|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Hatter while she, Dr. Summer, and Rhinehart are talking in the chapter "Settling In"?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Dr. Summer urges her to remember any possible details from her past.
(c) Rhinehart makes a terrible comment about Hatter looking "almost human."
(d) Both of these.
2. Where will Dr. Summer be staying now that he is not staying in the cell next to Hatter?
(a) None of these.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The guest cottage.
(d) Off the Reformatory grounds.
3. Why does Dr. Summer consider returning to the Reformatory early with Hatter?
(a) Because she has started crying.
(b) Because she is visibly angry.
(c) Because she is clearly uncomfortable riding in his Jeep.
(d) Because she states over and over that she does not want to be out.
4. How does Rhinehart react when Dr. Summer says that he does not know what is wrong with Hatter?
(a) She is unconcerned and pretentious.
(b) She is concerned and caring.
(c) She is professional and takes charge.
(d) She is officious and sarcastic.
5. How does Dr. Summer feel once he returns home?
(a) His mood is unpredictable and erratic.
(b) He is relieved to be away from the Reformatory.
(c) He is in a surprisingly good mood, feeling the holiday spirit.
(d) His mood is bleak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhinehart find on Hatter's head?
2. How does Hatter react to Rhinehart's story about Claude?
3. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter after she shares part of her past with him?
4. What does Dr. Summer help Rhinehart treat in the infirmary?
5. What does Dr. Summer find in Rhinehart's apartment when he returns to the Reformatory?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)