Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hattie see with Leafie?
(a) A homeless goat.
(b) The new style of bicycles.
(c) A military tank.
(d) The newest in automobiles.
2. What gives Hattie warning that someone is approaching?
(a) The chickens start squawking.
(b) Her dog barks.
(c) Plug neighs.
(d) Dust on the coulee.
3. What is Richey going to pick up for Karl?
(a) A new plow.
(b) A bag of mold resistent seeds.
(c) A tractor part.
(d) A sideboard.
4. What does Traft say the person he is harassing must do to demonstrate loyalty to the United States?
(a) Crawl to the flag.
(b) Carry the flag up and down the street ten times a day.
(c) Stand attention for one hour in front of the flag.
(d) Salute Traft.
5. What does Hattie have Chase doing?
(a) Filling the chip box and fetching water.
(b) Getting Mattie to sleep.
(c) Keeping Mattie occupied outside.
(d) Wiping his mother's face down with a cool rag.
6. Who is running errands for Karl?
7. Who is Traft and others harassing?
(a) Perilee Mueller.
(b) Karl Mueller.
(c) Chase Mueller.
(d) Mr. Ebgard.
8. Who is Charlotte?
(a) Rooster Jim's new wife.
(b) Traft Martin's new wife.
(c) Leafie's apprentice.
(d) The new baby.
9. Who brings news of the Spanish influenza to Hattie in October?
(a) Traft Martin.
(c) Karl Mueller.
(d) Rooster Jim.
10. What does Hattie manage to do despite her fears?
(a) Deliver twins.
(b) Tie off and cut the cord and clean up Charlotta.
(c) Keep Mattie from getting hysterical.
(d) Milk the cow for milk for the new baby.
11. Why must Karl stay home?
(a) To protect the livestock.
(b) Perilee is close to giving birth.
(c) Government agents are looking for him.
(d) To plant an additional forty acres.
12. For what does Hattie pray?
(b) The Mueller family's well being.
(d) Divine intervention.
13. What does Traft ask Hattie?
(a) To go with him to another dance.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To make a deal with him about her ranch.
(d) To forgive him for his belonging to the Defense League.
14. Who visits Hattie the morning after she learns of the flu epidemic?
(b) Reverend Tweed.
(d) Chase and Richley.
15. What does President Wilson want on September 12?
(a) An armistice.
(b) Five million draftees.
(c) Thirteen million draftees.
(d) Twenty million draftees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Ebgard get around the age requirements for a claim?
2. Why does Hattie send Karl and Chase to her house?
3. What causes Hattie to become angry again at Traft?
4. Where was Charlie's friend standing when the man was killed?
5. What does Perilee promise that she is unable to keep?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)