Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is the date at the opening of the novel?
2. How old is Hattie when she becomes an orphan?
3. When does Hattie's uncle Holt take her into his home?
When Hattie is 13.
4. What is Hattie's uncle Holt's actual relationship to Hattie?
A distant cousin.
5. What is Aunt Ivy's perspective on Hattie's staying with them?
She sees Hattie as an inconvenience.
6. Who gives Hattie Mr. Whiskers?
7. Who is Perilee Johnson Mueller?
A woman who lives in Montana.
This section contains 4,936 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)