|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer want to keep his return quiet?
(a) So that the head of the Reformatory will not know he is back.
(b) So that Hatter will not know he has returned.
(c) Because he is embarrassed about having left in the first place.
(d) So the other girls will not make trouble over his attention to Hatter.
2. Why does Rhinehart warn Dr. Summer against taking Hatter out for the day?
(a) Not to let Hatter convince him to let her free.
(b) Hatter may try to run away from him.
(c) The girls are sometimes uncomfortable outside of the Reformatory.
(d) She will not want to return to the Reformatory after having such a great day in the real world.
3. Who is there to greet Dr. Summer when he returns?
(d) Dr. Levering.
4. How does Hatter feel about Dr. Summer now that he has returned?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) She is suspicious as to why he wants to help her.
(c) She begs him to leave her alone.
(d) Both of these.
5. When does Dr. Summer really intend to return to the Reformatory after checking on his home?
(a) He does not really plan to leave. He is trying to surprise Hatter and Rhinehart.
(b) He is not sure he will return.
(c) He plans to come back as he promised.
(d) He plans to return a few days after promised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhinehart say about the marks on Hatter's body after removing her dress?
2. How does Rhinehart react when Dr. Summer says that he does not know what is wrong with Hatter?
3. What does Hatter stand over Mango with in the middle of the night?
4. What part of her past does Hatter tell Dr. Summer about after dinner that night?
5. Why does Dr. Summer tell Claude to open Hatter's door?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)