|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Summer react to the stories that Hatter shares with him?
2. Who was Hatter accused of pushing off a cliff?
3. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter to do with the weapon she held over Mango in the middle of the night?
4. Who escorts Dr. Summer to his cottage to collect his things?
5. Who is there to greet Dr. Summer when he returns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the moment when Dr. Summer feels that Hatter is trying to communicate with him for the first time. Why does Dr. Summer feel that way? As the reader, do you see the same thing Dr. Summer sees? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Ultimately, Dr. Summer decides to return to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him for the second time. What factors help him make this decision? What affects him the most? Based on what you have ready, why does Dr. Summer keep trying to reach Hatter?
Essay Topic 3
The reader can see that both Hatter Fox and Dr. Summer are on life journeys through this story. Choose one of these two characters and provide a synopsis of the changes they are experiencing in their lives. Include the way that each character has influenced the others' journey in your answer. Would either of them have made that same journey without the other? Why or why not?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)