|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hatter stand over Mango with in the middle of the night?
2. When does Dr. Summer promise to return to the Reformatory when he leaves to check on his home?
3. What is done with the items taken from Claude?
4. Why does Dr. Summer tell Claude to open Hatter's door?
5. How does Dr. Summer get Claude to let him release Hatter from the hospital bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence does the author provide that Dr. Summer is learning and adapting to the Reformatory environment? Does this adaptation help him or hinder him? Does it help or hinder Hatter?
Essay Topic 2
Hatter tells Dr. Summer several horrifying stories of her childhood. In fact, the stories seem to get worse the more he finds out. Is there any evidence in the story that Hatter is not being honest with Dr. Summer? Are there any bright points to Hatter's past?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Hatter's attempt on Mango's life ironic? Explain in full detail from what you have read in the story.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)