|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Hattie at the door to the dance?
(d) Rooster Jim.
2. What does Perilee accept from Hattie?
(a) A spinning wheel.
(b) A bag of wool.
(c) A butter churn.
(d) A rocker.
3. Why is Hattie embarrassed when Traft comes in her house?
(a) She has her underthings laid out to dry.
(b) She is in men's slacks.
(c) She has no coffee to offer.
(d) She has no biscuits to offer.
4. What does Hattie realize Mattie has forgotten?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her jacks.
(c) Her kitten figurine.
(d) Her comb.
5. What does Rooster Jim offer to do as he is riding by one day?
(a) Show her how to set a fence post.
(b) Mail Hattie's letters.
(c) Show her the boundaries of her property.
(d) Fix the barn roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hattie's newest challenge?
2. How does Hattie write about her life in the letters she writes?
3. Who brought extra knitting needles for Hattie to use?
4. How does Hattie describe Plug?
5. What do Perilee and the children do with Hattie on Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hattie defuse Traft's aggression towards Mr. Saboe?
2. How does Violet lose part of her tail?
3. Who helps Hattie in the field the next day and how does he respond to her thanks?
4. How does Hattie find a small source of income for herself?
5. Why do Chase and Mattie not stop in for their customary biscuits at Hattie's one day, and what does Hattie do?
6. What is the first homesteading lesson Hattie learns the next morning as she goes to draw water for her coffee?
7. What happens the next day after the dance to the Mueller's barn?
8. What happens when Perilee and the children go with Hattie to church?
9. What happens when Hattie is sixteen that jeopardizes her finishing school?
10. With what does Perilee leave Hattie as they drop her off at her new home, and what does Hattie give her in return?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)