|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Reformatory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hatter when Dr. Summer sees her?
(a) In the police chief's office.
(b) In the jail common room.
(c) In her cell, lying stiffly under her blanket.
(d) None of these.
2. How does the psychiatrist explain Hatter's extreme punishment?
(a) All of these.
(b) She had slashed twelve mattresses the day before.
(c) She had attempted to escape.
(d) She had injured another inmate.
3. During what time period does this story take place?
(a) The late 1980s.
(b) The early 1970s.
(c) The mid 1960s.
(d) The early 1980s.
4. What does Dr. Summer learn when he returns to the Reformatory?
(a) Hatter is being transferred to the state hospital.
(b) Hatter is asking for Dr. Summer.
(c) Hatter's sentence at the Reformatory has been extended.
(d) Hatter is still refusing to cooperate or speak.
5. How does Hatter react to Dr. Summer when he offers her something to drink?
(a) She is completely unresponsive at first.
(b) She attacks him again.
(c) She yells at him to leave her alone.
(d) She listens and speaks to him softly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hatter directing the other young people in the room to do while Dr. Summer is there?
2. What does Dr. Summer offer Hatter in her cell?
3. What time does Dr. Summer return to the Reformatory?
4. What does Hatter do when Dr. Summer attempts to talk to her?
5. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)