|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer learn when he returns to the Reformatory?
(a) Hatter is still refusing to cooperate or speak.
(b) Hatter is being transferred to the state hospital.
(c) Hatter is asking for Dr. Summer.
(d) Hatter's sentence at the Reformatory has been extended.
2. What does Dr. Summer tell the Reformatory psychiatrist about Hatter Fox and Claude?
(a) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter has been raped.
(b) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude are siblings.
(c) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude have a relationship.
(d) Dr. Summer insinuates that Claude is beating Hatter for no reason.
3. What does the head of the reformatory offer Dr. Summer to help in Hatter's treatment?
(a) He offers to pay for Dr. Summer's hotel.
(b) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a guesthouse at the facility.
(c) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a renovated cell area.
(d) He offers to move Hatter into an area with Dr. Summer.
4. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter before leaving?
(a) He has given up on her.
(b) None of these.
(c) Have someone call him if she wants to talk.
(d) He does not understand how to help her.
5. What does Dr. Summer do when Hatter refuses to eat her lunch?
(a) He tries to force feed her.
(b) He threatens to leave her in the cell alone.
(c) He tells her she does not have to eat.
(d) He asks Claude to force feed her.
6. Why is Hatter restrained in her cell?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) She wanted to sleep on the floor, which is against the rules.
(d) She tried to attack a guard.
7. What does Dr. Summer believe is killing Hatter Fox?
(a) The psychiatrist's ignorance.
(b) The bureaucratic rules of the Reformatory.
(c) All of these.
(d) Claude's abuse.
8. Why is the psychiatrist disappointed by Dr. Summer?
(a) Dr. Summer's only interaction with Hatter was when she stabbed him.
(b) He thought Dr. Summer knew Hatter better.
(c) All of these.
(d) He was hoping to get more information from Dr. Summer on Hatter.
9. Who is Dr. Summer called in to treat when he meets Hatter?
(a) Hatter, who has been wounded in a fight.
(b) A boy who has slit his wrists.
(c) A girl who has slit her wrists.
(d) Another girl who Hatter has injured in a fight.
10. Where does Hatter injure Dr. Summer?
(a) She hits him in the head with the pipe.
(b) She jabs him in the hand with the pen.
(c) She stabs him in the back.
(d) She sticks him in the leg with the syringe.
11. What does Dr. Summer think he sees outside in the facility courtyard?
(a) An animal locked in a pen in the freezing rain.
(b) Inmates hanging laundry in the freezing rain.
(c) Inmates being transferred from one building to another in the freezing rain without shoes.
(d) A dead animal in a pen in the freezing rain.
12. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
13. What does Hatter smear on her face and clothes when Dr. Summer meets her?
(b) None of these.
14. What year does Dr. Summer meet Hatter Fox?
15. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Mango shares the rules with Dr. Summer.
(c) Mango makes Dr. Summer's bed.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Summer meet Hatter?
2. What time does Dr. Summer return to the Reformatory?
3. During what time period does this story take place?
4. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer is attempting to leave?
5. What does Dr. Summer offer Hatter in her cell?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)