|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mango feel when she arrives to take Dr. Summer to the Reformatory the next morning?
(a) She appears happy and carefree.
(b) She appears sullen and withdrawn.
(c) She appears hurried and nervous.
(d) She appears angry with Dr. Summer.
2. Why does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He wants to know if the psychiatrist will allow him back, under any condition.
(b) He wants the psychiatrist to know how he feels about the Reformatory.
(c) He wants to know that Hatter will be cared for now that he is gone.
(d) He wants to come back and help Hatter, on one condition.
3. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
4. Where is the State Reformatory for Girls located?
(b) Santa Fe.
(d) El Paso.
5. What does Dr. Summer do when Hatter refuses to eat her lunch?
(a) He tries to force feed her.
(b) He threatens to leave her in the cell alone.
(c) He asks Claude to force feed her.
(d) He tells her she does not have to eat.
6. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
(a) Mango shares the rules with Dr. Summer.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Mango makes Dr. Summer's bed.
7. How does Hatter react to Dr. Summer when he offers her something to drink?
(a) She yells at him to leave her alone.
(b) She is completely unresponsive at first.
(c) She attacks him again.
(d) She listens and speaks to him softly.
8. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
(a) He is asked to leave for a few days by his boss.
(b) He is recovering after Hatter attacks him.
(c) He has to care for a sick family member.
(d) He is disturbed by the violence involved in his job.
9. What does Dr. Summer actually see outside in the facility courtyard?
(a) A girl trying to escape.
(b) All of these.
(c) Two men carrying a girl across the courtyard in the freezing rain.
(d) A girl locked in a pen in the freezing rain.
10. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer tells her his life story?
(a) She starts singing softly to herself.
(b) She puts her fingers in her ears to demonstrate her boredom.
(c) She asks him to leave.
(d) She turns away and refuses to look at Dr. Summer.
11. On what documents is the story based or built from?
(a) None of these.
(b) The clinic files on Hatter along with Dr. Summer's brief interactions with her.
(c) Dr. Summer's notebooks and notes on Hatter.
(d) Hatter's diary.
12. What is Hatter directing the other young people in the room to do while Dr. Summer is there?
(a) She has them in two single-file rows, marching.
(b) She has them doing a ritualistic dance.
(c) She has them in three single-file rows, marching in place.
(d) She has them in one line, jogging in place.
13. How does Dr. Summer describe the way Hatter is kept?
(a) All of these.
(b) She is confined to a hospital bed.
(c) In a windowless room.
(d) Her entire body is bound by leather straps.
14. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter before leaving?
(a) He does not understand how to help her.
(b) He has given up on her.
(c) Have someone call him if she wants to talk.
(d) None of these.
15. What does Dr. Summer offer Hatter in her cell?
(a) He offers her some juice.
(b) He offers her a cup of tea.
(c) He offers her some water.
(d) He offers her a cup of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters ask of Dr. Summer?
2. What does Dr. Summer do in Hatter's cell while she sleeps?
3. Who is the author of <i>Hatter Fox</i>?
4. Where is Hatter when Dr. Summer sees her?
5. What does Hatter do when Dr. Summer attempts to talk to her?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)