Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leafie do when she observes who is with the cow?
(b) Fires her rifle in the air.
(c) Becomes obviously happy.
2. What does Mr. Saboe announce at dinner?
(a) It is time to buy liberty bonds.
(b) The homesteading act has been revised.
(c) Traft is leaving the area.
(d) The Muellers will no longer be welcome in Vida.
3. What do Perilee and the children do with Hattie on Sunday?
(a) Have a picnic.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Paint pictures.
(d) Gather mushrooms.
4. Where does Traft offer to take Hattie?
(a) To Vida.
(b) To church on Sunday.
(c) To the feed store.
(d) To his place to show her how to do some simple ranch chores.
5. Why does Hattie go over to talk to Perilee?
(a) Tell her she shot an elk and is willing to share.
(b) Ask her to let her oldest come stay with Hattie.
(c) Tell her about the bear.
(d) Ask her advice.
6. What is the date at the opening of the novel?
7. Why is Hattie embarrassed when Traft comes in her house?
(a) She is in men's slacks.
(b) She has no biscuits to offer.
(c) She has no coffee to offer.
(d) She has her underthings laid out to dry.
8. What does Hattie tie to the ring on the metal eye on the cabin?
(a) A rope.
(b) A flag.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A dead snake.
9. What are the Mueller children sent out to gather?
(d) Wild flowers.
10. What does Hattie insist for the person(s) who brings Plug home
(a) That she pay them with coffee.
(b) That she pay them with peppermint sticks.
(c) That the person(s) spends the night to let the storm abate.
(d) That she pay them with oats.
11. How old is Hattie when she becomes an orphan?
12. What does Hattie take to the Mueller's?
(a) Some garden tools.
(b) Ten dollars.
13. What is Hattie's problem at the water pump?
(a) She is not strong enough to pump the water up.
(b) The water only trickles out.
(c) Her hand sticks to the handle.
(d) The pump handle is rusted and won't pump.
14. What does Hattie do when she notices the situation with the Mueller children?
(a) Pushes the children into the creek.
(b) Hoists the children up into a tree.
(c) Kills the rattler.
(d) Takes off her petticoat, and waves it to stop the animals.
15. What does Hattie write for her article in Honyocker's Homily?
(a) That Plug has several different jobs.
(b) A homily about patchwork quilts.
(c) That she is able to plant seeds.
(d) That the Patriotic league is sponsering the Mueller family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Perilee accept from Hattie?
2. What does Perilee say she is too busy to do?
3. What does Taft say might be a problem in the community?
4. What has Hattie's uncle Holt been doing with her letters?
5. How does Hattie describe Plug?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)