|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Perilee say they will arrive at Hattie's new home?
(a) Three days travel.
(b) By suppertime the next day.
(c) In about an hour.
(d) Several hours.
2. Who brought extra knitting needles for Hattie to use?
(b) The Reverend's wife.
(c) Grace Robbins.
(d) Mrs. Martin.
3. How many rods have been planted in Hattie's absence?
4. What does Traft Martin ask Hattie?
(a) To go with him to a dance.
(b) To keep his younger brother for a while.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To keep his younger sister for a while.
5. Why does Hattie go over to talk to Perilee?
(a) Ask her advice.
(b) Tell her about the bear.
(c) Ask her to let her oldest come stay with Hattie.
(d) Tell her she shot an elk and is willing to share.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amuses Rooster Jim as he rides by as Hattie is plowing?
2. What does Hattie realize about Traft that softens her attitude towards him momentarily?
3. What does Hattie give Perilee in thanks?
4. Why is Hattie still unable to plant?
5. Why do Hattie and Jim discover while playing chess?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)