|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian make for dinner?
2. How does Brian keep track of time?
3. Why did Brian have a hard time figuring out what animal had visited?
4. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
5. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Brian beginning to change?
2. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
3. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
4. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
5. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
6. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
7. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
8. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
9. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
10. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of the story, Brian's relationship with his mother was strained. After Brian returned home, the relationship seemed to smooth out. What made Brian realize that his mother had to have her own life? At what point does Brian stop being so angry with his mother? Do you think Brian will ever accept his mother's boyfriend?
Essay Topic 2
One of the first items Brian focused on in the survival pack was the emergency transmitter yet he put it aside without much examination. Why did Brian dismiss the transmitter without thoroughly testing it? How might the water have affected this life saving item? How is it possible that the pilot heard the transmitter but Brian could not?
Essay Topic 3
Brian often referred to educational and nature TV shows. What benefit were those shows to Brian and how did he use the information provided on the TV?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)