|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Settling In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rhinehart give to Hatter after dinner?
(a) Some hair ribbons and a new watch.
(b) Some headbands and a bracelet of terra cotta beads.
(c) Some hair ribbons and a necklace of terra cotta beads.
(d) Some barrettes and a simple gold chain necklace.
2. What risks does Dr. Summer take when talking with Hatter?
(a) He asks to be alone with her.
(b) He undoes the straps that hold her to the bed.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. What fuels Dr. Summer's renewed drive to reach Hatter?
(a) The disgust the psychiatrist has for Hatter.
(b) The head of the reformatory's blast attitude toward Hatter.
(c) His faith that she can be reached.
(d) All of these.
4. Where did Rhinehart grow up?
(c) New Jersey.
5. What does Hatter do to Dr. Summer during their first meeting?
(a) She yells and fights with him, ultimately attacking him.
(b) She attacks him when his back is turned.
(c) She refuses to let him treat her.
(d) She sits in silence, as though she is in a coma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Dr. Summer not to return to Santa Fe?
2. Why does the Indian woman in Dr. Summer's story die?
3. Why does Dr. Summer want to keep his return quiet?
4. Where is Dr. Summer when he calls the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
5. In what city does Dr. Summer work when he meets Hatter?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)