|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hatter's Release.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
(a) To pursue the charges filed against Hatter.
(b) To speak with the Police Chief who wrote him.
(c) In response to the letters from the State Reformatory for Girls.
(d) To get Hatter and bring her back to the State Reformatory for Girls.
2. What does the Reformatory psychiatrist tell Dr. Summer is the only way Hatter will leave the basement early?
(a) If she is sick enough to go to the infirmary.
(b) If she is transferred to the state hospital.
(c) If she starts speaking and eating.
(d) She will never leave the basement early.
3. Whose attention does the new efficiency of the infirmary gain?
(a) The inmates.
(b) Other Reformatories.
(c) The State Hospital.
(d) The administration.
4. When does Dr. Summer promise to return to the Reformatory when he leaves to check on his home?
(a) The next day.
(b) The following week.
(c) As soon as he can.
(d) Later that same day.
5. What does Dr. Summer help Rhinehart treat in the infirmary?
(b) All of these.
(c) Minor illnesses.
(d) Menstrual cramps.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what documents is the story based or built from?
2. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
3. What date does Dr. Summer plan to return home to Santa Fe?
4. Why is Dr. Summer outraged at the attack on Hatter in the chapter, "Hatter's Release"?
5. What fuels Dr. Summer's renewed drive to reach Hatter?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)