|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of <i>Hatter Fox</i>?
(a) Monte Harrell.
(b) Marilyn Harris.
(c) Marilyn Hewlett.
(d) Marilyn Harvey.
2. What does Hatter smear on her face and clothes when Dr. Summer meets her?
(a) None of these.
3. What does the head of the reformatory offer Dr. Summer to help in Hatter's treatment?
(a) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a renovated cell area.
(b) He offers to move Hatter into an area with Dr. Summer.
(c) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a guesthouse at the facility.
(d) He offers to pay for Dr. Summer's hotel.
4. What does Dr. Summer offer Hatter in her cell?
(a) He offers her some juice.
(b) He offers her some water.
(c) He offers her a cup of tea.
(d) He offers her a cup of coffee.
5. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer tells her his life story?
(a) She asks him to leave.
(b) She turns away and refuses to look at Dr. Summer.
(c) She puts her fingers in her ears to demonstrate her boredom.
(d) She starts singing softly to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hatter directing the other young people in the room to do while Dr. Summer is there?
2. Who does Dr. Summer stay with while he is gone?
3. Why does Hatter have an intravenous line?
4. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
5. Where is the State Reformatory for Girls located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hatter's tale of the old woman ghost demonstrate to Dr. Summer?
2. In what perspective is Hatter Fox told? What does this mean for the reader?
3. How is Dr. Summer's meeting with Hatter the second time in the Reformatory different from the first?
4. What happens when Dr. Summer finds Hatter strapped to the hospital bed in the morning?
5. How does the local Navajo group at the University hurt Hatter? Why does it hurt her?
6. What does Rhinehart tell Dr. Summer about Hatter's wounds? Is there evidence that the wounds are the cause of her illness? Why or why not?
7. How do Dr. Levering and Dr. Winton convince Dr. Summer to help Hatter? What really convinces Dr. Summer?
8. How did Rhinehart find herself at the Reformatory?
9. Why are Rhinehart's comments to Hatter especially hurtful to her? Based on what you have read, are Rhinehart's comments a surprise?
10. What does Dr. Summer help Hatter do once they are in Santa Fe?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)