|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hatter ask Dr. Summer to help her as he is leaving her room?
2. Why does Claude strap Hatter to the hospital bed the morning after Dr. Summer returns?
3. How does Rhinehart react when Dr. Summer says that he does not know what is wrong with Hatter?
4. How does Hatter react to Rhinehart's story about Claude?
5. How does Dr. Summer react to the stories that Hatter shares with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are prejudices and stereotypes expressed against Indians throughout the story. However, are there prejudices or stereotypes expressed against other groups? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author demonstrate how Hatter must feel being alone in solitary confinement all the time? What techniques and characters does he use?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the story Rhinehart tells Hatter in the infirmary and the ritual that Dr. Summer and Rhinehart perform with Hatter?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)