|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mr. Whiskers fed?
(a) He catches a snake.
(b) He just has some cow's milk.
(c) He catches a mouse.
(d) He eats some of the stew.
2. Who does Hattie write to tell of her move to Montana?
(a) A good friend from the last place she lived.
(b) No one.
(c) Her elderly great aunt.
3. Who is Plug?
(a) A young boy who Hattie babysits occasionally.
(b) The horse on Hattie's uncle's ranch in Montana.
(c) The tom cat that always fights with Mr. Whiskers.
(d) A dog who lives next door to Hattie.
4. What does Perilee leave with Hattie before they go on to their own place?
(a) A dog.
(b) Advice and dried meat.
(c) Advice and some dried vegetables.
(d) Advice, stew and strudel.
5. What does Hattie tie to the ring on the metal eye on the cabin?
(a) A flag.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A rope.
(d) A dead snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hattie insist for the person(s) who brings Plug home
2. What does Hattie give Perilee in thanks?
3. What is the date at the opening of the novel?
4. What is the new visitor's attitude towards Hattie?
5. Who is Violet?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)