|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Reformatory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what time period does this story take place?
(a) The late 1980s.
(b) The early 1980s.
(c) The mid 1960s.
(d) The early 1970s.
2. How does the psychiatrist explain Hatter's extreme punishment?
(a) She had slashed twelve mattresses the day before.
(b) She had attempted to escape.
(c) She had injured another inmate.
(d) All of these.
3. Why is it thought that putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
(a) Because it is humiliating.
(b) Because it is painful.
(c) Because it makes them very upset.
(d) Because it separates the girls from the rest of the group.
4. What does Dr. Summer actually see outside in the facility courtyard?
(a) A girl trying to escape.
(b) All of these.
(c) A girl locked in a pen in the freezing rain.
(d) Two men carrying a girl across the courtyard in the freezing rain.
5. What does Dr. Summer say the state facility where Hatter is smells like?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Old coffee.
(d) Cleaning solutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Summer become a doctor when he first meets Hatter?
2. In broad terms, what is this story about?
3. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
4. What do the letters ask of Dr. Summer?
5. Who believes putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)