|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hattie's newest challenge?
(a) Fence building.
(b) Keeping the garden from being overrun with jack rabbits.
(c) Keeping the coyotes away from the chickens.
(d) Finding a bull to breed with Violet.
2. What does Hattie take to the Mueller's?
(a) Some garden tools.
(d) Ten dollars.
3. Who picks up Hattie for the dance?
(a) Karl and Perilee Mueller.
(b) Rooster Jim.
(c) No one; she goes alone.
(d) Traft Martin.
4. What does Hattie see when she goes to check on the children?
(a) A rattlesnake coiled near Mattie Mueller.
(b) A wild prairie fire heading towards the children.
(c) Several wild boar running towards the children.
(d) A herd of wild horses running towards the children.
5. Who does Hattie write to tell of her move to Montana?
(a) No one.
(b) Her elderly great aunt.
(d) A good friend from the last place she lived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Hattie's uncle Holt been doing with her letters?
2. What is Hattie's uncle Holt's actual relationship to Hattie?
3. How old is Hattie when she becomes an orphan?
4. What do Perilee and the children do with Hattie on Sunday?
5. For what newspaper does Hattie write articles about her life in Montana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Perilee and the children go with Hattie to church?
2. What does Mr. Saboe announce?
3. How does Violet lose part of her tail?
4. With what does Perilee leave Hattie as they drop her off at her new home, and what does Hattie give her in return?
5. How does Hattie make use of her petticoat that her aunt Ivy always insisted upon her wearing?
6. What does Leafie say about Traft Martin when Hattie sees Leafie at the dance?
7. How does Leafie stop some men from running the Mueller's cow to death?
8. Who has been Hattie's main supporters when she comes to live with Uncle Holt and Aunt Ivy?
9. Why do Chase and Mattie not stop in for their customary biscuits at Hattie's one day, and what does Hattie do?
10. Describe the interaction between Traft and Hattie on April 2.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)