|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hattie go over to talk to Perilee?
(a) Tell her she shot an elk and is willing to share.
(b) Ask her advice.
(c) Ask her to let her oldest come stay with Hattie.
(d) Tell her about the bear.
2. Who is Violet?
(a) Aunt Ivy's sister.
(b) Hattie's mother.
(c) The cow on the ranch in Montana.
(d) The owner of a tavern in Uncle Holt's town.
3. What does Rooster Jim offer to do as he is riding by one day?
(a) Show her how to set a fence post.
(b) Mail Hattie's letters.
(c) Fix the barn roof.
(d) Show her the boundaries of her property.
4. Who is Perilee Johnson Mueller?
(a) A woman who lives in Montana.
(b) The next-door neighbor to Uncle Holt.
(c) Hattie's mother's best friend.
(d) A woman who runs a boarding house in New England.
5. What does Hattie give Perilee in thanks?
(a) A bag of coffee.
(b) A picture.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A bag of sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Perilee say they will arrive at Hattie's new home?
2. When does Hattie's uncle Holt take her into his home?
3. What is Hattie's problem at the water pump?
4. How does Hattie write about her life in the letters she writes?
5. How old is Hattie when she becomes an orphan?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)