|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer want to keep his return quiet?
(a) So that Hatter will not know he has returned.
(b) Because he is embarrassed about having left in the first place.
(c) So that the head of the Reformatory will not know he is back.
(d) So the other girls will not make trouble over his attention to Hatter.
2. Whose attention does the new efficiency of the infirmary gain?
(a) The State Hospital.
(b) Other Reformatories.
(c) The inmates.
(d) The administration.
3. How does Claude react when Dr. Summer asks him to open the door?
(a) He opens the door immediately, helping Dr. Summer.
(b) He refuses at first, because it is against the rules, but finally opens the door.
(c) He refuses to open the door.
(d) He hesitantly lets Dr. Summer out, but refuses to let Hatter out.
4. Who is there to greet Dr. Summer when he returns?
(d) Dr. Levering.
5. What does Dr. Summer help Rhinehart treat in the infirmary?
(a) Menstrual cramps.
(b) Minor illnesses.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rhinehart come to Arizona?
2. Why does the Indian woman in Dr. Summer's story die?
3. Who takes Hatter to his home in the woods?
4. What upsets Hatter while she, Dr. Summer, and Rhinehart are talking in the chapter "Settling In"?
5. Who does Hatter say led her toward the mountains after her caretaker died?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)