|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Brian from getting into the plane?
(a) It is completely under water
(b) No opening
(c) There is nothing left
(d) Brian does not know where it is
2. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
(b) Candy bar
(d) Fishing equipment
3. What bright object catches Brian's eye?
(a) A piece of shiny metal
(b) The blade of the hatchet
(c) Tail of the plane
(d) A new flock of birds
4. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
(a) They tended to attack if he got too close.
(b) He didn't know how.
(c) They were camouflaged.
(d) They were too fast.
5. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Bean stew
(b) Beef and potatoes
(c) Fish and berries
(d) Chicken and rice
Short Answer Questions
1. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
2. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
3. Brian spends the afternoon and early evening doing what?
4. Which one of these things is not seen in the water?
5. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
2. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
3. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
4. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
5. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
6. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
7. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
8. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
9. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
10. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)