|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Perilee say to Hattie's request?
(a) They are moving to Sacramento.
(b) The Muellers are moving to Seattle.
(c) They would love to have her with them.
(d) They just hired a new hand, and have no way to pay anyone else.
2. What happens to Violet's tail?
(a) It gets caught on the barbed wire.
(b) A wolf bites off part of it.
(d) It gets caught in the stall door.
3. What request of Perilee's does Karl refuse?
(a) To stop attending Lutheran services.
(b) To hire a worker.
(c) Move back to Baltimore.
(d) To meet with the Council of Defense members and try to show how good a man he is.
4. What begins on September 12, 1918?
(a) Harvesting a second wheat crop.
(b) The end of WWI.
(c) Harvesting the milo.
(d) Registration for the third draft.
5. What does Hattie get to do during the game the picnic participants play?
(c) Nothing as women are not allowed.
(d) Play quarterback.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not attend the Independence Day picnic?
2. What gives Hattie warning that someone is approaching?
3. Who is running errands for Karl?
4. Where does Hattie wait for a ride to her new home in Montana?
5. What is the situation like when Hattie goes over to the Mueller house?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)