Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
2. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
3. Who does Dr. Summer stay with while he is gone?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) His brother.
(c) An artist friend.
(d) His mother.
4. When does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
(a) A clear January morning.
(b) A windy November day.
(c) A cold December morning.
(d) A cold December afternoon.
5. In what city does Dr. Summer work when he meets Hatter?
(a) El Paso, TX.
(b) Albuquerque, NM.
(c) Phoenix, AZ.
(d) Santa Fe, NM.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the psychiatrist explain Hatter's extreme punishment?
2. When does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
3. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
4. What does Dr. Summer actually see outside in the facility courtyard?
5. Who believes putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hatter forced to leave her first job in Santa Fe? What theme does this follow in the book?
2. What is ironic about the dinner that Rhinehart, Hatter, and Dr. Summer share on Christmas Eve?
3. How does Dr. Summer learn about Hatter Fox? What does Dr. Summer think of her initially?
4. Why does Hatter go with Dr. Summer toward the end of the book? Why does he end up taking her?
5. Why is Dr. Summer called back to the Reformatory after Hatter attacks him?
6. What reason does Claude tell Dr. Summer that Hatter is chained to the cot when Dr. Summer arrives at Hatter's cell? How does Dr. Summer react?
7. What kind of success do Rhinehart, Dr. Summer, and Hatter have in the infirmary? Why?
8. What happens to Dr. Summer as he paces in Hatter's cell while she sleeps?
9. Describe Hatter's feelings toward Dr. Summer now that he has returned. Are these feelings a surprise? Why or why not?
10. What story does Dr. Summer tell Rhinehart in the infirmary? Why is it important?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)