|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird does Brian spot near the lake?
2. What strange weather occurrence scared Brian?
3. Which best explains Brian's condition after he gets out of the plane?
4. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
5. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
2. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
3. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
4. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
5. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
6. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
7. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
8. How was Brian beginning to change?
9. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
10. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once the plane landed, Brian needed water to drink but was reluctant to drink the water out of the lake. Besides the presence of the dead pilot, what other reasons did Brian have for being hesitant? Were they valid reasons? What would you have done?
Essay Topic 2
Brian often referred to educational and nature TV shows. What benefit were those shows to Brian and how did he use the information provided on the TV?
Essay Topic 3
Brian tried the best he could to fly or land the plan even though he was terrified. Do you think that Brian was in shock or overcame the fear to take control? Discuss how Brian might have felt and what could be done about it.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)