|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is actually guilty of pushing someone off the cliff?
2. What does Rhinehart say about the marks on Hatter's body after removing her dress?
3. How does Dr. Summer feel once he returns home?
4. What does Rhinehart tell Hatter about Claude?
5. Why does Dr. Summer consider returning to the Reformatory early with Hatter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader can see that both Hatter Fox and Dr. Summer are on life journeys through this story. Choose one of these two characters and provide a synopsis of the changes they are experiencing in their lives. Include the way that each character has influenced the others' journey in your answer. Would either of them have made that same journey without the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Ultimately, Dr. Summer decides to return to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him for the second time. What factors help him make this decision? What affects him the most? Based on what you have ready, why does Dr. Summer keep trying to reach Hatter?
Essay Topic 3
There are prejudices and stereotypes expressed against Indians throughout the story. However, are there prejudices or stereotypes expressed against other groups? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)