|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) A makeshift net
(b) By building a pit
(c) He sneaks up on it
(d) With a mesh gate
2. What does Brian consider his survival skills to be?
(b) A game
3. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Meat Day
(b) First Rabbit Day
(c) First Arrow Day
(d) First Wolf Day
4. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
(b) Climb atop a tree
(c) Bask in the sun
(d) Pick berries
5. What did the animal leave behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
2. What was the next tool Brian created?
3. What noise startles Brian from his cooking chores?
4. What type of bird does Brian spot near the lake?
5. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
2. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
3. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
4. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
5. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
6. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
7. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
8. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
9. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
10. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)