|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hattie recommend for the church choir?
(a) Perilee Mueller.
(b) Karl Mueller.
(c) Jody Mueller.
(d) Mattie Mueller.
2. What does Hattie realize Mattie has forgotten?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her comb.
(c) Her kitten figurine.
(d) Her jacks.
3. What does Hattie discuss with Mr. Ebgard?
(a) Finding a hired hand.
(b) Provisions she will need.
(c) Her mother's visit before she died.
(d) Proving her claim.
4. At what does Hattie marvel?
(a) Karl and Perilee's generosity.
(b) The orneriness of Violet.
(c) The patience of Plug.
(d) The huge Montana sky.
5. What happens to Violet's tail?
(b) It gets caught in the stall door.
(c) It gets caught on the barbed wire.
(d) A wolf bites off part of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hattie find when she arrives home?
2. How far is Hattie's homestead from Vida?
3. What does Grace tell Hattie to do?
4. What does the note on Hattie's table say when she returns home?
5. What does Perilee accept from Hattie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation that changes the friendly reception at the church for Hattie.
2. What happens when Hattie is sixteen that jeopardizes her finishing school?
3. How does Leafie stop some men from running the Mueller's cow to death?
4. What does Leafie say about Traft Martin when Hattie sees Leafie at the dance?
5. What does Mr. Saboe announce?
6. What is Hattie's newest challenge in homesteading, and how has Uncle Chester helped?
7. How does Hattie find a small source of income for herself?
8. How does Hattie make use of her petticoat that her aunt Ivy always insisted upon her wearing?
9. What does Hattie write to Uncle Holt and Charlie and who mails them for her?
10. How does Hattie defuse Traft's aggression towards Mr. Saboe?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)