|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hatter ask Dr. Summer to help her as he is leaving her room?
2. What does Dr. Summer say the Indian woman in his story taught him?
3. What city did Rhinehart go to when she ran away?
4. How old was Rhinehart when she ran away from school?
5. How does Dr. Summer feel once he returns home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader can see that both Hatter Fox and Dr. Summer are on life journeys through this story. Choose one of these two characters and provide a synopsis of the changes they are experiencing in their lives. Include the way that each character has influenced the others' journey in your answer. Would either of them have made that same journey without the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Mango and why does she feel so much animosity toward Dr. Summer and Hatter? As the reader, does Mango's character make you question Hatter's reform?
Essay Topic 3
There are two blatantly prejudice comments made by Rhinehart to Dr. Summer in regards to Hatter that Dr. Summer takes offense to, but Rhinehart does not realize are offensive. What are those comments? How do these comments help the author develop the theme of prejudice?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)