|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richey going to pick up for Karl?
(a) A sideboard.
(b) A tractor part.
(c) A bag of mold resistent seeds.
(d) A new plow.
2. What happens when Elmer steps in a prairie dog hole?
(a) He is bitten by a prairie dog.
(b) He breaks his ankle.
(c) He cries in frustration
(d) He breaks his arm.
3. What does Rooster Jim come to tell Hattie?
(a) That Traft has filed a contest to Hattie's claim.
(b) That Mr. Ebgard wants to meet with Hattie.
(c) That Karl has been shot.
(d) That Traft has been drafted.
4. How does Mr. Ebgard get around the age requirements for a claim?
(a) He is unable to get around the age requirement problem.
(b) He writes for a Congressional dispensation.
(c) He rules that head of household status overrides age requirements.
(d) He treats the claim like an inheritance.
5. What does President Wilson want on September 12?
(a) An armistice.
(b) Twenty million draftees.
(c) Five million draftees.
(d) Thirteen million draftees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to help Hattie thresh?
2. What does Hattie insist is hers to do when she is talking with Trask?
3. What does a letter from Charlie reveal?
4. Why do Hattie and Jim discover while playing chess?
5. Why has Hattie been taking her mattress outside at night at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hattie goes to visit Perilee?
2. What troubling news does Rooster Jim bring to Hattie, and what is the outcome?
3. Why does Traft say about the fire in Hattie's barn when he comes by to see her after the July 4th picnic?
4. What does Hattie's next installment describe?
5. What has Perilee asked of Karl concerning the harassment of them because Karl is German?
6. How does Hattie help Mr. Ebgard?
7. How does Hattie acquire chickens and what does she have to do to keep them safe?
8. What do they have to do with the new baby since she is premature?
9. What are Hattie and Perilee working on as Perilee waits to deliver her baby, and what does Perilee promise?
10. What does Traft have to say as he stops by and waters his horse?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)