|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what does Hattie marvel?
(a) The orneriness of Violet.
(b) The patience of Plug.
(c) Karl and Perilee's generosity.
(d) The huge Montana sky.
2. Why does Hattie ask Traft to dance?
(a) She likes him.
(b) To defuse a tense situation.
(c) To ask him a personal question.
(d) To get him away from the Muellers.
3. Who is Perilee Johnson Mueller?
(a) Hattie's mother's best friend.
(b) A woman who runs a boarding house in New England.
(c) The next-door neighbor to Uncle Holt.
(d) A woman who lives in Montana.
4. About what does Leafie warn Hattie?
(a) That there is a group who is going to burn Mueller's home.
(b) That there is an ongoing investigation about her age as a homesteader.
(c) That there is a group who want to have the Mueller's homesteading claim denied.
(d) That Traft is in trouble.
5. What happens to Violet's tail?
(a) It gets caught in the stall door.
(b) It gets caught on the barbed wire.
(c) A wolf bites off part of it.
6. How does Hattie's uncle Holt surprise Hattie?
(a) By sending Hattie fiftenn dollars.
(b) By writing that his wife has died.
(c) By writing that he wants to come visit.
(d) By writing that Charlie was back from the war.
7. What does Perilee accept from Hattie?
(a) A rocker.
(b) A bag of wool.
(c) A butter churn.
(d) A spinning wheel.
8. Whose cow is it that arrives?
(a) Rooster Jim.
(b) No one.
(c) Perilee and Karl.
9. What do Perilee and the children do with Hattie on Sunday?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Gather mushrooms.
(c) Paint pictures.
(d) Have a picnic.
10. How old does Hattie feel she'll be before she is finished plowing?
11. Why does Leafie do when she observes who is with the cow?
(a) Becomes obviously happy.
(b) Fires her rifle in the air.
12. Who brings Plug home?
(b) Rooster Jim.
(c) Two of Perilee's children.
13. What does Hattie find when she arrives home?
(a) Her cow is ill.
(b) Another note from an unknown person.
(c) A hay bale is smoldering.
(d) A note from her best friend back in Virginia.
14. For what does Hattie give five dollars?
(a) A down payment on a plow.
(b) A down payment on a bag of seed.
(c) A down payment on a liberty bond.
(d) A down payment on an ox.
15. How is Mr. Whiskers fed?
(a) He catches a mouse.
(b) He eats some of the stew.
(c) He catches a snake.
(d) He just has some cow's milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Martin say is not needed in the choir?
2. What does Hattie take to the Mueller's?
3. What does Taft say might be a problem in the community?
4. With what does Mrs. Martin threaten Hattie?
5. How does Hattie get to Montana?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)