|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
(a) They were too fast.
(b) They tended to attack if he got too close.
(c) He didn't know how.
(d) They were camouflaged.
2. What was Brian's main concern about the new food?
(a) It looked spoiled.
(b) It was raw.
(c) The animal might come back for it.
(d) It had dirt all over it.
3. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) A makeshift net
(b) With a mesh gate
(c) By building a pit
(d) He sneaks up on it
4. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
(a) No one is coming for him.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) It's bitterly cold.
5. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What valuable thing does Brian learn?
2. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
3. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
4. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
5. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
2. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
3. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
4. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
5. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
6. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
7. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
8. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
9. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
10. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)