|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what documents is the story based or built from?
(a) None of these.
(b) Dr. Summer's notebooks and notes on Hatter.
(c) Hatter's diary.
(d) The clinic files on Hatter along with Dr. Summer's brief interactions with her.
2. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
(a) None of these.
(b) To see Hatter face-to-face.
(c) To check on Hatter's wounds and her progress.
(d) To press charges against Hatter.
3. Who summons Mango to help Dr. Summer settle into his new cottage?
(a) Dr. Levory.
(b) Dr. Levering.
(c) Dr. Levitt.
(d) Dr. Winton.
4. Where does Dr. Summer decide to spend some time a few days after he speaks to Hatter?
(a) Los Angeles.
5. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
(a) Mango shares the rules with Dr. Summer.
(b) Mango makes Dr. Summer's bed.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
6. When does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
(a) A cold December afternoon.
(b) A windy November day.
(c) A cold December morning.
(d) A clear January morning.
7. Why does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He wants to come back and help Hatter, on one condition.
(b) He wants to know that Hatter will be cared for now that he is gone.
(c) He wants the psychiatrist to know how he feels about the Reformatory.
(d) He wants to know if the psychiatrist will allow him back, under any condition.
8. Where does Dr. Summer meet Hatter?
(a) At a local jail.
(b) In a group home.
(c) In the medical clinic.
(d) None of these.
9. What does Hatter do to Dr. Summer during their first meeting?
(a) She refuses to let him treat her.
(b) She sits in silence, as though she is in a coma.
(c) She attacks him when his back is turned.
(d) She yells and fights with him, ultimately attacking him.
10. What leads Dr. Summer to believe that Hatter has been sexually assaulted while in solitary confinement?
(a) All of these.
(b) Bruises in her groin area.
(c) Claude's leering statements.
(d) Lacerations on her breasts.
11. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He is in a bar.
(b) He is at a friend's house.
(c) He is at home.
(d) He is in a restaurant.
12. What does Dr. Summer learn when he returns to the Reformatory?
(a) Hatter is still refusing to cooperate or speak.
(b) Hatter is asking for Dr. Summer.
(c) Hatter is being transferred to the state hospital.
(d) Hatter's sentence at the Reformatory has been extended.
13. What does Dr. Summer tell the Reformatory psychiatrist about Hatter Fox and Claude?
(a) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude are siblings.
(b) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude have a relationship.
(c) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter has been raped.
(d) Dr. Summer insinuates that Claude is beating Hatter for no reason.
14. In what city does Dr. Summer work when he meets Hatter?
(a) Phoenix, AZ.
(b) Albuquerque, NM.
(c) El Paso, TX.
(d) Santa Fe, NM.
15. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the psychiatrist who has asked for Dr. Summer's help?
2. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer is attempting to leave?
3. What risks does Dr. Summer take when talking with Hatter?
4. Why is the psychiatrist disappointed by Dr. Summer?
5. What does Dr. Summer say the state facility where Hatter is smells like?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)