|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hatter's History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
(a) He has to care for a sick family member.
(b) He is recovering after Hatter attacks him.
(c) He is asked to leave for a few days by his boss.
(d) He is disturbed by the violence involved in his job.
2. What does Rhinehart tell Dr. Summer about the story he has just shared with Hatter?
(a) None of these.
(b) Hatter is being abused by Claude, and this is the story she has created in her head.
(c) Hatter believes a witch is making her sick.
(d) Hatter believes she has been poisoned by Claude.
3. What does Dr. Summer request for Hatter after lunchtime?
(a) A clean dress.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Warm water.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What does Dr. Summer say the Indian woman in his story taught him?
(a) The powerlessness of modern medicine.
(b) The power of love.
(c) The power of Indian culture and beliefs.
(d) That he still has much to learn about the Indian culture, because he is in way over his head.
5. Why does Dr. Summer know he will return to the Reformatory?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Because his home is lonely.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Because there are people there who need him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Summer want to stay, if he comes back to the Reformatory?
2. When does Dr. Summer really intend to return to the Reformatory after checking on his home?
3. What causes Dr. Summer not to return to Santa Fe?
4. Why does Dr. Summer withdraw his offer to stay and help Hatter?
5. How does Dr. Summer feel once he returns home?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)