Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food did Brian wish for?
2. Where was the rest of the food kept?
3. What two items did Brian use to create spark?
4. Who did Brian wish was with him?
5. What is The Secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
2. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
3. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
4. What did the storm and wreckage of the campsite teach Brian?
5. Why were Brian and the sparks alike?
6. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
7. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
8. How was Brian beginning to change?
9. Explain why Brian chooses the water as the place to land the plane.
10. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
Essay Topic 1
Brian tried the best he could to fly or land the plan even though he was terrified. Do you think that Brian was in shock or overcame the fear to take control? Discuss how Brian might have felt and what could be done about it.
Essay Topic 2
Brian often referred to educational and nature TV shows. What benefit were those shows to Brian and how did he use the information provided on the TV?
Essay Topic 3
Brian's determination helped him gain the strength to build the shelter. How did Brian know how to build a lean-to? Do you think his knowledge was gained from television, real life experience, or instruction? Why?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)