|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins on September 12, 1918?
(a) Harvesting the milo.
(b) Harvesting a second wheat crop.
(c) Registration for the third draft.
(d) The end of WWI.
2. What are Hattie and Perilee working on together?
(a) A present for Karl.
(b) A needlepoint tapestry.
(c) New clothes for the children.
(d) The baby's quilt.
3. What does Rooster Jim have when he comes towards Hattie?
(a) A gun.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A new horse.
4. What does Hattie think about in relation to Elmer's situation?
(a) How she would be willing to be drafted were she a man.
(b) How she has protested the war from the beginning.
(c) A sanctimonious letter Hattie once wrote.
(d) How she would not want her husband to register.
5. Where does Leafie invite Hattie?
(a) To observe a litter of puppies being born.
(b) To a parade down the mainstreet of Vida.
(c) A parade at Wolf Point.
(d) A birthing at Maud Fen's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Traft ask Hattie?
2. What does Traft say the person he is harassing must do to demonstrate loyalty to the United States?
3. Why does Rooster Jim land in a hay bale?
4. What does Traft say about why he is not serving in the military?
5. What does Hattie get to do during the game the picnic participants play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Traft have to say as he stops by and waters his horse?
2. How does Elmer Junior intervene for his father and what is the result?
3. How does Rooster Jim end up on top of a hay bale?
4. What begins on September 12th, and who will it encompass?
5. What has Perilee asked of Karl concerning the harassment of them because Karl is German?
6. What happens after Hattie and the others who are threshing see big, black clouds rolling in?
7. How does Hattie acquire chickens and what does she have to do to keep them safe?
8. What troubling news does Rooster Jim bring to Hattie, and what is the outcome?
9. What has Hattie been doing at night to fight the heat?
10. How does Traft explain the fact that he has not yet been drafted into the military?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)