|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dr. Summer promise to return to the Reformatory when he leaves to check on his home?
2. What ends Hatter, Rhinehart, and Dr. Summer's evening?
3. Who escorts Dr. Summer to his cottage to collect his things?
4. Who spends the day with Mango, trying to make her feel better?
5. What causes Dr. Summer to panic when he returns to the reformatory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the first interaction between Dr. Summer and Hatter Fox. How does this interaction set the tone for the rest of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the story Rhinehart tells Hatter in the infirmary and the ritual that Dr. Summer and Rhinehart perform with Hatter?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author demonstrate how Hatter must feel being alone in solitary confinement all the time? What techniques and characters does he use?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)