|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends Hatter, Rhinehart, and Dr. Summer's evening?
2. Why does Dr. Summer tell Claude to open Hatter's door?
3. What does Rhinehart tell Hatter about Claude?
4. Who defends Hatter and Dr. Summer to the Reformatory administrators?
5. Who asked Hatter to leave the area previously?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact does finding Hatter in the "dog house" at the State Reformatory have on Dr. Summer? What reasons is Dr. Summer given for this treatment? In Dr. Summer's opinion, does the punishment fit the crime?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Hatter's attempt on Mango's life ironic? Explain in full detail from what you have read in the story.
Essay Topic 3
What drives Dr. Summer to return to the Reformatory to help Hatter? What is his plan?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)