|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter to do with the weapon she held over Mango in the middle of the night?
2. Who defends Hatter and Dr. Summer to the Reformatory administrators?
3. How does Dr. Summer feel once he returns home?
4. Who is there to greet Dr. Summer when he returns?
5. Who was Hatter accused of pushing off a cliff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the story Rhinehart tells Hatter in the infirmary and the ritual that Dr. Summer and Rhinehart perform with Hatter?
Essay Topic 2
What does Hatter whisper to Dr. Summer as he leaves her room, leaving her in a straight jacket? What does this tell the reader about Hatter's state of mind? Is this statement a surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the moment when Dr. Summer feels that Hatter is trying to communicate with him for the first time. Why does Dr. Summer feel that way? As the reader, do you see the same thing Dr. Summer sees? Why or why not?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)