|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
2. What caused the trees to fall?
3. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
4. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
5. What tries to steal Brian's food?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
2. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
3. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
4. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
5. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
6. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
7. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
8. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
9. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
10. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What inherent skills and personality traits did Brian possess that especially helped him in his situation? Examine the ways he was able to push past his coping skills to rise to the occasion during his ordeal.
Essay Topic 2
The confrontation between Brian and the wolf showed mutual respect and no wish to harm. What does it mean? Why was this exchange important?
Essay Topic 3
The pilot's heart attack left Brian in the plane with no skill or instruction. Do you think this was a standard procedure? Should there have been a co-pilot? What might you have done in this situation?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)