|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He wants to know if the psychiatrist will allow him back, under any condition.
(b) He wants the psychiatrist to know how he feels about the Reformatory.
(c) He wants to come back and help Hatter, on one condition.
(d) He wants to know that Hatter will be cared for now that he is gone.
2. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
3. What weapon does Hatter use to injure Dr. Summer?
(a) A pen.
(b) A syringe.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pipe.
4. What leads Dr. Summer to believe that Hatter has been sexually assaulted while in solitary confinement?
(a) Lacerations on her breasts.
(b) Claude's leering statements.
(c) All of these.
(d) Bruises in her groin area.
5. What do the letters ask of Dr. Summer?
(a) Dr. Summer is asked to drop the charges against Hatter Fox.
(b) Dr. Summer is asked to do an evaluation of Hatter Fox for a case against her.
(c) Dr. Summer is asked to help Hatter Fox.
(d) Dr. Summer is asked to be the State Reformatory's doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
2. Where does Dr. Summer meet Hatter?
3. What does Dr. Summer do when Hatter refuses to eat her lunch?
4. Who is Dr. Summer called in to treat when he meets Hatter?
5. How does the psychiatrist explain Hatter's extreme punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer choose to leave the Reformatory?
2. How is Dr. Summer's meeting with Hatter the second time in the Reformatory different from the first?
3. What happens between Dr. Summer and Hatter when Hatter's lunch is brought to her? Why?
4. Why is Dr. Summer surprised at what happens after Hatter's screaming fit?
5. Why are Rhinehart's comments to Hatter especially hurtful to her? Based on what you have read, are Rhinehart's comments a surprise?
6. What does Dr. Summer do once released from the hospital? Why?
7. How does Dr. Summer react to Hatter's death?
8. What does Dr. Summer help Hatter do once they are in Santa Fe?
9. How does Dr. Levering explain Hatter's punishment and how she is treated in her cell?
10. Why are Hatter and Dr. Summer allowed to stay and work in the infirmary? How does Hatter respond to this change?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)