Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Martin say is not needed in the choir?
(b) A director.
2. For what newspaper does Hattie write articles about her life in Montana?
(a) Montana Monthly News.
(b) Montana Liberty.
(c) Vida Life.
(d) Arlington News.
3. What is Rooster Jim's real name?
(a) Jim Chicken.
(b) Jim Fowler.
(c) Jim Half Crow.
(d) James Rooster.
4. What does Rooster Jim suggest to Hattie?
(a) That Violet will stop giving milk if she is made to work plowing.
(b) That she get herself a wide-brimmed hat.
(c) That Plug might appreciate an umbrella, too.
(d) That she plow in straight lines.
5. Who is Chester?
(a) Hattie's uncle in Montana.
(b) The mayor who is a good friend of Uncle Holt.
(c) The postmaster who is a good friend of Uncle Holt.
(d) Hattie's father's brother.
6. How does Hattie describe Plug?
7. Who is Perilee Johnson Mueller?
(a) A woman who runs a boarding house in New England.
(b) A woman who lives in Montana.
(c) The next-door neighbor to Uncle Holt.
(d) Hattie's mother's best friend.
8. What has Hattie's uncle Holt been doing with her letters?
(a) Sending them on to Hattie's grandmother in Europe.
(b) Giving them to Charlie to read.
(c) Sending them on to Hattie's great-aunt in Maine.
(d) Passing them on to the local newspaper.
9. Where does Hattie go after cleaning herself up and taking special care with her grooming?
(a) To Vida to apply for a loan.
(b) A dance.
(c) To visit a dead neighbor's wife.
10. Who arrives the next morning at Hattie's house?
(c) Perilee's oldest son.
(d) Rooster Jim.
11. Who picks up Hattie for the dance?
(a) No one; she goes alone.
(b) Karl and Perilee Mueller.
(c) Traft Martin.
(d) Rooster Jim.
12. Who is Violet?
(a) Hattie's mother.
(b) Aunt Ivy's sister.
(c) The owner of a tavern in Uncle Holt's town.
(d) The cow on the ranch in Montana.
13. Where does Traft offer to take Hattie?
(a) To the feed store.
(b) To church on Sunday.
(c) To Vida.
(d) To his place to show her how to do some simple ranch chores.
14. What is Aunt Ivy's perspective on Hattie's staying with them?
(a) She sees Hattie as an inconvenience.
(b) Aunt Ivy dies shortly after Hattie arrived.
(c) She loves having Hattie there.
(d) She was reluctant at first but now is very happy about Hattie living with them.
15. For what does Hattie give five dollars?
(a) A down payment on an ox.
(b) A down payment on a bag of seed.
(c) A down payment on a plow.
(d) A down payment on a liberty bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Whiskers fed?
2. What does Hattie insist for the person(s) who brings Plug home
3. What does Hattie realize Mattie has forgotten?
4. What month is coming up shortly?
5. How does Hattie get to Montana?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)