|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He calls the psychiatrist the next morning.
(b) He calls the psychiatrist later that same night.
(c) He calls the psychiatrist a couple of days later.
(d) He calls the psychiatrist the next evening.
2. Who is the author of <i>Hatter Fox</i>?
(a) Marilyn Harris.
(b) Marilyn Hewlett.
(c) Marilyn Harvey.
(d) Monte Harrell.
3. Why does Hatter have an intravenous line?
(a) She has been ill.
(b) She cannot be released to eat.
(c) She has a wound that has become infected.
(d) She refuses to eat.
4. What does Dr. Summer do when Hatter refuses to eat her lunch?
(a) He threatens to leave her in the cell alone.
(b) He tries to force feed her.
(c) He asks Claude to force feed her.
(d) He tells her she does not have to eat.
5. When does the psychiatrist say Dr. Summer can see Hatter?
(a) The next day.
(b) That afternoon.
(c) The following week.
(d) He says Dr. Summer cannot see Hatter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer tells her his life story?
2. What does Dr. Summer believe is killing Hatter Fox?
3. During what time period does this story take place?
4. What does Dr. Summer offer Hatter in her cell?
5. How does Mango feel when she arrives to take Dr. Summer to the Reformatory the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is waiting for Dr. Summer when he arrives back home from recovering at his friend's house?
2. Why is Hatter tied up and kept next to the body of a crushed girl? How does this make Dr. Summer feel?
3. What does Dr. Summer see outside of Dr. Levering's window? How does he react?
4. How does Dr. Levering feel about Dr. Summer's presence at the Reformatory? Why?
5. How does the local Navajo group at the University hurt Hatter? Why does it hurt her?
6. Why does Hatter go with Dr. Summer toward the end of the book? Why does he end up taking her?
7. What happens when Dr. Summer finds Hatter strapped to the hospital bed in the morning?
8. What happens to break Hatter's calm demeanor and the pleasant mood during Christmas Eve dinner?
9. Why has Dr. Levering called Dr. Summer to the State Reformatory? What problem does this pose?
10. Why is Hatter forced to leave her first job in Santa Fe? What theme does this follow in the book?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)