|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer is attempting to leave?
(a) She jumps on his back.
(b) She jumps on him, gripping him with her legs so he cannot leave.
(c) All of these.
(d) She claws his face.
2. Who does Dr. Summer stay with while he is gone?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) His brother.
(c) An artist friend.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Dr. Summer encounter before he finds the psychiatrists office?
(a) Sullen guards.
(b) Mazes of hallways.
(c) None of these.
(d) Both of these.
4. What leads Dr. Summer to believe that Hatter has been sexually assaulted while in solitary confinement?
(a) Lacerations on her breasts.
(b) All of these.
(c) Bruises in her groin area.
(d) Claude's leering statements.
5. Where does Dr. Summer become a doctor when he first meets Hatter?
(a) The Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(b) The New Mexico Health Center.
(c) The Bureau of Indian Health.
(d) A free Indian Health Clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
2. What information does Dr. Summer use to form his initial opinion of Hatter?
3. What causes Dr. Summer not to return to Santa Fe?
4. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
5. Why is the psychiatrist disappointed by Dr. Summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dilemma does Dr. Summer face on Christmas Eve?
2. How does Dr. Summer react to the small piece of history that Hatter shares with him on Christmas Eve?
3. What does Dr. Summer do when he visits Hatter in her cell at the Reformatory? Why is this surprising?
4. Why is Dr. Summer surprised at what happens after Hatter's screaming fit?
5. In what perspective is Hatter Fox told? What does this mean for the reader?
6. How does Hatter feel about Dr. Summer's rescue?
7. Why does Dr. Levering decide it would be good for Hatter to eat lunch in the cafeteria? What happens?
8. Why are Hatter and Dr. Summer allowed to stay and work in the infirmary? How does Hatter respond to this change?
9. Why does Dr. Summer spend a day with Mango?
10. How does Dr. Levering feel about Dr. Summer's presence at the Reformatory? Why?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)