|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Dr. Summer return to the Reformatory?
(a) Two o'clock in the afternoon.
(b) 11 o'clock in the morning.
(d) 8 o'clock in the morning.
2. How does Mango feel when she arrives to take Dr. Summer to the Reformatory the next morning?
(a) She appears happy and carefree.
(b) She appears hurried and nervous.
(c) She appears angry with Dr. Summer.
(d) She appears sullen and withdrawn.
3. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
4. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
5. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
(a) To check on Hatter's wounds and her progress.
(b) To press charges against Hatter.
(c) None of these.
(d) To see Hatter face-to-face.
6. What does Dr. Summer bring with him when he returns to the Reformatory?
(a) All of these.
(b) A plastic comb, brush, and mirror set for Hatter.
(c) Girlie magazines for Claude and his colleagues.
(d) A carton of cigarettes for Mango.
7. What does Dr. Summer encounter before he finds the psychiatrists office?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Mazes of hallways.
(c) None of these.
(d) Sullen guards.
8. Where is Hatter kept at the Reformatory?
(a) None of these.
(b) In a community cell with three other girls.
(c) In a shared cell with another juvenile delinquent.
(d) The sub-basement in an isolation cell.
9. Where does Dr. Summer go after leaving the Reformatory?
(a) He checks into the local hotel.
(b) He drives around trying to figure out what to do.
(c) He returns to Santa Fe.
(d) He goes back to his friend's house.
10. What does Dr. Summer request for Hatter after lunchtime?
(a) Warm water.
(b) A clean dress.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
11. What does Dr. Summer tell the Reformatory psychiatrist about Hatter Fox and Claude?
(a) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude are siblings.
(b) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter has been raped.
(c) Dr. Summer insinuates that Claude is beating Hatter for no reason.
(d) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude have a relationship.
12. What causes Dr. Summer not to return to Santa Fe?
(a) An ice storm.
(b) Hatter attempts escape again.
(c) Hatter gets into a fight.
(d) His car breaks down.
13. What do the letters ask of Dr. Summer?
(a) Dr. Summer is asked to drop the charges against Hatter Fox.
(b) Dr. Summer is asked to help Hatter Fox.
(c) Dr. Summer is asked to be the State Reformatory's doctor.
(d) Dr. Summer is asked to do an evaluation of Hatter Fox for a case against her.
14. To what Indian tribe does Hatter Fox belong?
15. Why is Hatter restrained in her cell?
(a) She tried to attack a guard.
(b) She wanted to sleep on the floor, which is against the rules.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer see when he looks up from the floor?
2. Where does Dr. Summer want to stay, if he comes back to the Reformatory?
3. Who is the author of <i>Hatter Fox</i>?
4. What fuels Dr. Summer's renewed drive to reach Hatter?
5. On what condition does the Reformatory psychiatrist agree to let Dr. Summer return and stay where he wishes?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)