|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
2. How long has it been since the plane crashed?
3. What new tool does Brian make?
4. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
5. What prevents Brian from getting into the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
2. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
3. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
4. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
5. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
6. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
7. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
8. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
9. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
10. How was Brian beginning to change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brian's determination helped him gain the strength to build the shelter. How did Brian know how to build a lean-to? Do you think his knowledge was gained from television, real life experience, or instruction? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The pilot's heart attack left Brian in the plane with no skill or instruction. Do you think this was a standard procedure? Should there have been a co-pilot? What might you have done in this situation?
Essay Topic 3
Brian tried the best he could to fly or land the plan even though he was terrified. Do you think that Brian was in shock or overcame the fear to take control? Discuss how Brian might have felt and what could be done about it.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)