|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer request for Hatter after lunchtime?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) A clean dress.
(c) Warm water.
(d) Both of these.
2. In what city does Dr. Summer work when he meets Hatter?
(a) Phoenix, AZ.
(b) Albuquerque, NM.
(c) Santa Fe, NM.
(d) El Paso, TX.
3. How does Dr. Summer find Hatter in her cell?
(a) She is chained to her cot.
(b) She is in a straight jacket.
(c) She is chained to the wall.
(d) She is standing in the corner with her wrists chained together.
4. What does Dr. Summer say the state facility where Hatter is smells like?
(a) Old coffee.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Cleaning solutions.
(d) Both of these.
5. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He is in a restaurant.
(b) He is in a bar.
(c) He is at a friend's house.
(d) He is at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer encounter before he finds the psychiatrists office?
2. Why does Dr. Summer choose to stay where he does at the Reformatory?
3. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
4. What does Hatter refuse to wear?
5. What does Hatter smear on her face and clothes when Dr. Summer meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hatter surprise Dr. Summer the night he returns to the reformatory? How does Dr. Summer feel about the occurrence?
2. Why are Hatter and Dr. Summer allowed to stay and work in the infirmary? How does Hatter respond to this change?
3. How does the local Navajo group at the University hurt Hatter? Why does it hurt her?
4. How does Hatter respond to Dr. Summer when he attempts to speak with her the first time? Why?
5. Why does Dr. Summer choose to leave the Reformatory?
6. What does Dr. Summer consider a breakthrough with Hatter? Why?
7. How does Claude react when Dr. Summer says that he wants to be alone with Hatter? Why?
8. What does Dr. Summer do when he visits Hatter in her cell at the Reformatory? Why is this surprising?
9. How is Dr. Summer able to relate to Hatter better than anyone else is?
10. What evidence does Dr. Summer have that Hatter has been sexually abused? Based on what you have read in the book, is it reasonable to think Claude is the culprit?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)