|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hatter's Release.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Summer want to stay, if he comes back to the Reformatory?
(a) In the cell next to Hatter.
(b) In Hatter's cell.
(c) In the guest cottage.
(d) At the local hotel.
2. What risks does Dr. Summer take when talking with Hatter?
(a) He asks to be alone with her.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) He undoes the straps that hold her to the bed.
(d) Both of these.
3. Where does Hatter find her first job?
(a) In a tourist shop.
(b) In an Indian museum.
(c) At a novelty store.
(d) In a grocery store.
4. Why does Dr. Summer withdraw his offer to stay and help Hatter?
(a) He has a fight with Claude.
(b) He is concerned that Hatter will attack him again.
(c) He feels that he cannot help her if she will not communicate with him.
(d) He is fed up with the bureaucratic rules of the Reformatory.
5. Why did Rhinehart come to Arizona?
(a) To care for the terminally ill poor.
(b) To care for a terminally ill, wealthy patient.
(c) To be the private nurse of a wealthy patient who died unexpectedly.
(d) To care for elderly persons without families.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Rhinehart when she ran away from school?
2. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
3. Why is Hatter so happy the day she and Dr. Summer meet for lunch in the final chapter?
4. Who asked Hatter to leave the area previously?
5. What does Hatter do to Dr. Summer during their first meeting?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)