|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose attention does the new efficiency of the infirmary gain?
2. How does Hatter treat Dr. Summer when she sees him upon his return?
3. What upsets Hatter while she, Dr. Summer, and Rhinehart are talking in the chapter "Settling In"?
4. What does Rhinehart take from Claude in his office?
5. Why does Claude strap Hatter to the hospital bed the morning after Dr. Summer returns?
Essay Topic 1
What evidence does the author provide that Dr. Summer is learning and adapting to the Reformatory environment? Does this adaptation help him or hinder him? Does it help or hinder Hatter?
Essay Topic 2
Hatter tells Dr. Summer several horrifying stories of her childhood. In fact, the stories seem to get worse the more he finds out. Is there any evidence in the story that Hatter is not being honest with Dr. Summer? Are there any bright points to Hatter's past?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Mango and why does she feel so much animosity toward Dr. Summer and Hatter? As the reader, does Mango's character make you question Hatter's reform?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)