of when she visits Nefzger's store?
10. What does Charlie write to Hattie in a somber letter?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)