|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what time period does this story take place?
(a) The early 1980s.
(b) The mid 1960s.
(c) The early 1970s.
(d) The late 1980s.
2. To what Indian tribe does Hatter Fox belong?
3. What does Dr. Summer do when Hatter refuses to eat her lunch?
(a) He tells her she does not have to eat.
(b) He tries to force feed her.
(c) He threatens to leave her in the cell alone.
(d) He asks Claude to force feed her.
4. What does Dr. Summer offer Hatter in her cell?
(a) He offers her some juice.
(b) He offers her a cup of tea.
(c) He offers her some water.
(d) He offers her a cup of coffee.
5. Where is Hatter kept at the Reformatory?
(a) None of these.
(b) In a shared cell with another juvenile delinquent.
(c) The sub-basement in an isolation cell.
(d) In a community cell with three other girls.
6. From whose perspective is this story written?
(a) Hatter Fox.
(b) Hatter's mother.
(c) Dr. Summer.
(d) A narrator's point of view.
7. What year does Dr. Summer meet Hatter Fox?
8. Where does Dr. Summer want to stay, if he comes back to the Reformatory?
(a) In Hatter's cell.
(b) At the local hotel.
(c) In the guest cottage.
(d) In the cell next to Hatter.
9. What does Hatter refuse to wear?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her prison dress.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her prison number.
10. In broad terms, what is this story about?
(a) All of the above.
11. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
(a) Mango shares the rules with Dr. Summer.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Mango makes Dr. Summer's bed.
12. What does Hatter do to Dr. Summer during their first meeting?
(a) She sits in silence, as though she is in a coma.
(b) She yells and fights with him, ultimately attacking him.
(c) She refuses to let him treat her.
(d) She attacks him when his back is turned.
13. What leads Dr. Summer to believe that Hatter has been sexually assaulted while in solitary confinement?
(a) Lacerations on her breasts.
(b) Bruises in her groin area.
(c) Claude's leering statements.
(d) All of these.
14. How does Dr. Summer describe the way Hatter is kept?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her entire body is bound by leather straps.
(c) She is confined to a hospital bed.
(d) In a windowless room.
15. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter before leaving?
(a) Have someone call him if she wants to talk.
(b) None of these.
(c) He has given up on her.
(d) He does not understand how to help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer think he sees outside in the facility courtyard?
2. Who is Dr. Summer called in to treat when he meets Hatter?
3. How does the psychiatrist explain Hatter's extreme punishment?
4. What weapon does Hatter use to injure Dr. Summer?
5. What information does Dr. Summer use to form his initial opinion of Hatter?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)