|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hatter react to Dr. Summer when he offers her something to drink?
(a) She yells at him to leave her alone.
(b) She is completely unresponsive at first.
(c) She attacks him again.
(d) She listens and speaks to him softly.
2. During what time period does this story take place?
(a) The early 1970s.
(b) The early 1980s.
(c) The mid 1960s.
(d) The late 1980s.
3. What does Dr. Summer do when Hatter refuses to eat her lunch?
(a) He tells her she does not have to eat.
(b) He threatens to leave her in the cell alone.
(c) He asks Claude to force feed her.
(d) He tries to force feed her.
4. When does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He calls the psychiatrist the next evening.
(b) He calls the psychiatrist a couple of days later.
(c) He calls the psychiatrist the next morning.
(d) He calls the psychiatrist later that same night.
5. Why does Dr. Summer choose to stay where he does at the Reformatory?
(a) None of these.
(b) So he can build Hatter's trust.
(c) To cause as little trouble as possible.
(d) So he has somewhere to take Hatter away from the Reformatory.
6. What year does Dr. Summer meet Hatter Fox?
7. What does the head of the reformatory offer Dr. Summer to help in Hatter's treatment?
(a) He offers to pay for Dr. Summer's hotel.
(b) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a renovated cell area.
(c) He offers to move Hatter into an area with Dr. Summer.
(d) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a guesthouse at the facility.
8. Where is Hatter when Dr. Summer sees her?
(a) In the police chief's office.
(b) In the jail common room.
(c) None of these.
(d) In her cell, lying stiffly under her blanket.
9. Why does Dr. Summer withdraw his offer to stay and help Hatter?
(a) He is fed up with the bureaucratic rules of the Reformatory.
(b) He has a fight with Claude.
(c) He is concerned that Hatter will attack him again.
(d) He feels that he cannot help her if she will not communicate with him.
10. Why is Hatter restrained in her cell?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) She tried to attack a guard.
(d) She wanted to sleep on the floor, which is against the rules.
11. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
12. Who summons Mango to help Dr. Summer settle into his new cottage?
(a) Dr. Levitt.
(b) Dr. Levering.
(c) Dr. Levory.
(d) Dr. Winton.
13. In what city does Dr. Summer work when he meets Hatter?
(a) Albuquerque, NM.
(b) Santa Fe, NM.
(c) Phoenix, AZ.
(d) El Paso, TX.
14. How does Dr. Summer describe the way Hatter is kept?
(a) She is confined to a hospital bed.
(b) In a windowless room.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her entire body is bound by leather straps.
15. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what documents is the story based or built from?
2. What does Dr. Summer say the state facility where Hatter is smells like?
3. Where does Dr. Summer become a doctor when he first meets Hatter?
4. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
5. What weapon does Hatter use to injure Dr. Summer?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)