|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note on Hattie's table say when she returns home?
(a) It is a note from Perilee asking for Hattie's help.
(b) It says she had best move back East where she belongs.
(c) It suggests she join the Montana Loyalty League.
(d) It is an invitation to a dance.
2. What does Hattie discuss with Mr. Ebgard?
(a) Proving her claim.
(b) Provisions she will need.
(c) Finding a hired hand.
(d) Her mother's visit before she died.
3. What does Hattie suggest they do for the new Mueller baby on the way?
(a) Buy a liberty bond for the baby.
(b) Write down the story of the Mueller's life.
(c) Start a quilt.
(d) Build another room on the Mueller's cabin.
4. What does Mrs. Martin say is not needed in the choir?
(c) A director.
5. Why is Hattie embarrassed when Traft comes in her house?
(a) She has no biscuits to offer.
(b) She has no coffee to offer.
(c) She has her underthings laid out to dry.
(d) She is in men's slacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives the next morning at Hattie's house?
2. What does Hattie realize Mattie has forgotten?
3. What is the new visitor's attitude towards Hattie?
4. What is Hattie's newest challenge?
5. Who meets Hattie at the door to the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps Hattie in the field the next day and how does he respond to her thanks?
2. What is the first homesteading lesson Hattie learns the next morning as she goes to draw water for her coffee?
3. What does Hattie write to Uncle Holt and Charlie and who mails them for her?
4. What has Perilee asked of Karl concerning the harassment of them because Karl is German?
5. Where does Hattie go to live at age 13, and what is Ivy's reaction to Hattie?
6. What happens when Hattie goes to visit Perilee?
7. What has Hattie been doing at night to fight the heat?
8. What happens to Elmer Ren while Hattie and Leafie are visiting?
9. What do Rooster Jim and Hattie say about how the war is costing them?
10. What are Hattie's two animals like?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)