|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He wants the psychiatrist to know how he feels about the Reformatory.
(b) He wants to come back and help Hatter, on one condition.
(c) He wants to know if the psychiatrist will allow him back, under any condition.
(d) He wants to know that Hatter will be cared for now that he is gone.
2. What does the head of the reformatory offer Dr. Summer to help in Hatter's treatment?
(a) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a guesthouse at the facility.
(b) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a renovated cell area.
(c) He offers to pay for Dr. Summer's hotel.
(d) He offers to move Hatter into an area with Dr. Summer.
3. Where does Dr. Summer meet Hatter?
(a) In the medical clinic.
(b) In a group home.
(c) At a local jail.
(d) None of these.
4. What does Hatter smear on her face and clothes when Dr. Summer meets her?
(b) None of these.
5. How does Hatter react to Dr. Summer when he offers her something to drink?
(a) She listens and speaks to him softly.
(b) She yells at him to leave her alone.
(c) She is completely unresponsive at first.
(d) She attacks him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer believe is killing Hatter Fox?
2. How does Hatter react to Dr. Summer treating her skin abrasions?
3. Where is the State Reformatory for Girls located?
4. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
5. Where is Hatter kept at the Reformatory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What misunderstanding do Rhinehart and Dr. Summer have at the end of their dinner in Rhinehart's apartment?
2. Why is Hatter lying under her blanket in her cell? What does this demonstrate about her personality?
3. What does Dr. Summer see outside of Dr. Levering's window? How does he react?
4. How does Dr. Levering feel about Dr. Summer's presence at the Reformatory? Why?
5. Why are Rhinehart's comments to Hatter especially hurtful to her? Based on what you have read, are Rhinehart's comments a surprise?
6. Why does Dr. Summer choose to leave the Reformatory?
7. Describe Hatter's feelings toward Dr. Summer now that he has returned. Are these feelings a surprise? Why or why not?
8. What is this story about? Where does it take place? Who are the main characters?
9. How does Dr. Summer feel about leaving the Reformatory? How does Rhinehart feel about his leaving?
10. What are the conditions under which Dr. Summer comes back to the Reformatory? What does he bring back with him and why?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)