|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian use for fish bait?
(b) Dead flies
2. What did the animal leave behind?
3. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
(a) He packs it in cold water.
(b) He creates a container out of rocks.
(c) He hides it in the shelter.
(d) He buries it.
4. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
(b) White pine
5. Brian spends the afternoon and early evening doing what?
(b) Carrying wood
(d) Searching for food
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
2. What caused the trees to fall?
3. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
4. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
5. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
2. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
3. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
4. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
5. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
6. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
7. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
8. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
9. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
10. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)