|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Violet?
(a) Hattie's mother.
(b) The cow on the ranch in Montana.
(c) Aunt Ivy's sister.
(d) The owner of a tavern in Uncle Holt's town.
2. What amuses Rooster Jim as he rides by as Hattie is plowing?
(a) Her plowing outfit.
(b) Her plowing methods.
(c) The way she has harnessed Violet.
(d) The hat she has put on plug.
3. What is the response of some of the other ladies when Hattie recommends a Mueller?
(b) Silence and icy.
4. What does Mrs. Martin say is not needed in the choir?
(b) A director.
5. How does Hattie write about her life in the letters she writes?
(a) With angst.
(c) With little emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Hattie Mr. Whiskers?
2. What does Perilee say she is too busy to do?
3. Who is Chester?
4. What does Grace tell Hattie to do?
5. What are the Mueller children sent out to gather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Hattie while she is in her cabin in the middle of a violent storm?
2. Explain the situation that changes the friendly reception at the church for Hattie.
3. What happens the next day after the dance to the Mueller's barn?
4. Where does Hattie go on Sunday where she has not yet been, and how is she initially greeted?
5. Describe Hattie's initial plowing efforts.
6. How does Hattie make use of her petticoat that her aunt Ivy always insisted upon her wearing?
7. What is Hattie's newest challenge in homesteading, and how has Uncle Chester helped?
8. How does Violet lose part of her tail?
9. What happens when Perilee and the children go with Hattie to church?
10. Who has been Hattie's main supporters when she comes to live with Uncle Holt and Aunt Ivy?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)