|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of information was not vital to discovering the plane's location?
2. Where does Brian think the plane landed?
3. What woke Brian from a sound sleep?
4. Which location was not an option for landing the plane?
5. Where did Brian spot the bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
2. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
3. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
4. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
5. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
6. How was Brian beginning to change?
7. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
8. What are Brian's feelings toward his mother at this time?
9. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
10. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
Essay Topic 1
Once the plane landed, Brian needed water to drink but was reluctant to drink the water out of the lake. Besides the presence of the dead pilot, what other reasons did Brian have for being hesitant? Were they valid reasons? What would you have done?
Essay Topic 2
The confrontation between Brian and the wolf showed mutual respect and no wish to harm. What does it mean? Why was this exchange important?
Essay Topic 3
On more than one occasion, Brian had encounters with the animals. Most notably the meeting with the wolf and the bear. Examine animal intelligence and how underestimating that intelligence might have been a fatal error for Brian. What might have happened if Brian had tried to dominate the animals rather than respect their space? How would you feel if confronted by a bear?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)