|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian compares a clearing in the woods to what?
2. How does Brian trap the potential food?
3. What is Brian's reward for all the hard work?
4. What type of bird does Brian spot near the lake?
5. The bird reminds Brian of a flying what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
2. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
3. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
4. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
5. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
6. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
7. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
8. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
9. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
10. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the first items Brian focused on in the survival pack was the emergency transmitter yet he put it aside without much examination. Why did Brian dismiss the transmitter without thoroughly testing it? How might the water have affected this life saving item? How is it possible that the pilot heard the transmitter but Brian could not?
Essay Topic 2
Brian tried the best he could to fly or land the plan even though he was terrified. Do you think that Brian was in shock or overcame the fear to take control? Discuss how Brian might have felt and what could be done about it.
Essay Topic 3
The confrontation with the bear was scary and exciting. Why did Brian stop running? Examine the encounter from the bear's point of view. Discuss how a human might provoke a bear? Examine humans as threats to animals and their young.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)