Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food did Brian wish for?
2. Where was the rest of the food kept?
3. What two items did Brian use to create spark?
4. Who did Brian wish was with him?
5. What is The Secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
2. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
3. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
4. What did the storm and wreckage of the campsite teach Brian?
5. Why were Brian and the sparks alike?
6. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
7. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
8. How was Brian beginning to change?
9. Explain why Brian chooses the water as the place to land the plane.
10. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of the story, Brian is upset with his mother over "The Secret." Do you think it was helpful or harmful for Brian to stay quiet about it? How might the story have changed if Brian had discussed the situation and the divorce with his mother?
Essay Topic 2
Brian's dream about the fire was insightful and prophetic, but only after Brian figured out what they were trying to say. Why do you think that the dream was cryptic? Why were Brian's father and Terry mute?
Essay Topic 3
The moose attack was completely unexpected. Why would the moose attack for no reason? Was Brian provoking the moose without knowing it? How did Brian use his knowledge and intuition to keep the moose away? What would you have done if you were caught in a similar situation?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)