|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Reformatory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the head of the reformatory offer Dr. Summer to help in Hatter's treatment?
(a) He offers to pay for Dr. Summer's hotel.
(b) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a renovated cell area.
(c) He offers to let Dr. Summer stay in a guesthouse at the facility.
(d) He offers to move Hatter into an area with Dr. Summer.
2. How old is Hatter Fox at the beginning of the story?
3. What is Hatter directing the other young people in the room to do while Dr. Summer is there?
(a) She has them in three single-file rows, marching in place.
(b) She has them in two single-file rows, marching.
(c) She has them in one line, jogging in place.
(d) She has them doing a ritualistic dance.
4. Why does Hatter have an intravenous line?
(a) She has been ill.
(b) She cannot be released to eat.
(c) She refuses to eat.
(d) She has a wound that has become infected.
5. Why does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
(a) To pursue the charges filed against Hatter.
(b) To speak with the Police Chief who wrote him.
(c) To get Hatter and bring her back to the State Reformatory for Girls.
(d) In response to the letters from the State Reformatory for Girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer think he sees outside in the facility courtyard?
2. What does Dr. Summer receive when he gets back?
3. Where does Dr. Summer decide to spend some time a few days after he speaks to Hatter?
4. What seems to be the motivation behind the head of the reformatory helping Hatter?
5. How does Hatter react to Dr. Summer when he offers her something to drink?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)