|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter after she shares part of her past with him?
(a) He counsels her to behave.
(b) He counsels her to cooperate.
(c) All of these.
(d) He counsels her on what to do to be released from the Reformatory in the Spring
2. How does Hatter react when Dr. Summer asks her to eat after releasing her from the hospital bed?
(a) She stares at him, but does not eat or speak.
(b) She tells him to leave her alone. She is sick.
(c) She quickly and quietly eats her entire lunch.
(d) She does not respond.
3. What does Rhinehart take from Claude in his office?
(a) His badge and keys.
(b) A snip of his hair and a clipping of his finger nails.
(c) A snip of his hair and a vial of blood.
(d) A snip of his hair and a section of his shirt collar.
4. Why does Dr. Summer want to keep his return quiet?
(a) So the other girls will not make trouble over his attention to Hatter.
(b) So that Hatter will not know he has returned.
(c) So that the head of the Reformatory will not know he is back.
(d) Because he is embarrassed about having left in the first place.
5. What part of her past does Hatter tell Dr. Summer about after dinner that night?
(a) Her life with her parents.
(b) The time she spent at a Christian Mission.
(c) The time she spent in an orphanage.
(d) The time she spent with an elderly woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer say the Indian woman in his story taught him?
2. What does Rhinehart tell Hatter about Dr. Summer?
3. Where did Rhinehart grow up?
4. Why does Dr. Summer consider returning to the Reformatory early with Hatter?
5. How does Claude react when Dr. Summer asks him to open the door?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)