|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Settling In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hatter surprise Dr. Summer during the night he returns?
(a) None of these.
(b) She does not move, but quietly thanks him for returning.
(c) She suddenly rises and announces she needs to use the bathroom.
(d) She suddenly rises and threatens to hurt him again if he does not leave.
2. What does Hatter do to Dr. Summer during their first meeting?
(a) She yells and fights with him, ultimately attacking him.
(b) She sits in silence, as though she is in a coma.
(c) She attacks him when his back is turned.
(d) She refuses to let him treat her.
3. What does Dr. Summer tell the Reformatory psychiatrist about Hatter Fox and Claude?
(a) Dr. Summer insinuates that Claude is beating Hatter for no reason.
(b) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter has been raped.
(c) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude have a relationship.
(d) Dr. Summer insinuates that Hatter and Claude are siblings.
4. Why did Rhinehart come to Arizona?
(a) To be the private nurse of a wealthy patient who died unexpectedly.
(b) To care for the terminally ill poor.
(c) To care for elderly persons without families.
(d) To care for a terminally ill, wealthy patient.
5. Where is the State Reformatory for Girls located?
(a) Santa Fe.
(c) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
2. Why does Claude strap Hatter to the hospital bed the morning after Dr. Summer returns?
3. What do the letters ask of Dr. Summer?
4. What does Hatter do as Dr. Summer tells her his life story?
5. What causes Dr. Summer to panic when he returns to the reformatory?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)