|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what documents is the story based or built from?
(a) The clinic files on Hatter along with Dr. Summer's brief interactions with her.
(b) None of these.
(c) Dr. Summer's notebooks and notes on Hatter.
(d) Hatter's diary.
2. How does Mango feel when she arrives to take Dr. Summer to the Reformatory the next morning?
(a) She appears angry with Dr. Summer.
(b) She appears sullen and withdrawn.
(c) She appears hurried and nervous.
(d) She appears happy and carefree.
3. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
(a) He is recovering after Hatter attacks him.
(b) He is disturbed by the violence involved in his job.
(c) He has to care for a sick family member.
(d) He is asked to leave for a few days by his boss.
4. To what Indian tribe does Hatter Fox belong?
5. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer tells her his life story?
(a) She turns away and refuses to look at Dr. Summer.
(b) She puts her fingers in her ears to demonstrate her boredom.
(c) She starts singing softly to herself.
(d) She asks him to leave.
6. What does Dr. Summer offer Hatter in her cell?
(a) He offers her some juice.
(b) He offers her a cup of tea.
(c) He offers her some water.
(d) He offers her a cup of coffee.
7. Who summons Mango to help Dr. Summer settle into his new cottage?
(a) Dr. Levory.
(b) Dr. Levitt.
(c) Dr. Levering.
(d) Dr. Winton.
8. What fuels Dr. Summer's renewed drive to reach Hatter?
(a) All of these.
(b) His faith that she can be reached.
(c) The disgust the psychiatrist has for Hatter.
(d) The head of the reformatory's blast attitude toward Hatter.
9. What causes Dr. Summer not to return to Santa Fe?
(a) An ice storm.
(b) His car breaks down.
(c) Hatter gets into a fight.
(d) Hatter attempts escape again.
10. What does Dr. Summer encounter before he finds the psychiatrists office?
(a) None of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Sullen guards.
(d) Mazes of hallways.
11. During what time period does this story take place?
(a) The early 1970s.
(b) The early 1980s.
(c) The late 1980s.
(d) The mid 1960s.
12. What does Hatter refuse to wear?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her prison dress.
(c) Her prison number.
(d) Her shoes.
13. What does Dr. Summer believe is killing Hatter Fox?
(a) The psychiatrist's ignorance.
(b) Claude's abuse.
(c) All of these.
(d) The bureaucratic rules of the Reformatory.
14. What does Dr. Summer do in Hatter's cell while she sleeps?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Watches her sleep.
(c) Paces the floor.
(d) Neither of these.
15. What does Dr. Summer request for Hatter after lunchtime?
(a) A clean dress.
(b) Warm water.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer say the state facility where Hatter is smells like?
2. How does Dr. Summer describe the way Hatter is kept?
3. On what condition does the Reformatory psychiatrist agree to let Dr. Summer return and stay where he wishes?
4. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
5. What time does Dr. Summer return to the Reformatory?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)