|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Encounter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Summer stay with while he is gone?
(a) His brother.
(b) An artist friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) A girlfriend.
2. Who is Dr. Summer called in to treat when he meets Hatter?
(a) Another girl who Hatter has injured in a fight.
(b) A boy who has slit his wrists.
(c) Hatter, who has been wounded in a fight.
(d) A girl who has slit her wrists.
3. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
(a) To see Hatter face-to-face.
(b) None of these.
(c) To check on Hatter's wounds and her progress.
(d) To press charges against Hatter.
4. What does Hatter refuse to wear?
(a) Her prison dress.
(b) Her prison number.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her shoes.
5. In broad terms, what is this story about?
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters ask of Dr. Summer?
2. In what city does Dr. Summer work when he meets Hatter?
3. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
4. Where is the State Reformatory for Girls located?
5. From whose perspective is this story written?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)