|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer receive when he gets back?
(a) Letters from the local jail.
(b) Letters from the State Reformatory for Girls.
(c) Letters from Hatter's parents.
(d) Letters from the police chief.
2. What does Hatter do when Dr. Summer attempts to talk to her?
(a) She confides in him.
(b) She chants in a low voice.
(c) She refuses to speak to him at all.
(d) She cries and apologizes.
3. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
4. How does Mango feel when she arrives to take Dr. Summer to the Reformatory the next morning?
(a) She appears angry with Dr. Summer.
(b) She appears happy and carefree.
(c) She appears sullen and withdrawn.
(d) She appears hurried and nervous.
5. What is the name of the psychiatrist who has asked for Dr. Summer's help?
(a) Dr. Thomas Levitt.
(b) Dr. Thomas Levering.
(c) Dr. Tanya Levory.
(d) Dr. Troy Levering.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose perspective is this story written?
2. What does Dr. Summer encounter before he finds the psychiatrists office?
3. What does Dr. Summer learn when he returns to the Reformatory?
4. What does Hatter smear on her face and clothes when Dr. Summer meets her?
5. What weapon does Hatter use to injure Dr. Summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rhinehart tell Hatter the story about the witch? What purpose does it serve?
2. What dilemma does Dr. Summer face on Christmas Eve?
3. What does Dr. Summer do when he visits Hatter in her cell at the Reformatory? Why is this surprising?
4. What is this story about? Where does it take place? Who are the main characters?
5. What is ironic about the dinner that Rhinehart, Hatter, and Dr. Summer share on Christmas Eve?
6. How does Dr. Levering explain Hatter's punishment and how she is treated in her cell?
7. Why does Dr. Summer choose to leave the Reformatory?
8. What happens when Dr. Summer enters the jail cell with Hatter and the wounded boy?
9. How does Dr. Summer react to Hatter's death?
10. How does Dr. Summer learn about Hatter Fox? What does Dr. Summer think of her initially?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)