Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
2. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
3. Who does Dr. Summer stay with while he is gone?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) His brother.
(c) An artist friend.
(d) His mother.
4. When does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
(a) A clear January morning.
(b) A windy November day.
(c) A cold December morning.
(d) A cold December afternoon.
5. In what city does Dr. Summer work when he meets Hatter?
(a) El Paso, TX.
(b) Albuquerque, NM.
(c) Phoenix, AZ.
(d) Santa Fe, NM.
6. How does the psychiatrist explain Hatter's extreme punishment?
(a) All of these.
(b) She had slashed twelve mattresses the day before.
(c) She had injured another inmate.
(d) She had attempted to escape.
7. When does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He calls the psychiatrist later that same night.
(b) He calls the psychiatrist the next evening.
(c) He calls the psychiatrist the next morning.
(d) He calls the psychiatrist a couple of days later.
8. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He is in a bar.
(b) He is at a friend's house.
(c) He is at home.
(d) He is in a restaurant.
9. What does Dr. Summer actually see outside in the facility courtyard?
(a) All of these.
(b) A girl trying to escape.
(c) Two men carrying a girl across the courtyard in the freezing rain.
(d) A girl locked in a pen in the freezing rain.
10. Who believes putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
(a) Dr. Levering.
(b) The guards.
(c) The head of the reformatory.
(d) Dr. Summer.
11. From whose perspective is this story written?
(a) Hatter Fox.
(b) Dr. Summer.
(c) Hatter's mother.
(d) A narrator's point of view.
12. How does Dr. Summer find Hatter in her cell?
(a) She is in a straight jacket.
(b) She is standing in the corner with her wrists chained together.
(c) She is chained to her cot.
(d) She is chained to the wall.
13. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
(a) Mango makes Dr. Summer's bed.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Mango shares the rules with Dr. Summer.
14. What does Dr. Summer believe is killing Hatter Fox?
(a) Claude's abuse.
(b) The psychiatrist's ignorance.
(c) All of these.
(d) The bureaucratic rules of the Reformatory.
15. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
(a) None of these.
(b) To press charges against Hatter.
(c) To see Hatter face-to-face.
(d) To check on Hatter's wounds and her progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Dr. Summer meet Hatter Fox?
2. Why is it thought that putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
3. Why does Dr. Summer withdraw his offer to stay and help Hatter?
4. What does Mango show Dr. Summer in his cottage?
5. What fuels Dr. Summer's renewed drive to reach Hatter?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)