|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Dr. Summer to panic when he returns to the reformatory?
2. What is done with the items taken from Claude?
3. What upsets Hatter while she, Dr. Summer, and Rhinehart are talking in the chapter "Settling In"?
4. What does Rhinehart take from Claude in his office?
5. What does Rhinehart tell Hatter about Dr. Summer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What thought process does Dr. Summer go through when ultimately deciding to return to the Reformatory? Is it a surprise that he makes this decision? Why or why not? Use examples from the story and his character in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What risks are there by Dr. Summer taking Hatter out of the Reformatory for the day? Based on what you have read in the book so far, is he making a wise choice? Support your answer with facts from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Mango and why does she feel so much animosity toward Dr. Summer and Hatter? As the reader, does Mango's character make you question Hatter's reform?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)