|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rhinehart come to Arizona?
2. What does Rhinehart find on Hatter's head?
3. Who spends the day with Mango, trying to make her feel better?
4. Who is there to greet Dr. Summer when he returns?
5. When does Dr. Summer promise to return to the Reformatory when he leaves to check on his home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately, Dr. Summer decides to return to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him for the second time. What factors help him make this decision? What affects him the most? Based on what you have ready, why does Dr. Summer keep trying to reach Hatter?
Essay Topic 2
There are prejudices and stereotypes expressed against Indians throughout the story. However, are there prejudices or stereotypes expressed against other groups? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
There are two blatantly prejudice comments made by Rhinehart to Dr. Summer in regards to Hatter that Dr. Summer takes offense to, but Rhinehart does not realize are offensive. What are those comments? How do these comments help the author develop the theme of prejudice?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)