|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He calls the psychiatrist a couple of days later.
(b) He calls the psychiatrist the next evening.
(c) He calls the psychiatrist the next morning.
(d) He calls the psychiatrist later that same night.
2. How does Mango feel when she arrives to take Dr. Summer to the Reformatory the next morning?
(a) She appears hurried and nervous.
(b) She appears sullen and withdrawn.
(c) She appears happy and carefree.
(d) She appears angry with Dr. Summer.
3. On what documents is the story based or built from?
(a) Hatter's diary.
(b) The clinic files on Hatter along with Dr. Summer's brief interactions with her.
(c) Dr. Summer's notebooks and notes on Hatter.
(d) None of these.
4. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He is in a bar.
(b) He is at home.
(c) He is in a restaurant.
(d) He is at a friend's house.
5. What does Hatter do when Dr. Summer attempts to talk to her?
(a) She cries and apologizes.
(b) She confides in him.
(c) She refuses to speak to him at all.
(d) She chants in a low voice.
6. Why does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
(a) To pursue the charges filed against Hatter.
(b) To get Hatter and bring her back to the State Reformatory for Girls.
(c) To speak with the Police Chief who wrote him.
(d) In response to the letters from the State Reformatory for Girls.
7. When does the psychiatrist say Dr. Summer can see Hatter?
(a) The next day.
(b) That afternoon.
(c) The following week.
(d) He says Dr. Summer cannot see Hatter.
8. Why is the psychiatrist disappointed by Dr. Summer?
(a) Dr. Summer's only interaction with Hatter was when she stabbed him.
(b) He thought Dr. Summer knew Hatter better.
(c) He was hoping to get more information from Dr. Summer on Hatter.
(d) All of these.
9. Where does Dr. Summer decide to spend some time a few days after he speaks to Hatter?
(b) Los Angeles.
10. Who summons Mango to help Dr. Summer settle into his new cottage?
(a) Dr. Levering.
(b) Dr. Winton.
(c) Dr. Levory.
(d) Dr. Levitt.
11. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Mango shares the rules with Dr. Summer.
(d) Mango makes Dr. Summer's bed.
12. What does the head of the reformatory offer Dr. Summer to help in Hatter's treatment?
(a) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a guesthouse at the facility.
(b) He offers to move Hatter into an area with Dr. Summer.
(c) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a renovated cell area.
(d) He offers to pay for Dr. Summer's hotel.
13. On what condition does the Reformatory psychiatrist agree to let Dr. Summer return and stay where he wishes?
(a) That Dr. Summer takes full responsibility for Hatter's reform.
(b) That Dr. Summer work closely with him on Hatter's reform.
(c) That Dr. Summer takes responsibility for his own safety.
(d) That Dr. Summer no longer fights with the guards or inmates.
14. How does Dr. Summer describe the way Hatter is kept?
(a) All of these.
(b) In a windowless room.
(c) Her entire body is bound by leather straps.
(d) She is confined to a hospital bed.
15. Where is Hatter kept at the Reformatory?
(a) In a community cell with three other girls.
(b) The sub-basement in an isolation cell.
(c) None of these.
(d) In a shared cell with another juvenile delinquent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer withdraw his offer to stay and help Hatter?
2. What does Dr. Summer receive when he gets back?
3. Why does the psychiatrist say it is pointless for Dr. Summer to see Hatter?
4. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
5. What information does Dr. Summer use to form his initial opinion of Hatter?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)