|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Summer feel once he returns home?
(a) His mood is unpredictable and erratic.
(b) He is relieved to be away from the Reformatory.
(c) His mood is bleak.
(d) He is in a surprisingly good mood, feeling the holiday spirit.
2. Who is working in the infirmary with Dr. Summer and Rhinehart?
3. How does Dr. Summer react to the stories that Hatter shares with him?
(a) Both of these.
(b) He is almost paralyzed by what Hatter tells him.
(c) He tries to improve her life the best he can.
(d) Neither of these.
4. Why does the Indian woman in Dr. Summer's story die?
(a) All of these.
(b) Out of embarrassment.
(c) Out of grief.
(d) Her husband died.
5. How does Hatter treat Dr. Summer when she sees him upon his return?
(a) With anger and threats.
(b) With a small, quiet smile.
(c) With silent gratitude.
(d) With silent hostility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhinehart tell Hatter about Dr. Summer?
2. How does Claude react when Dr. Summer asks him to open the door?
3. What happens to Mango the day she is scheduled to be released?
4. Why does Dr. Summer know he will return to the Reformatory?
5. Who asked Hatter to leave the area previously?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)