|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of <i>Hatter Fox</i>?
(a) Marilyn Harvey.
(b) Monte Harrell.
(c) Marilyn Harris.
(d) Marilyn Hewlett.
2. What does Dr. Summer actually see outside in the facility courtyard?
(a) A girl locked in a pen in the freezing rain.
(b) All of these.
(c) A girl trying to escape.
(d) Two men carrying a girl across the courtyard in the freezing rain.
3. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He is at a friend's house.
(b) He is in a restaurant.
(c) He is in a bar.
(d) He is at home.
4. How does Dr. Summer describe the way Hatter is kept?
(a) All of these.
(b) In a windowless room.
(c) Her entire body is bound by leather straps.
(d) She is confined to a hospital bed.
5. Who summons Mango to help Dr. Summer settle into his new cottage?
(a) Dr. Winton.
(b) Dr. Levitt.
(c) Dr. Levering.
(d) Dr. Levory.
6. From whose perspective is this story written?
(a) Hatter's mother.
(b) Hatter Fox.
(c) A narrator's point of view.
(d) Dr. Summer.
7. To what Indian tribe does Hatter Fox belong?
8. How does Mango feel when she arrives to take Dr. Summer to the Reformatory the next morning?
(a) She appears hurried and nervous.
(b) She appears sullen and withdrawn.
(c) She appears angry with Dr. Summer.
(d) She appears happy and carefree.
9. Why does the psychiatrist say it is pointless for Dr. Summer to see Hatter?
(a) None of these.
(b) Because she refuses to speak to anyone.
(c) Because he does not know her.
(d) Because she has already injured him once.
10. Where does Hatter injure Dr. Summer?
(a) She stabs him in the back.
(b) She hits him in the head with the pipe.
(c) She sticks him in the leg with the syringe.
(d) She jabs him in the hand with the pen.
11. What does Dr. Summer tell the Reformatory psychiatrist about Hatter Fox and Claude?
(a) Dr. Summer insinuates that Claude is beating Hatter for no reason.
(b) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude have a relationship.
(c) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter has been raped.
(d) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude are siblings.
12. Who believes putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
(a) The guards.
(b) Dr. Summer.
(c) The head of the reformatory.
(d) Dr. Levering.
13. What does Dr. Summer request for Hatter after lunchtime?
(a) A clean dress.
(b) Warm water.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
14. What does Dr. Summer see when he looks up from the floor?
(a) Hatter coming at him again.
(b) The world swirling around him.
(c) Hatter screaming.
(d) Hatter's smiling face.
15. During what time period does this story take place?
(a) The early 1970s.
(b) The early 1980s.
(c) The late 1980s.
(d) The mid 1960s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer withdraw his offer to stay and help Hatter?
2. What does Dr. Summer encounter before he finds the psychiatrists office?
3. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
4. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter before leaving?
5. What does the Reformatory psychiatrist tell Dr. Summer is the only way Hatter will leave the basement early?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)