1. What is the date at the opening of the novel?
2. How old is Hattie when she becomes an orphan?
3. When does Hattie's uncle Holt take her into his home?
(a) When Hattie is 7.
(b) When Hattie is 2.
(c) When Hattie is 13.
(d) When Hattie first becomes an orphan.
4. What is Hattie's uncle Holt's actual relationship to Hattie?
(a) A first cousin.
(b) A close friend of Hattie's father.
(c) A close friend of Hattie's grandmother.
(d) A distant cousin.
5. What is Aunt Ivy's perspective on Hattie's staying with them?
(a) She was reluctant at first but now is very happy about Hattie living with them.
(b) Aunt Ivy dies shortly after Hattie arrived.
(c) She loves having Hattie there.
(d) She sees Hattie as an inconvenience.
6. Who gives Hattie Mr. Whiskers?
(a) Charlie Hawley.
(b) Hattie found the cat herself.
(c) Uncle Holt.
(d) Mrs. Mueller.
7. Who is Perilee Johnson Mueller?
(a) Hattie's mother's best friend.
(b) A woman who runs a boarding house in New England.
(c) A woman who lives in Montana.
(d) The next-door neighbor to Uncle Holt.
This section contains 4,936 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)