|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Violet?
(a) Hattie's mother.
(b) Aunt Ivy's sister.
(c) The cow on the ranch in Montana.
(d) The owner of a tavern in Uncle Holt's town.
2. What is Aunt Ivy's perspective on Hattie's staying with them?
(a) Aunt Ivy dies shortly after Hattie arrived.
(b) She sees Hattie as an inconvenience.
(c) She was reluctant at first but now is very happy about Hattie living with them.
(d) She loves having Hattie there.
3. Who is Chester?
(a) Hattie's father's brother.
(b) The postmaster who is a good friend of Uncle Holt.
(c) Hattie's uncle in Montana.
(d) The mayor who is a good friend of Uncle Holt.
4. Where does Traft offer to take Hattie?
(a) To his place to show her how to do some simple ranch chores.
(b) To church on Sunday.
(c) To the feed store.
(d) To Vida.
5. How does Hattie describe Plug?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hattie discuss with Mr. Ebgard?
2. What does Mrs. Martin say is not needed in the choir?
3. What does Hattie take to the Mueller's?
4. How does Hattie write about her life in the letters she writes?
5. What does Perilee accept from Hattie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hattie make use of her petticoat that her aunt Ivy always insisted upon her wearing?
2. Describe Hattie's initial plowing efforts.
3. Describe the interaction between Traft and Hattie on April 2.
4. What does Leafie say about Traft Martin when Hattie sees Leafie at the dance?
5. What is Hattie's newest challenge in homesteading, and how has Uncle Chester helped?
6. Who has been Hattie's main supporters when she comes to live with Uncle Holt and Aunt Ivy?
7. What does Karl say Hattie needs to do about plowing, and how does Hattie feel about plowing?
8. How does Leafie stop some men from running the Mueller's cow to death?
9. What does Mr. Saboe announce?
10. Explain the situation that changes the friendly reception at the church for Hattie.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)