|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hatter's Release.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer know he will return to the Reformatory?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Because his home is lonely.
(c) Because there are people there who need him.
(d) Neither of these.
2. Who takes Hatter to his home in the woods?
(a) A shepherd boy.
(b) None of these.
(c) A goat herder.
(d) A farmer.
3. Why is it thought that putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
(a) Because it makes them very upset.
(b) Because it is humiliating.
(c) Because it is painful.
(d) Because it separates the girls from the rest of the group.
4. Why does Claude strap Hatter to the hospital bed the morning after Dr. Summer returns?
(a) She did not eat enough the day before to warrant bypassing being fed intravenously.
(b) She attacked him when he brought her breakfast.
(c) He does not give a reason for this treatment.
(d) She attempted to escape during the night.
5. Why does Dr. Summer withdraw his offer to stay and help Hatter?
(a) He is fed up with the bureaucratic rules of the Reformatory.
(b) He feels that he cannot help her if she will not communicate with him.
(c) He is concerned that Hatter will attack him again.
(d) He has a fight with Claude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Mango to help Dr. Summer settle into his new cottage?
2. Where is Hatter kept at the Reformatory?
3. How does Dr. Summer feel once he returns home?
4. What time in the evening does Dr. Summer realize Hatter has not returned from dinner?
5. Where does Hatter find her first job?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)