|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer realize about Hatter through the stories she tells?
2. What does Rhinehart take from Claude in his office?
3. What does Dr. Summer help Rhinehart treat in the infirmary?
4. Who takes Hatter to his home in the woods?
5. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter to do with the weapon she held over Mango in the middle of the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Hatter's attempt on Mango's life ironic? Explain in full detail from what you have read in the story.
Essay Topic 2
What risks are there by Dr. Summer taking Hatter out of the Reformatory for the day? Based on what you have read in the book so far, is he making a wise choice? Support your answer with facts from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What does Hatter whisper to Dr. Summer as he leaves her room, leaving her in a straight jacket? What does this tell the reader about Hatter's state of mind? Is this statement a surprise? Why or why not?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)