|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hatter's History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fuels Dr. Summer's renewed drive to reach Hatter?
(a) The head of the reformatory's blast attitude toward Hatter.
(b) The disgust the psychiatrist has for Hatter.
(c) His faith that she can be reached.
(d) All of these.
2. Why does Dr. Summer want to keep his return quiet?
(a) So that Hatter will not know he has returned.
(b) Because he is embarrassed about having left in the first place.
(c) So that the head of the Reformatory will not know he is back.
(d) So the other girls will not make trouble over his attention to Hatter.
3. Why does the Indian woman in Dr. Summer's story die?
(a) All of these.
(b) Out of embarrassment.
(c) Her husband died.
(d) Out of grief.
4. What does Rhinehart give to Hatter after dinner?
(a) Some headbands and a bracelet of terra cotta beads.
(b) Some barrettes and a simple gold chain necklace.
(c) Some hair ribbons and a necklace of terra cotta beads.
(d) Some hair ribbons and a new watch.
5. Why does Dr. Summer know he will return to the Reformatory?
(a) Because there are people there who need him.
(b) Because his home is lonely.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is working in the infirmary with Dr. Summer and Rhinehart?
2. What does Dr. Summer tell the Reformatory psychiatrist about Hatter Fox and Claude?
3. What does Dr. Summer request for Hatter after lunchtime?
4. Where does Dr. Summer take Hatter for lunch in the chapter, "Hatter's History"?
5. Who was Hatter left with as a small child?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)