|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer realize about Hatter through the stories she tells?
2. What does Rhinehart take from Claude in his office?
3. What does Rhinehart tell Hatter about Claude?
4. Why does Hatter want to kill Mango in her sleep?
5. What happens to Mango the day she is scheduled to be released?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately, Dr. Summer decides to return to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him for the second time. What factors help him make this decision? What affects him the most? Based on what you have ready, why does Dr. Summer keep trying to reach Hatter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the moment when Dr. Summer feels that Hatter is trying to communicate with him for the first time. Why does Dr. Summer feel that way? As the reader, do you see the same thing Dr. Summer sees? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are two blatantly prejudice comments made by Rhinehart to Dr. Summer in regards to Hatter that Dr. Summer takes offense to, but Rhinehart does not realize are offensive. What are those comments? How do these comments help the author develop the theme of prejudice?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)