|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elmer Junior chase Deputy Patton?
(a) For arresting his father.
(b) For shooting Elmer's dog who attacks the Deputy.
(c) For pushing his pregnant mother.
(d) For beating his father.
2. What has to be done for Charlotte?
(a) Welcome her.
(b) Let her handle the birth to learn how to do it.
(c) Keep her warm.
(d) Teach her about being a settler's wife.
3. Who does Hattie write to tell of her move to Montana?
(a) A good friend from the last place she lived.
(c) Her elderly great aunt.
(d) No one.
4. Who arrives the next morning at Hattie's house?
(c) Perilee's oldest son.
(d) Rooster Jim.
5. Who is running errands for Karl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Hattie and Jim discover while playing chess?
2. What is the date at the opening of the novel?
3. Why does Karl come over to Hattie's home late one night?
4. What does Perilee accept from Hattie?
5. Of what does Perilee remind Hattie at the grocery store?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)