|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Reformatory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose perspective is this story written?
(a) Hatter Fox.
(b) Hatter's mother.
(c) Dr. Summer.
(d) A narrator's point of view.
2. Where does Dr. Summer become a doctor when he first meets Hatter?
(a) The New Mexico Health Center.
(b) The Bureau of Indian Health.
(c) The Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(d) A free Indian Health Clinic.
3. How does the psychiatrist explain Hatter's extreme punishment?
(a) She had attempted to escape.
(b) She had slashed twelve mattresses the day before.
(c) She had injured another inmate.
(d) All of these.
4. What do the letters ask of Dr. Summer?
(a) Dr. Summer is asked to help Hatter Fox.
(b) Dr. Summer is asked to do an evaluation of Hatter Fox for a case against her.
(c) Dr. Summer is asked to be the State Reformatory's doctor.
(d) Dr. Summer is asked to drop the charges against Hatter Fox.
5. What information does Dr. Summer use to form his initial opinion of Hatter?
(a) What he hears from other people.
(b) Information from her parents.
(c) Her medical files.
(d) His first meeting with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer decide to leave for a few days?
2. What weapon does Hatter use to injure Dr. Summer?
3. What does the head of the reformatory offer Dr. Summer to help in Hatter's treatment?
4. Who believes putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
5. What is the name of the psychiatrist who has asked for Dr. Summer's help?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)