|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Brian?
2. Where does Brian's father work?
3. What happens to the pilot during Brian's first flight?
4. What did Brian notice when he touched the pilot?
5. What food did Brian wish for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine why landing on the ground might have been better.
2. Explain how Brian feels when the plane finally stops.
3. How did the pilot's death affect Brian's location?
4. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
5. What valuable piece of information does Brian remember about the bear?
6. Discuss what might have happened if Brian was unable to remove the quills from his leg.
7. What benefits were created by having a fire?
8. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
9. Explain why Brian compares flying the plane to his home life.
10. Explain why Brian blames his mother for the current situation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brian's determination helped him gain the strength to build the shelter. How did Brian know how to build a lean-to? Do you think his knowledge was gained from television, real life experience, or instruction? Why?
Essay Topic 2
One of the first items Brian focused on in the survival pack was the emergency transmitter yet he put it aside without much examination. Why did Brian dismiss the transmitter without thoroughly testing it? How might the water have affected this life saving item? How is it possible that the pilot heard the transmitter but Brian could not?
Essay Topic 3
Brian often referred to educational and nature TV shows. What benefit were those shows to Brian and how did he use the information provided on the TV?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)