|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hatter's History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Summer actually see outside in the facility courtyard?
(a) Two men carrying a girl across the courtyard in the freezing rain.
(b) All of these.
(c) A girl locked in a pen in the freezing rain.
(d) A girl trying to escape.
2. What does Dr. Summer realize about Hatter through the stories she tells?
(a) She has created an elaborate web of stories to protect herself.
(b) All of these.
(c) Hatter is not who Dr. Summer once thought she was.
(d) Hatter is caught between her Navajo heritage and the white world she is not equipped to function in.
3. Who believes putting the girls in the "dog house" is an effective punishment?
(a) The head of the reformatory.
(b) Dr. Summer.
(c) Dr. Levering.
(d) The guards.
4. Why does Dr. Summer travel to Albuquerque?
(a) To get Hatter and bring her back to the State Reformatory for Girls.
(b) In response to the letters from the State Reformatory for Girls.
(c) To pursue the charges filed against Hatter.
(d) To speak with the Police Chief who wrote him.
5. How does Dr. Summer get Claude to let him release Hatter from the hospital bed?
(a) He appeals to Claude's fear for his job.
(b) He tells him that a person can live by intravenous feeding for only a short time.
(c) All of these.
(d) He tells him that if Hatter is to live, she needs real food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is actually guilty of pushing someone off the cliff?
2. How does Claude react when Dr. Summer asks him to open the door?
3. What does Dr. Summer tell Hatter to do with the weapon she held over Mango in the middle of the night?
4. What does Dr. Summer say the Indian woman in his story taught him?
5. How does Hatter feel about Dr. Summer now that he has returned?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)