|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer want to keep his return quiet?
(a) So the other girls will not make trouble over his attention to Hatter.
(b) Because he is embarrassed about having left in the first place.
(c) So that the head of the Reformatory will not know he is back.
(d) So that Hatter will not know he has returned.
2. How does Dr. Summer get Claude to let him release Hatter from the hospital bed?
(a) He tells him that a person can live by intravenous feeding for only a short time.
(b) He tells him that if Hatter is to live, she needs real food.
(c) All of these.
(d) He appeals to Claude's fear for his job.
3. What causes Hatter to break into screams while talking to Dr. Summer?
(a) All of these.
(b) He asks her about her home.
(c) He pushes her on why none of her friends have visited her.
(d) He asks her about her family.
4. Where will Dr. Summer be staying now that he is not staying in the cell next to Hatter?
(a) The infirmary.
(b) Off the Reformatory grounds.
(c) The guest cottage.
(d) None of these.
5. Why does Dr. Summer tell Claude to open Hatter's door?
(a) So he can carry the unconscious Hatter to the infirmary.
(b) So he can leave Hatter alone as she has requested.
(c) So he can escape Hatter's attack.
(d) So he can help her walk to the infirmary and get some scratches on her arm treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rhinehart come to Arizona?
2. Why does Dr. Summer consider returning to the Reformatory early with Hatter?
3. Where does Dr. Summer take Hatter for lunch in the chapter, "Hatter's History"?
4. What city did Rhinehart go to when she ran away?
5. What does Rhinehart offer Dr. Summer at the end of their dinner?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)