|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Perilee and Karl bring when they pick up Hattie?
2. Who meets Hattie at the door to the dance?
(a) Rooster Jim.
3. How old is Hattie when she becomes an orphan?
4. How does Hattie write about her life in the letters she writes?
(a) With angst.
(d) With little emotion.
5. When does Hattie's uncle Holt take her into his home?
(a) When Hattie is 2.
(b) When Hattie first becomes an orphan.
(c) When Hattie is 7.
(d) When Hattie is 13.
6. What does Traft Martin ask Hattie?
(a) To keep his younger brother for a while.
(b) To go with him to a dance.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To keep his younger sister for a while.
7. What does Grace tell Hattie to do?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Ask her friend to come the next Sunday.
(c) To join the choir herself.
(d) Appeal to Reverend Tweed.
8. What is one of Hattie's daily challenges?
(a) To not feel lonely.
(b) To milk the cow without injury or loss of milk.
(c) To set a couple fence posts.
(d) To finish the inside of her house.
9. What does Hattie discuss with Mr. Ebgard?
(a) Provisions she will need.
(b) Finding a hired hand.
(c) Her mother's visit before she died.
(d) Proving her claim.
10. About what does Leafie warn Hattie?
(a) That there is a group who is going to burn Mueller's home.
(b) That there is an ongoing investigation about her age as a homesteader.
(c) That there is a group who want to have the Mueller's homesteading claim denied.
(d) That Traft is in trouble.
11. What is Hattie's newest challenge?
(a) Keeping the garden from being overrun with jack rabbits.
(b) Fence building.
(c) Finding a bull to breed with Violet.
(d) Keeping the coyotes away from the chickens.
12. Who is Perilee Johnson Mueller?
(a) Hattie's mother's best friend.
(b) The next-door neighbor to Uncle Holt.
(c) A woman who runs a boarding house in New England.
(d) A woman who lives in Montana.
13. Who gives Hattie Mr. Whiskers?
(a) Charlie Hawley.
(b) Mrs. Mueller.
(c) Uncle Holt.
(d) Hattie found the cat herself.
14. What does Hattie do when she notices the situation with the Mueller children?
(a) Takes off her petticoat, and waves it to stop the animals.
(b) Pushes the children into the creek.
(c) Kills the rattler.
(d) Hoists the children up into a tree.
15. What month is coming up shortly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Martin say is not needed in the choir?
2. Why do Chase and Mattie run past Hattie's house without stopping one day?
3. When does Perilee say they will arrive at Hattie's new home?
4. Who brings Plug home?
5. What are the Mueller children sent out to gather?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)