|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Encounter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the State Reformatory for Girls located?
(a) Santa Fe.
(c) El Paso.
2. What does Dr. Summer receive when he gets back?
(a) Letters from the local jail.
(b) Letters from the police chief.
(c) Letters from the State Reformatory for Girls.
(d) Letters from Hatter's parents.
3. Where is Hatter when Dr. Summer sees her?
(a) In the jail common room.
(b) In the police chief's office.
(c) In her cell, lying stiffly under her blanket.
(d) None of these.
4. What is Hatter directing the other young people in the room to do while Dr. Summer is there?
(a) She has them in one line, jogging in place.
(b) She has them doing a ritualistic dance.
(c) She has them in three single-file rows, marching in place.
(d) She has them in two single-file rows, marching.
5. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hatter do to Dr. Summer during their first meeting?
2. In broad terms, what is this story about?
3. During what time period does this story take place?
4. On what documents is the story based or built from?
5. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)