|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the letters ask of Dr. Summer?
(a) Dr. Summer is asked to be the State Reformatory's doctor.
(b) Dr. Summer is asked to drop the charges against Hatter Fox.
(c) Dr. Summer is asked to help Hatter Fox.
(d) Dr. Summer is asked to do an evaluation of Hatter Fox for a case against her.
2. Why is Hatter restrained in her cell?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) She tried to attack a guard.
(d) She wanted to sleep on the floor, which is against the rules.
3. How does Dr. Summer describe the way Hatter is kept?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her entire body is bound by leather straps.
(c) In a windowless room.
(d) She is confined to a hospital bed.
4. What does Dr. Summer offer Hatter in her cell?
(a) He offers her some water.
(b) He offers her a cup of coffee.
(c) He offers her a cup of tea.
(d) He offers her some juice.
5. What does Dr. Summer believe is killing Hatter Fox?
(a) The psychiatrist's ignorance.
(b) Claude's abuse.
(c) The bureaucratic rules of the Reformatory.
(d) All of these.
6. What leads Dr. Summer to believe that Hatter has been sexually assaulted while in solitary confinement?
(a) All of these.
(b) Bruises in her groin area.
(c) Claude's leering statements.
(d) Lacerations on her breasts.
7. What is the name of the head of the Reformatory?
(a) Dr. George Washington.
(b) Dr. Thomas Levering.
(c) Dr. George Winton.
(d) Dr. Tanya Levory
8. What does Hatter do when Dr. Summer attempts to talk to her?
(a) She chants in a low voice.
(b) She confides in him.
(c) She refuses to speak to him at all.
(d) She cries and apologizes.
9. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
(a) He is asked to leave for a few days by his boss.
(b) He has to care for a sick family member.
(c) He is recovering after Hatter attacks him.
(d) He is disturbed by the violence involved in his job.
10. What fuels Dr. Summer's renewed drive to reach Hatter?
(a) The head of the reformatory's blast attitude toward Hatter.
(b) The disgust the psychiatrist has for Hatter.
(c) All of these.
(d) His faith that she can be reached.
11. Where does Dr. Summer go after leaving the Reformatory?
(a) He returns to Santa Fe.
(b) He checks into the local hotel.
(c) He goes back to his friend's house.
(d) He drives around trying to figure out what to do.
12. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He is at a friend's house.
(b) He is in a bar.
(c) He is in a restaurant.
(d) He is at home.
13. Where does Dr. Summer decide to spend some time a few days after he speaks to Hatter?
(a) Los Angeles.
14. To what Indian tribe does Hatter Fox belong?
15. Why is the psychiatrist disappointed by Dr. Summer?
(a) All of these.
(b) He thought Dr. Summer knew Hatter better.
(c) He was hoping to get more information from Dr. Summer on Hatter.
(d) Dr. Summer's only interaction with Hatter was when she stabbed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hatter react to Dr. Summer treating her skin abrasions?
2. What does Dr. Summer see when he looks up from the floor?
3. Where is the State Reformatory for Girls located?
4. On what condition does the Reformatory psychiatrist agree to let Dr. Summer return and stay where he wishes?
5. Why does Dr. Summer beg Hatter to eat lunch in her cell?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)