|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Hattie's daily challenges?
(a) To set a couple fence posts.
(b) To finish the inside of her house.
(c) To not feel lonely.
(d) To milk the cow without injury or loss of milk.
2. What is the date at the opening of the novel?
3. Where does Hattie wait for a ride to her new home in Montana?
(a) Wolf Point.
(b) At the side of the railroad tracks with nothing around.
(c) Point Lobos.
4. Who gives Hattie Mr. Whiskers?
(a) Mrs. Mueller.
(b) Charlie Hawley.
(c) Hattie found the cat herself.
(d) Uncle Holt.
5. Who meets Hattie at the door to the dance?
(c) Rooster Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Hattie give five dollars?
2. What does Perilee leave with Hattie before they go on to their own place?
3. How does Hattie describe Plug?
4. What does Hattie take to the Mueller's?
5. Who does Hattie recommend for the church choir?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hattie make use of her petticoat that her aunt Ivy always insisted upon her wearing?
2. Who arrives to pick Mattie up in Wolf Point, and why do they spend the night there?
3. What does Hattie write to Uncle Holt and Charlie and who mails them for her?
4. What are Hattie's two animals like?
5. What does Mr. Saboe announce?
6. What happens when Perilee and the children go with Hattie to church?
7. Where does Hattie go on Sunday where she has not yet been, and how is she initially greeted?
8. What does Leafie say about Traft Martin when Hattie sees Leafie at the dance?
9. With what does Perilee leave Hattie as they drop her off at her new home, and what does Hattie give her in return?
10. Describe Hattie's initial plowing efforts.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)