|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Hatter left with as a small child?
2. Where does Hatter want to stop after she and Dr. Summer have eaten their sandwiches?
3. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter to do with the weapon she held over Mango in the middle of the night?
4. What does Hatter do when it is time to return to the Reformatory after lunch?
5. How does Hatter react to Rhinehart's story about Claude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What thought process does Dr. Summer go through when ultimately deciding to return to the Reformatory? Is it a surprise that he makes this decision? Why or why not? Use examples from the story and his character in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The reader can see that both Hatter Fox and Dr. Summer are on life journeys through this story. Choose one of these two characters and provide a synopsis of the changes they are experiencing in their lives. Include the way that each character has influenced the others' journey in your answer. Would either of them have made that same journey without the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Ultimately, Dr. Summer decides to return to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him for the second time. What factors help him make this decision? What affects him the most? Based on what you have ready, why does Dr. Summer keep trying to reach Hatter?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)