|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian haul food back to the shelter?
2. To what did Brian attribute his strange frame of mind?
3. Which of these things in relation to the lake were not mentioned by Brian?
4. How much money does Brian have in his wallet?
5. What is the first plane Brian flies in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the smell of the animal frightened Brian.
2. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
3. Examine why landing on the ground might have been better.
4. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
5. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
6. What valuable piece of information does Brian remember about the bear?
7. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
8. Why does Brian get sick from the gut cherries?
9. Explain why Brian compares flying the plane to his home life.
10. Examine why it was not possible for Brian to hear his father or Terry in the dreams.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brian often referred to educational and nature TV shows. What benefit were those shows to Brian and how did he use the information provided on the TV?
Essay Topic 2
The moose attack was completely unexpected. Why would the moose attack for no reason? Was Brian provoking the moose without knowing it? How did Brian use his knowledge and intuition to keep the moose away? What would you have done if you were caught in a similar situation?
Essay Topic 3
Once the plane landed, Brian needed water to drink but was reluctant to drink the water out of the lake. Besides the presence of the dead pilot, what other reasons did Brian have for being hesitant? Were they valid reasons? What would you have done?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)