|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hattie wait for a ride to her new home in Montana?
(a) Point Lobos.
(b) At the side of the railroad tracks with nothing around.
(c) Wolf Point.
2. What does Hattie give Perilee in thanks?
(a) A bag of sugar.
(b) A picture.
(c) A bag of coffee.
(d) A book of poems.
3. Why does Hattie go over to talk to Perilee?
(a) Ask her advice.
(b) Tell her she shot an elk and is willing to share.
(c) Ask her to let her oldest come stay with Hattie.
(d) Tell her about the bear.
4. What has Hattie's uncle Holt been doing with her letters?
(a) Passing them on to the local newspaper.
(b) Sending them on to Hattie's grandmother in Europe.
(c) Giving them to Charlie to read.
(d) Sending them on to Hattie's great-aunt in Maine.
5. What happens to Violet's tail?
(a) It gets caught on the barbed wire.
(b) It gets caught in the stall door.
(d) A wolf bites off part of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hattie still unable to plant?
2. How does Hattie write about her life in the letters she writes?
3. Whose cow is it that arrives?
4. Who gives Hattie Mr. Whiskers?
5. What are the Mueller children sent out to gather?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leafie stop some men from running the Mueller's cow to death?
2. What does Karl say Hattie needs to do about plowing, and how does Hattie feel about plowing?
3. Who has been Hattie's main supporters when she comes to live with Uncle Holt and Aunt Ivy?
4. Where does Hattie go to live at age 13, and what is Ivy's reaction to Hattie?
5. Who helps Hattie in the field the next day and how does he respond to her thanks?
6. Describe Hattie's initial plowing efforts.
7. What happens when Hattie is sixteen that jeopardizes her finishing school?
8. Explain the situation that changes the friendly reception at the church for Hattie.
9. With what does Perilee leave Hattie as they drop her off at her new home, and what does Hattie give her in return?
10. What happens the next day after the dance to the Mueller's barn?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)