|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing the plane hit before it landed?
2. Brian finds a friend in what?
3. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
4. What accessory comes with the hatchet?
5. Why does Brian try to destroy his reflection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine how Brian knows as much as he does about living in the woods.
2. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
3. How does Brian feel when he flies the plane for the first time?
4. What valuable piece of information does Brian remember about the bear?
5. Explain why Brian chooses the water as the place to land the plane.
6. Explain why Brian blames his mother for the current situation.
7. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
8. Examine why it was not possible for Brian to hear his father or Terry in the dreams.
9. Why were Brian and the sparks alike?
10. In what way does Brian consider himself to be lucky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once the plane landed, Brian needed water to drink but was reluctant to drink the water out of the lake. Besides the presence of the dead pilot, what other reasons did Brian have for being hesitant? Were they valid reasons? What would you have done?
Essay Topic 2
The pilot's heart attack left Brian in the plane with no skill or instruction. Do you think this was a standard procedure? Should there have been a co-pilot? What might you have done in this situation?
Essay Topic 3
Brian kept track of his "First Days" as a way of marking time in an unconventional way. Two different times, Brian celebrated his rebirth into a new person. Explain why it was important for Brian to realize that he was evolving and the purpose of keeping track of those days.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)