|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dr. Summer Returns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hatter react to Rhinehart's story about Claude?
(a) She becomes frantic, and then passes out.
(b) She becomes frantic and tries to escape the infirmary.
(c) She calms down and falls asleep.
(d) She lashes out at Rhinehart and Dr. Summer.
2. When does the psychiatrist say Dr. Summer can see Hatter?
(a) He says Dr. Summer cannot see Hatter.
(b) That afternoon.
(c) The next day.
(d) The following week.
3. What is Hatter directing the other young people in the room to do while Dr. Summer is there?
(a) She has them in three single-file rows, marching in place.
(b) She has them in two single-file rows, marching.
(c) She has them doing a ritualistic dance.
(d) She has them in one line, jogging in place.
4. Why does Dr. Summer call the psychiatrist at the Reformatory?
(a) He wants to know if the psychiatrist will allow him back, under any condition.
(b) He wants the psychiatrist to know how he feels about the Reformatory.
(c) He wants to know that Hatter will be cared for now that he is gone.
(d) He wants to come back and help Hatter, on one condition.
5. What is Dr. Summer's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Summer tell Claude to open Hatter's door?
2. What does Mango do to help Dr. Summer get settled?
3. In broad terms, what is this story about?
4. How does Hatter treat Dr. Summer when she sees him upon his return?
5. How does Mango feel when she arrives to take Dr. Summer to the Reformatory the next morning?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)