|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter to do with the weapon she held over Mango in the middle of the night?
2. What does Rhinehart find on Hatter's head?
3. How does Dr. Summer get Claude to let him release Hatter from the hospital bed?
4. What does Rhinehart tell Dr. Summer about the story he has just shared with Hatter?
5. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter after she shares part of her past with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What drives Dr. Summer to return to the Reformatory to help Hatter? What is his plan?
Essay Topic 2
Ultimately, Dr. Summer decides to return to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him for the second time. What factors help him make this decision? What affects him the most? Based on what you have ready, why does Dr. Summer keep trying to reach Hatter?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the State Reformatory for Girls through Dr. Summer's eyes. From how he describes the institution, is the reader given the impression that this location lends itself to reform? Why or why not? How does the Reformatory itself play a role in the story?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)