|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been moved to the infirmary indefinitely?
2. When does Dr. Summer return to Santa Fe to check on his home?
3. What does Dr. Summer help Rhinehart treat in the infirmary?
4. What does Rhinehart give to Hatter after dinner?
5. What part of her past does Hatter tell Dr. Summer about after dinner that night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately, Dr. Summer decides to return to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him for the second time. What factors help him make this decision? What affects him the most? Based on what you have ready, why does Dr. Summer keep trying to reach Hatter?
Essay Topic 2
What risks are there by Dr. Summer taking Hatter out of the Reformatory for the day? Based on what you have read in the book so far, is he making a wise choice? Support your answer with facts from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What evidence does the author provide that Dr. Summer is learning and adapting to the Reformatory environment? Does this adaptation help him or hinder him? Does it help or hinder Hatter?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)