|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Mueller children sent out to gather?
(c) Wild flowers.
2. What does Rooster Jim suggest to Hattie?
(a) That Plug might appreciate an umbrella, too.
(b) That she get herself a wide-brimmed hat.
(c) That she plow in straight lines.
(d) That Violet will stop giving milk if she is made to work plowing.
3. When does Perilee say they will arrive at Hattie's new home?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Three days travel.
(c) By suppertime the next day.
(d) In about an hour.
4. What does Taft say might be a problem in the community?
(a) Hattie's friendship with the Muellers.
(b) Hattie not attending church.
(c) Hattie not attending the Loyalty League meetings.
(d) Hattie hiring a recent immigrant from Germany.
5. What is the response of some of the other ladies when Hattie recommends a Mueller?
(d) Silence and icy.
6. How many rods have been planted in Hattie's absence?
7. What does Perilee leave with Hattie before they go on to their own place?
(a) Advice, stew and strudel.
(b) Advice and dried meat.
(c) Advice and some dried vegetables.
(d) A dog.
8. What does Hattie tie to the ring on the metal eye on the cabin?
(a) A dead snake.
(b) A flag.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A rope.
9. What does Mr. Saboe announce at dinner?
(a) The homesteading act has been revised.
(b) The Muellers will no longer be welcome in Vida.
(c) Traft is leaving the area.
(d) It is time to buy liberty bonds.
10. What month is coming up shortly?
11. At what does Hattie marvel?
(a) The orneriness of Violet.
(b) The patience of Plug.
(c) Karl and Perilee's generosity.
(d) The huge Montana sky.
12. What does Mrs. Martin say is not needed in the choir?
(d) A director.
13. What is Rooster Jim's real name?
(a) James Rooster.
(b) Jim Chicken.
(c) Jim Half Crow.
(d) Jim Fowler.
14. How old is Hattie when she becomes an orphan?
15. What does Hattie suggest they do for the new Mueller baby on the way?
(a) Write down the story of the Mueller's life.
(b) Build another room on the Mueller's cabin.
(c) Start a quilt.
(d) Buy a liberty bond for the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives the next morning at Hattie's house?
2. What is the new visitor's attitude towards Hattie?
3. Who is Plug?
4. What does Rooster Jim offer to do as he is riding by one day?
5. With what does Mrs. Martin threaten Hattie?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)