|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rhinehart find on Hatter's head?
(a) A bump.
(b) A gash.
(d) A scar.
2. Who asked Hatter to leave the area previously?
(a) The diner owner.
(b) A Navajo group on campus.
(c) A women's group on campus.
(d) The local business owners association.
3. Why does Rhinehart warn Dr. Summer against taking Hatter out for the day?
(a) The girls are sometimes uncomfortable outside of the Reformatory.
(b) She will not want to return to the Reformatory after having such a great day in the real world.
(c) Hatter may try to run away from him.
(d) Not to let Hatter convince him to let her free.
4. Why does Dr. Summer know he will return to the Reformatory?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Because his home is lonely.
(c) Because there are people there who need him.
(d) Both of these.
5. How is Hatter punished for pushing someone off the cliff?
(a) She is locked in a root cellar.
(b) She is banished from the shepherding village.
(c) She is tied up and put next to the crushed body.
(d) She is locked in a room with the dead body.
6. Who has been moved to the infirmary indefinitely?
7. How does Rhinehart react when Dr. Summer says that he does not know what is wrong with Hatter?
(a) She is professional and takes charge.
(b) She is concerned and caring.
(c) She is officious and sarcastic.
(d) She is unconcerned and pretentious.
8. What is done with the items taken from Claude?
(a) They are sent to the police.
(b) They are DNA tested.
(c) They are burned in front of Hatter as part of a ritual.
(d) They are given to Hatter.
9. How old was Rhinehart when she ran away from school?
10. What does Dr. Summer help Rhinehart treat in the infirmary?
(a) Minor illnesses.
(c) Menstrual cramps.
(d) All of these.
11. Why does Hatter want to kill Mango in her sleep?
(a) Mango has been a prostitute in the past.
(b) Mango and Hatter have fought in the past, outside of the Reformatory.
(c) Mango was the one hurting Hatter when she was in solitary.
(d) Mango has threatened Hatter.
12. How many days after visiting the hospital does the woman die?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
13. Why does the Indian woman in Dr. Summer's story die?
(a) Her husband died.
(b) Out of grief.
(c) Out of embarrassment.
(d) All of these.
14. Where is Hatter sent after being accused of pushing someone off the cliff?
(a) She is sent to the Christian Missionary School.
(b) None of these.
(c) She is sent to the Reformatory.
(d) She is sent to jail.
15. What happens to Mango the day she is scheduled to be released?
(a) She is sick with the flu.
(b) She is injured in a fight.
(c) She in injured in a fall.
(d) She has bronchitis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hatter react when Dr. Summer asks her to eat after releasing her from the hospital bed?
2. Who is there to greet Dr. Summer when he returns?
3. What does Hatter reveal to Dr. Summer about the diner where they stopped?
4. When does Dr. Summer promise to return to the Reformatory when he leaves to check on his home?
5. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter after she shares part of her past with him?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)