|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hatter reveal to Dr. Summer about the diner where they stopped?
(a) She was afraid someone in the diner would recognize her.
(b) All of these.
(c) She had been a prostitute and worked the corner near the diner.
(d) She had made a lot of money prostituting for the college boys in the area.
2. How does Hatter treat Dr. Summer when she sees him upon his return?
(a) With silent hostility.
(b) With a small, quiet smile.
(c) With silent gratitude.
(d) With anger and threats.
3. What does Rhinehart say about the marks on Hatter's body after removing her dress?
(a) They were the source of her illness.
(b) They are not consistent with those found on most girls held in solitary.
(c) They are consistent with those found on most girls held in solitary.
(d) The marks were very unusual and must be self-inflicted.
4. Who is actually guilty of pushing someone off the cliff?
(a) Another young girl in the village.
(b) The farmer's wife.
(c) The shepherd boy.
(d) The shepherd boy's brother.
5. Why does Dr. Summer want to keep his return quiet?
(a) So that the head of the Reformatory will not know he is back.
(b) So that Hatter will not know he has returned.
(c) So the other girls will not make trouble over his attention to Hatter.
(d) Because he is embarrassed about having left in the first place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer consider returning to the Reformatory early with Hatter?
2. What does Rhinehart tell Hatter about Claude?
3. When does Dr. Summer really intend to return to the Reformatory after checking on his home?
4. What ends Hatter, Rhinehart, and Dr. Summer's evening?
5. How does Hatter surprise Dr. Summer during the night he returns?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)