|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dr. Summer return to Santa Fe to check on his home?
2. What does Rhinehart offer Dr. Summer at the end of their dinner?
3. What part of her past does Hatter tell Dr. Summer about after dinner that night?
4. Where does Hatter want to stop after she and Dr. Summer have eaten their sandwiches?
5. How does Dr. Summer react to the stories that Hatter shares with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the first interaction between Dr. Summer and Hatter Fox. How does this interaction set the tone for the rest of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
There are prejudices and stereotypes expressed against Indians throughout the story. However, are there prejudices or stereotypes expressed against other groups? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
There are two blatantly prejudice comments made by Rhinehart to Dr. Summer in regards to Hatter that Dr. Summer takes offense to, but Rhinehart does not realize are offensive. What are those comments? How do these comments help the author develop the theme of prejudice?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)