|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what newspaper does Hattie write articles about her life in Montana?
(a) Montana Monthly News.
(b) Montana Liberty.
(c) Arlington News.
(d) Vida Life.
2. Why does Hattie ask Traft to dance?
(a) She likes him.
(b) To get him away from the Muellers.
(c) To ask him a personal question.
(d) To defuse a tense situation.
3. Who gives Hattie Mr. Whiskers?
(a) Uncle Holt.
(b) Hattie found the cat herself.
(c) Mrs. Mueller.
(d) Charlie Hawley.
4. How does Hattie write about her life in the letters she writes?
(b) With angst.
(d) With little emotion.
5. What is Hattie's newest challenge?
(a) Keeping the garden from being overrun with jack rabbits.
(b) Finding a bull to breed with Violet.
(c) Keeping the coyotes away from the chickens.
(d) Fence building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new visitor's attitude towards Hattie?
2. What month is coming up shortly?
3. What does Perilee leave with Hattie before they go on to their own place?
4. Who brought extra knitting needles for Hattie to use?
5. Who does Hattie recommend for the church choir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hattie voices her concern about a pledge of one hundred dollars?
2. What do they have to do with the new baby since she is premature?
3. Explain the situation that changes the friendly reception at the church for Hattie.
4. What does Hattie's next installment describe?
5. What does Leafie say about Traft Martin when Hattie sees Leafie at the dance?
6. What does Hattie think about after witnessing events at the Ren homestead?
7. With what does Perilee leave Hattie as they drop her off at her new home, and what does Hattie give her in return?
8. How does Hattie make use of her petticoat that her aunt Ivy always insisted upon her wearing?
9. What happens when Hattie is sixteen that jeopardizes her finishing school?
10. What does Charlie write to Hattie in a somber letter?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)