Understanding the setting, both the place and time, helps the reader to enjoy a novel. Discuss the following:
1. Research Montana of the early 20th century, and then write an informative essay about the social and geographical aspects.
2. Research the treatment of German nationals and immigrants in the United States during WWI, and then write an informative essay about what you learn. Compare the information to what you read in "Hattie Big Sky".
3. Compare/contrast the life of someone in the early 20th century with that of a young person today.
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as a reflection of oneself? Why or why not?
2. Socrates said "Know thyself." How can reading a book such as...
This section contains 2,108 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)