|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hatter want to stop after she and Dr. Summer have eaten their sandwiches?
2. What is done with the items taken from Claude?
3. What does Rhinehart tell Hatter about Dr. Summer?
4. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter to do with the weapon she held over Mango in the middle of the night?
5. Why does Rhinehart warn Dr. Summer against taking Hatter out for the day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the first interaction between Dr. Summer and Hatter Fox. How does this interaction set the tone for the rest of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author demonstrate how Hatter must feel being alone in solitary confinement all the time? What techniques and characters does he use?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence does the author provide that Dr. Summer is learning and adapting to the Reformatory environment? Does this adaptation help him or hinder him? Does it help or hinder Hatter?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)