|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhinehart find on Hatter's head?
2. How does Dr. Summer feel once he returns home?
3. How does Hatter react to Rhinehart's story about Claude?
4. Where does Hatter want to stop after she and Dr. Summer have eaten their sandwiches?
5. Who is actually guilty of pushing someone off the cliff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What impact does finding Hatter in the "dog house" at the State Reformatory have on Dr. Summer? What reasons is Dr. Summer given for this treatment? In Dr. Summer's opinion, does the punishment fit the crime?
Essay Topic 2How does Hatter's death at the end of the book impact Dr. Summer? Based on the progression of both characters through the book, is this reaction a surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3Ultimately, Dr. Summer decides to return to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him for the second time. What factors help him make this decision? What affects him the most? Based on what you have ready, why does Dr. Summer keep trying to reach Hatter?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)