|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it thought that putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
(a) Because it makes them very upset.
(b) Because it is humiliating.
(c) Because it is painful.
(d) Because it separates the girls from the rest of the group.
2. What does Dr. Summer see when he looks up from the floor?
(a) Hatter screaming.
(b) The world swirling around him.
(c) Hatter's smiling face.
(d) Hatter coming at him again.
3. What does Mango show Dr. Summer in his cottage?
(a) A scar from a slash Hatter inflicted on her.
(b) A scar from her childhood.
(c) The necklace her mother gave her.
(d) The bruises one of the guards inflicted on her.
4. What does Dr. Summer believe is killing Hatter Fox?
(a) All of these.
(b) The bureaucratic rules of the Reformatory.
(c) Claude's abuse.
(d) The psychiatrist's ignorance.
5. What leads Dr. Summer to believe that Hatter has been sexually assaulted while in solitary confinement?
(a) All of these.
(b) Claude's leering statements.
(c) Bruises in her groin area.
(d) Lacerations on her breasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer withdraw his offer to stay and help Hatter?
2. What does Hatter smear on her face and clothes when Dr. Summer meets her?
3. Why does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
4. What weapon does Hatter use to injure Dr. Summer?
5. What is the name of the psychiatrist who has asked for Dr. Summer's help?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Summer called back to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him?
2. How does Hatter surprise Dr. Summer the night he returns to the reformatory? How does Dr. Summer feel about the occurrence?
3. What misunderstanding do Rhinehart and Dr. Summer have at the end of their dinner in Rhinehart's apartment?
4. How did Rhinehart find herself at the Reformatory?
5. Why is Hatter tied up and kept next to the body of a crushed girl? How does this make Dr. Summer feel?
6. What happens when Dr. Summer finds Hatter strapped to the hospital bed in the morning?
7. What does Dr. Summer help Hatter do once they are in Santa Fe?
8. What reason does Claude tell Dr. Summer that Hatter is chained to the cot when Dr. Summer arrives at Hatter's cell? How does Dr. Summer react?
9. What story does Dr. Summer tell Rhinehart in the infirmary? Why is it important?
10. Why does Dr. Levering decide it would be good for Hatter to eat lunch in the cafeteria? What happens?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)