|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Summer stay with while he is gone?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) An artist friend.
2. Why is Hatter restrained in her cell?
(a) Both of these.
(b) She wanted to sleep on the floor, which is against the rules.
(c) She tried to attack a guard.
(d) Neither of these.
3. During what time period does this story take place?
(a) The late 1980s.
(b) The mid 1960s.
(c) The early 1980s.
(d) The early 1970s.
4. Who is the author of <i>Hatter Fox</i>?
(a) Marilyn Harvey.
(b) Marilyn Harris.
(c) Marilyn Hewlett.
(d) Monte Harrell.
5. What is Hatter directing the other young people in the room to do while Dr. Summer is there?
(a) She has them in one line, jogging in place.
(b) She has them in three single-file rows, marching in place.
(c) She has them doing a ritualistic dance.
(d) She has them in two single-file rows, marching.
6. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer is attempting to leave?
(a) She jumps on his back.
(b) All of these.
(c) She jumps on him, gripping him with her legs so he cannot leave.
(d) She claws his face.
7. What year does Dr. Summer meet Hatter Fox?
8. Why is it thought that putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
(a) Because it is humiliating.
(b) Because it makes them very upset.
(c) Because it separates the girls from the rest of the group.
(d) Because it is painful.
9. In what city does Dr. Summer work when he meets Hatter?
(a) Phoenix, AZ.
(b) El Paso, TX.
(c) Albuquerque, NM.
(d) Santa Fe, NM.
10. Why does Dr. Summer choose to stay where he does at the Reformatory?
(a) To cause as little trouble as possible.
(b) None of these.
(c) So he has somewhere to take Hatter away from the Reformatory.
(d) So he can build Hatter's trust.
11. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
12. Who summons Mango to help Dr. Summer settle into his new cottage?
(a) Dr. Winton.
(b) Dr. Levitt.
(c) Dr. Levering.
(d) Dr. Levory.
13. What does the head of the reformatory offer Dr. Summer to help in Hatter's treatment?
(a) He offers to move Hatter into an area with Dr. Summer.
(b) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a renovated cell area.
(c) He offers to pay for Dr. Summer's hotel.
(d) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a guesthouse at the facility.
14. What does Dr. Summer do in Hatter's cell while she sleeps?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Watches her sleep.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Paces the floor.
15. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Mango shares the rules with Dr. Summer.
(c) Mango makes Dr. Summer's bed.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose perspective is this story written?
2. Where does Hatter injure Dr. Summer?
3. Why does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
4. What does Dr. Summer bring with him when he returns to the Reformatory?
5. Where is Hatter when Dr. Summer sees her?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)