|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Ivy's perspective on Hattie's staying with them?
(a) She sees Hattie as an inconvenience.
(b) She loves having Hattie there.
(c) She was reluctant at first but now is very happy about Hattie living with them.
(d) Aunt Ivy dies shortly after Hattie arrived.
2. What does Hattie suggest they do for the new Mueller baby on the way?
(a) Start a quilt.
(b) Build another room on the Mueller's cabin.
(c) Buy a liberty bond for the baby.
(d) Write down the story of the Mueller's life.
3. How does Hattie's uncle Holt surprise Hattie?
(a) By sending Hattie fiftenn dollars.
(b) By writing that his wife has died.
(c) By writing that he wants to come visit.
(d) By writing that Charlie was back from the war.
4. How far is Hattie's homestead from Vida?
(a) About one mile.
(b) Six miles.
(c) Thirteen miles.
(d) Three miles.
5. How does Traft Martin help Hattie?
(a) Stapling wire to fence posts.
(b) Drawing water for the garden.
(c) Running the plow.
(d) Picking rocks out of the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Traft offer to take Hattie?
2. What does Hattie take to the Mueller's?
3. What does Mr. Saboe announce at dinner?
4. What does Grace tell Hattie to do?
5. Who brings Plug home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hattie's initial plowing efforts.
2. What happens the next day after the dance to the Mueller's barn?
3. What does Leafie say about Traft Martin when Hattie sees Leafie at the dance?
4. Describe the interaction between Traft and Hattie on April 2.
5. What is Hattie's newest challenge in homesteading, and how has Uncle Chester helped?
6. What does the letter from Hattie's uncle Chester say?
7. How does Violet lose part of her tail?
8. Who helps Hattie in the field the next day and how does he respond to her thanks?
9. Where does Hattie go on Sunday where she has not yet been, and how is she initially greeted?
10. What is the first homesteading lesson Hattie learns the next morning as she goes to draw water for her coffee?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)