|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hattie see when she goes to check on the children?
(a) A herd of wild horses running towards the children.
(b) A wild prairie fire heading towards the children.
(c) Several wild boar running towards the children.
(d) A rattlesnake coiled near Mattie Mueller.
2. What happens to Violet's tail?
(b) A wolf bites off part of it.
(c) It gets caught in the stall door.
(d) It gets caught on the barbed wire.
3. How does Hattie write about her life in the letters she writes?
(a) With angst.
(c) With little emotion.
4. What are the Mueller children sent out to gather?
(c) Wild flowers.
5. What does Perilee accept from Hattie?
(a) A bag of wool.
(b) A butter churn.
(c) A rocker.
(d) A spinning wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Violet?
2. What does Perilee leave with Hattie before they go on to their own place?
3. Why does Hattie go over to talk to Perilee?
4. Why do Chase and Mattie run past Hattie's house without stopping one day?
5. What does Hattie find when she rides over to the Mueller homestead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hattie's two animals like?
2. What neighbor does Hattie meet in the local grocery store and what does he tell her?
3. What happens the next day after the dance to the Mueller's barn?
4. What happens when Perilee and the children go with Hattie to church?
5. How does Hattie find a small source of income for herself?
6. What is the first homesteading lesson Hattie learns the next morning as she goes to draw water for her coffee?
7. With what does Perilee leave Hattie as they drop her off at her new home, and what does Hattie give her in return?
8. What does Leafie say about Traft Martin when Hattie sees Leafie at the dance?
9. What does Mr. Saboe announce?
10. Describe Hattie's initial plowing efforts.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)