|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Dr. Summer to his cottage to collect his things?
2. Who is working in the infirmary with Dr. Summer and Rhinehart?
3. What ends Hatter, Rhinehart, and Dr. Summer's evening?
4. Who takes Hatter to his home in the woods?
5. What does Rhinehart say about the marks on Hatter's body after removing her dress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are two blatantly prejudice comments made by Rhinehart to Dr. Summer in regards to Hatter that Dr. Summer takes offense to, but Rhinehart does not realize are offensive. What are those comments? How do these comments help the author develop the theme of prejudice?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence does the author provide that Dr. Summer is learning and adapting to the Reformatory environment? Does this adaptation help him or hinder him? Does it help or hinder Hatter?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author demonstrate how Hatter must feel being alone in solitary confinement all the time? What techniques and characters does he use?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)