|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Encounter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hatter injure Dr. Summer?
(a) She hits him in the head with the pipe.
(b) She jabs him in the hand with the pen.
(c) She stabs him in the back.
(d) She sticks him in the leg with the syringe.
2. Who does Dr. Summer stay with while he is gone?
(a) An artist friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) His brother.
3. Why does Dr. Summer go to the jail after being released from the hospital?
(a) None of these.
(b) To see Hatter face-to-face.
(c) To check on Hatter's wounds and her progress.
(d) To press charges against Hatter.
4. What does Dr. Summer receive when he gets back?
(a) Letters from Hatter's parents.
(b) Letters from the State Reformatory for Girls.
(c) Letters from the local jail.
(d) Letters from the police chief.
5. In what city does Dr. Summer work when he meets Hatter?
(a) El Paso, TX.
(b) Santa Fe, NM.
(c) Phoenix, AZ.
(d) Albuquerque, NM.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
2. What information does Dr. Summer use to form his initial opinion of Hatter?
3. What is Hatter directing the other young people in the room to do while Dr. Summer is there?
4. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
5. Where is the State Reformatory for Girls located?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)