|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Settling In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer know he will return to the Reformatory?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Because his home is lonely.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Because there are people there who need him.
2. What upsets Hatter while she, Dr. Summer, and Rhinehart are talking in the chapter "Settling In"?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Rhinehart makes a terrible comment about Hatter looking "almost human."
(d) Dr. Summer urges her to remember any possible details from her past.
3. What causes Dr. Summer to panic when he returns to the reformatory?
(a) Hatter has been in a fight with some of the other girls.
(b) Hatter is missing from her room.
(c) Hatter has been in a fight with Rhinehart.
(d) He finds out Hatter is chained to a bed in solitary confinement.
4. What does Mango show Dr. Summer in his cottage?
(a) A scar from a slash Hatter inflicted on her.
(b) A scar from her childhood.
(c) The necklace her mother gave her.
(d) The bruises one of the guards inflicted on her.
5. What does the Reformatory psychiatrist tell Dr. Summer is the only way Hatter will leave the basement early?
(a) She will never leave the basement early.
(b) If she is sick enough to go to the infirmary.
(c) If she starts speaking and eating.
(d) If she is transferred to the state hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of <i>Hatter Fox</i>?
2. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
3. How does Hatter react when Dr. Summer asks her to eat after releasing her from the hospital bed?
4. On what documents is the story based or built from?
5. What does Dr. Summer say the state facility where Hatter is smells like?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)