|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dr. Summer return to Santa Fe to check on his home?
2. How does Hatter feel about Dr. Summer now that he has returned?
3. Where will Dr. Summer be staying now that he is not staying in the cell next to Hatter?
4. Who takes Hatter to his home in the woods?
5. Why did Rhinehart come to Arizona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are prejudices and stereotypes expressed against Indians throughout the story. However, are there prejudices or stereotypes expressed against other groups? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author demonstrate how Hatter must feel being alone in solitary confinement all the time? What techniques and characters does he use?
Essay Topic 3
How does Hatter's death at the end of the book impact Dr. Summer? Based on the progression of both characters through the book, is this reaction a surprise? Why or why not?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)