|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Hatter while she, Dr. Summer, and Rhinehart are talking in the chapter "Settling In"?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Dr. Summer urges her to remember any possible details from her past.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Rhinehart makes a terrible comment about Hatter looking "almost human."
2. How does Hatter react when Dr. Summer asks her to eat after releasing her from the hospital bed?
(a) She quickly and quietly eats her entire lunch.
(b) She does not respond.
(c) She tells him to leave her alone. She is sick.
(d) She stares at him, but does not eat or speak.
3. What does Rhinehart take from Claude in his office?
(a) His badge and keys.
(b) A snip of his hair and a vial of blood.
(c) A snip of his hair and a clipping of his finger nails.
(d) A snip of his hair and a section of his shirt collar.
4. Why does Rhinehart warn Dr. Summer against taking Hatter out for the day?
(a) Hatter may try to run away from him.
(b) The girls are sometimes uncomfortable outside of the Reformatory.
(c) She will not want to return to the Reformatory after having such a great day in the real world.
(d) Not to let Hatter convince him to let her free.
5. Why does Hatter want to kill Mango in her sleep?
(a) Mango was the one hurting Hatter when she was in solitary.
(b) Mango has threatened Hatter.
(c) Mango and Hatter have fought in the past, outside of the Reformatory.
(d) Mango has been a prostitute in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhinehart offer Dr. Summer at the end of their dinner?
2. What does Hatter do when it is time to return to the Reformatory after lunch?
3. What does Hatter stand over Mango with in the middle of the night?
4. How does Hatter feel about Dr. Summer now that he has returned?
5. Why does the Indian woman in Dr. Summer's story die?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)