|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dr. Summer Moves In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In broad terms, what is this story about?
(a) All of the above.
2. How does the psychiatrist explain Hatter's extreme punishment?
(a) She had attempted to escape.
(b) She had slashed twelve mattresses the day before.
(c) All of these.
(d) She had injured another inmate.
3. What does Dr. Summer receive when he gets back?
(a) Letters from the police chief.
(b) Letters from the local jail.
(c) Letters from the State Reformatory for Girls.
(d) Letters from Hatter's parents.
4. What time does Dr. Summer return to the Reformatory?
(a) 8 o'clock in the morning.
(b) 11 o'clock in the morning.
(c) Two o'clock in the afternoon.
5. What weapon does Hatter use to injure Dr. Summer?
(a) A pen.
(b) A syringe.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer learn when he returns to the Reformatory?
2. Why is it thought that putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
3. What leads Dr. Summer to believe that Hatter has been sexually assaulted while in solitary confinement?
4. Where does Dr. Summer decide to spend some time a few days after he speaks to Hatter?
5. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)