|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Leafie warn Hattie?
(a) That there is a group who want to have the Mueller's homesteading claim denied.
(b) That there is an ongoing investigation about her age as a homesteader.
(c) That there is a group who is going to burn Mueller's home.
(d) That Traft is in trouble.
2. For what newspaper does Hattie write articles about her life in Montana?
(a) Montana Liberty.
(b) Vida Life.
(c) Montana Monthly News.
(d) Arlington News.
3. What does Hattie find when she rides over to the Mueller homestead?
(a) Perilee is very ill.
(b) Their cow has been shot.
(c) The barn is on fire.
(d) Mattie is missing.
4. Who is Chester?
(a) The postmaster who is a good friend of Uncle Holt.
(b) Hattie's father's brother.
(c) The mayor who is a good friend of Uncle Holt.
(d) Hattie's uncle in Montana.
5. What does Perilee say she is too busy to do?
(a) Bake cookies for a church meeting.
(b) Sing in the choir.
(c) Join the Wednesday evening knitting group.
(d) Go to Vida with Hattie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hattie still unable to plant?
2. What does Rooster Jim offer to do as he is riding by one day?
3. Of what does Perilee remind Hattie at the grocery store?
4. Where does Hattie go after cleaning herself up and taking special care with her grooming?
5. Why is Hattie embarrassed when Traft comes in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hattie go to live at age 13, and what is Ivy's reaction to Hattie?
2. What is Hattie's newest challenge in homesteading, and how has Uncle Chester helped?
3. What does Karl say Hattie needs to do about plowing, and how does Hattie feel about plowing?
4. Where does Hattie go on Sunday where she has not yet been, and how is she initially greeted?
5. How does Violet lose part of her tail?
6. Who arrives to pick Mattie up in Wolf Point, and why do they spend the night there?
7. Who has been Hattie's main supporters when she comes to live with Uncle Holt and Aunt Ivy?
8. Who helps Hattie in the field the next day and how does he respond to her thanks?
9. What neighbor does Hattie meet in the local grocery store and what does he tell her?
10. What does Hattie write to Uncle Holt and Charlie and who mails them for her?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)