|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hatter want to stop after she and Dr. Summer have eaten their sandwiches?
(a) A library.
(b) A convenience store for cigarettes.
(c) A candy store.
(d) An ice cream shop.
2. How does Hatter react when Dr. Summer asks her to eat after releasing her from the hospital bed?
(a) She tells him to leave her alone. She is sick.
(b) She quickly and quietly eats her entire lunch.
(c) She does not respond.
(d) She stares at him, but does not eat or speak.
3. What causes Hatter to break into screams while talking to Dr. Summer?
(a) He asks her about her home.
(b) All of these.
(c) He asks her about her family.
(d) He pushes her on why none of her friends have visited her.
4. Why does Dr. Summer tell Claude to open Hatter's door?
(a) So he can carry the unconscious Hatter to the infirmary.
(b) So he can help her walk to the infirmary and get some scratches on her arm treated.
(c) So he can escape Hatter's attack.
(d) So he can leave Hatter alone as she has requested.
5. What is done with the items taken from Claude?
(a) They are burned in front of Hatter as part of a ritual.
(b) They are DNA tested.
(c) They are sent to the police.
(d) They are given to Hatter.
6. When does Dr. Summer promise to return to the Reformatory when he leaves to check on his home?
(a) As soon as he can.
(b) The following week.
(c) The next day.
(d) Later that same day.
7. Where does Dr. Summer take Hatter for lunch in the chapter, "Hatter's History"?
(a) A diner near the Reformatory.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A diner near the University.
(d) Both of these.
8. Why does Claude strap Hatter to the hospital bed the morning after Dr. Summer returns?
(a) She did not eat enough the day before to warrant bypassing being fed intravenously.
(b) She attacked him when he brought her breakfast.
(c) He does not give a reason for this treatment.
(d) She attempted to escape during the night.
9. What does Hatter do when it is time to return to the Reformatory after lunch?
(a) She tries to run away.
(b) She turns on Dr. Summer.
(c) She tried to talk him into taking her to the hotel.
(d) None of these.
10. Who takes Hatter to his home in the woods?
(a) None of these.
(b) A goat herder.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A shepherd boy.
11. What does Hatter reveal to Dr. Summer about the diner where they stopped?
(a) She had made a lot of money prostituting for the college boys in the area.
(b) She had been a prostitute and worked the corner near the diner.
(c) All of these.
(d) She was afraid someone in the diner would recognize her.
12. Who escorts Dr. Summer to his cottage to collect his things?
13. Who is there to greet Dr. Summer when he returns?
(d) Dr. Levering.
14. Who does Hatter say led her toward the mountains after her caretaker died?
(a) A young boy she did not know.
(b) The old woman's ghost.
(c) A fox.
(d) The old man's ghost.
15. Who has been moved to the infirmary indefinitely?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of her past does Hatter tell Dr. Summer about after dinner that night?
2. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter to do with the weapon she held over Mango in the middle of the night?
3. What causes Dr. Summer to panic when he returns to the reformatory?
4. Who spends the day with Mango, trying to make her feel better?
5. Who does not want to see Mango released?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)