|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hatter stand over Mango with in the middle of the night?
2. What do Dr. Summer and Rhinehart have for dinner in her apartment?
3. What does Rhinehart give to Hatter after dinner?
4. Who spends the day with Mango, trying to make her feel better?
5. What does Dr. Summer say the Indian woman in his story taught him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Mango and why does she feel so much animosity toward Dr. Summer and Hatter? As the reader, does Mango's character make you question Hatter's reform?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Hatter's attempt on Mango's life ironic? Explain in full detail from what you have read in the story.
Essay Topic 3
There are prejudices and stereotypes expressed against Indians throughout the story. However, are there prejudices or stereotypes expressed against other groups? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)