Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer want to keep his return quiet?
2. How does Dr. Summer get Claude to let him release Hatter from the hospital bed?
3. What causes Hatter to break into screams while talking to Dr. Summer?
4. Where will Dr. Summer be staying now that he is not staying in the cell next to Hatter?
5. Why does Dr. Summer tell Claude to open Hatter's door?
Essay Topic 1
The reader can see that both Hatter Fox and Dr. Summer are on life journeys through this story. Choose one of these two characters and provide a synopsis of the changes they are experiencing in their lives. Include the way that each character has influenced the others' journey in your answer. Would either of them have made that same journey without the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There are prejudices and stereotypes expressed against Indians throughout the story. However, are there prejudices or stereotypes expressed against other groups? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Mango and why does she feel so much animosity toward Dr. Summer and Hatter? As the reader, does Mango's character make you question Hatter's reform?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)