|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian finds a friend in what?
2. Why did Brian think he couldn't land in the water?
3. What was the first thing the plane hit before it landed?
4. To what did Brian attribute his strange frame of mind?
5. When did Brian's father move out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
2. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
3. How does Brian know what is happening to the pilot?
4. What makes Brian hook the hatchet to his belt?
5. Why does the plan to reach help through the radio fail?
6. Explain why the smell of the animal frightened Brian.
7. Discuss what might have happened if Brian was unable to remove the quills from his leg.
8. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
9. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
10. Name the three things Brian needs most to survive in the woods.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pilot's heart attack left Brian in the plane with no skill or instruction. Do you think this was a standard procedure? Should there have been a co-pilot? What might you have done in this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Brian tried the best he could to fly or land the plan even though he was terrified. Do you think that Brian was in shock or overcame the fear to take control? Discuss how Brian might have felt and what could be done about it.
Essay Topic 3
Brian began to take charge when he decided that the camp needed to be cleaned and all things organized. Why was this an important step? How did Brian begin to change at this time? How does a clean camp change the situation?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)