|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer learn when he returns to the Reformatory?
(a) Hatter's sentence at the Reformatory has been extended.
(b) Hatter is still refusing to cooperate or speak.
(c) Hatter is being transferred to the state hospital.
(d) Hatter is asking for Dr. Summer.
2. What is the name of the psychiatrist who has asked for Dr. Summer's help?
(a) Dr. Thomas Levering.
(b) Dr. Troy Levering.
(c) Dr. Tanya Levory.
(d) Dr. Thomas Levitt.
3. Why is the psychiatrist disappointed by Dr. Summer?
(a) He thought Dr. Summer knew Hatter better.
(b) He was hoping to get more information from Dr. Summer on Hatter.
(c) Dr. Summer's only interaction with Hatter was when she stabbed him.
(d) All of these.
4. When does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He calls the psychiatrist later that same night.
(b) He calls the psychiatrist the next evening.
(c) He calls the psychiatrist a couple of days later.
(d) He calls the psychiatrist the next morning.
5. How does Hatter react to Dr. Summer treating her skin abrasions?
(a) She pulls away from him and will not let him help her.
(b) She screams at him and tries to attack him.
(c) Hatter is insolent, but cooperative.
(d) She tries to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
2. What is Hatter directing the other young people in the room to do while Dr. Summer is there?
3. What do the letters ask of Dr. Summer?
4. What does the Reformatory psychiatrist tell Dr. Summer is the only way Hatter will leave the basement early?
5. What does Dr. Summer believe is killing Hatter Fox?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Levering decide it would be good for Hatter to eat lunch in the cafeteria? What happens?
2. How does Hatter feel about Dr. Summer's rescue?
3. What does Dr. Summer do once released from the hospital? Why?
4. How does Claude react when Dr. Summer says that he wants to be alone with Hatter? Why?
5. What reason does Claude tell Dr. Summer that Hatter is chained to the cot when Dr. Summer arrives at Hatter's cell? How does Dr. Summer react?
6. What does Dr. Summer do when he visits Hatter in her cell at the Reformatory? Why is this surprising?
7. Why is Hatter tied up and kept next to the body of a crushed girl? How does this make Dr. Summer feel?
8. What misunderstanding do Rhinehart and Dr. Summer have at the end of their dinner in Rhinehart's apartment?
9. Why is Dr. Summer surprised at what happens after Hatter's screaming fit?
10. How does Dr. Summer learn about Hatter Fox? What does Dr. Summer think of her initially?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)