Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the psychiatrist explain Hatter's extreme punishment?
(a) All of these.
(b) She had slashed twelve mattresses the day before.
(c) She had injured another inmate.
(d) She had attempted to escape.
2. To what Indian tribe does Hatter Fox belong?
3. Who is the author of <i>Hatter Fox</i>?
(a) Marilyn Harris.
(b) Monte Harrell.
(c) Marilyn Harvey.
(d) Marilyn Hewlett.
4. What does Dr. Summer tell the Reformatory psychiatrist about Hatter Fox and Claude?
(a) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude are siblings.
(b) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter has been raped.
(c) Dr. Summer insinuates that Claude is beating Hatter for no reason.
(d) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude have a relationship.
5. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
(a) To see Hatter face-to-face.
(b) To press charges against Hatter.
(c) None of these.
(d) To check on Hatter's wounds and her progress.
6. From whose perspective is this story written?
(a) A narrator's point of view.
(b) Hatter Fox.
(c) Hatter's mother.
(d) Dr. Summer.
7. Where does Dr. Summer want to stay, if he comes back to the Reformatory?
(a) In the cell next to Hatter.
(b) At the local hotel.
(c) In Hatter's cell.
(d) In the guest cottage.
8. What does Mango show Dr. Summer in his cottage?
(a) The necklace her mother gave her.
(b) The bruises one of the guards inflicted on her.
(c) A scar from her childhood.
(d) A scar from a slash Hatter inflicted on her.
9. What does Dr. Summer receive when he gets back?
(a) Letters from the police chief.
(b) Letters from the local jail.
(c) Letters from the State Reformatory for Girls.
(d) Letters from Hatter's parents.
10. When does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
(a) A cold December afternoon.
(b) A windy November day.
(c) A cold December morning.
(d) A clear January morning.
11. Why does Dr. Summer beg Hatter to eat lunch in her cell?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) He is afraid she is trying to starve herself.
(d) He is afraid she will not be brought food after he leaves.
12. What weapon does Hatter use to injure Dr. Summer?
(a) A pen.
(b) A syringe.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A knife.
13. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
(a) He has to care for a sick family member.
(b) He is asked to leave for a few days by his boss.
(c) He is recovering after Hatter attacks him.
(d) He is disturbed by the violence involved in his job.
14. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer is attempting to leave?
(a) All of these.
(b) She claws his face.
(c) She jumps on him, gripping him with her legs so he cannot leave.
(d) She jumps on his back.
15. Who believes putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
(a) The head of the reformatory.
(b) Dr. Levering.
(c) Dr. Summer.
(d) The guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
2. Why does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
3. What does Hatter refuse to wear?
4. What is the name of the psychiatrist who has asked for Dr. Summer's help?
5. Why does Dr. Summer choose to stay where he does at the Reformatory?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)