|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brian decide to store food?
2. What is Brian's reward for all the hard work?
3. How does Brian trap the potential food?
4. What tries to steal Brian's food?
5. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
2. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
3. How was Brian beginning to change?
4. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
5. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
6. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
7. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
8. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
9. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
10. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Brian returned home, he was approached by reporters and others who wanted to turn his story into a book or movie. Brian was interested in the initial footage but was not concerned at all when the book deal fell through. Why was the publicity unimportant to Brian? What things were more important than receiving money or fame? How would you feel in this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Once the plane landed, Brian needed water to drink but was reluctant to drink the water out of the lake. Besides the presence of the dead pilot, what other reasons did Brian have for being hesitant? Were they valid reasons? What would you have done?
Essay Topic 3
Brian's dream about the fire was insightful and prophetic, but only after Brian figured out what they were trying to say. Why do you think that the dream was cryptic? Why were Brian's father and Terry mute?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)