|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was most harmful to Brian's survival?
2. Who did Brian wish was with him?
3. After the engine was silent, what was the only noise Brian heard?
4. What item did Brian not have on his person after the crash?
5. Which of these things in relation to the lake were not mentioned by Brian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
2. Discuss what might have happened if Brian was unable to remove the quills from his leg.
3. Why does the plan to reach help through the radio fail?
4. What makes Brian hook the hatchet to his belt?
5. In what way does Brian consider himself to be lucky?
6. Name the three things Brian needs most to survive in the woods.
7. Explain why Brian blames his mother for the current situation.
8. How does Brian feel when he flies the plane for the first time?
9. Explain how Brian feels when the plane finally stops.
10. Explain why Brian compares flying the plane to his home life.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The confrontation between Brian and the wolf showed mutual respect and no wish to harm. What does it mean? Why was this exchange important?
Essay Topic 2
Brian kept track of his "First Days" as a way of marking time in an unconventional way. Two different times, Brian celebrated his rebirth into a new person. Explain why it was important for Brian to realize that he was evolving and the purpose of keeping track of those days.
Essay Topic 3
Brian often referred to educational and nature TV shows. What benefit were those shows to Brian and how did he use the information provided on the TV?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)