|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things doesn't Brian remember about that day?
2. What led Brian to the food?
3. Where was the rest of the food kept?
4. What is The Secret?
5. The berries reminded Brian of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine why landing on the ground might have been better.
2. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
3. Discuss what might have happened if Brian was unable to remove the quills from his leg.
4. Explain why the smell of the animal frightened Brian.
5. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
6. Name some ways in which Brian could tell his location?
7. In what way does Brian consider himself to be lucky?
8. Why is flying the plane the only option in the first few hours?
9. What encourages Brian not to give up on the fire?
10. What is one of the health risks Brian faces in the first couple of days after the crash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brian's dream about the fire was insightful and prophetic, but only after Brian figured out what they were trying to say. Why do you think that the dream was cryptic? Why were Brian's father and Terry mute?
Essay Topic 2
The confrontation between Brian and the wolf showed mutual respect and no wish to harm. What does it mean? Why was this exchange important?
Essay Topic 3
Brian often referred to educational and nature TV shows. What benefit were those shows to Brian and how did he use the information provided on the TV?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)