|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
(a) The wood is wet.
(b) Wood is difficult to find.
(c) He is injured.
(d) His hatchet is lost.
2. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
(a) He cannot tell if it is a male or female.
(b) He cannot figure out how to kill it.
(c) He does not know how to clean it.
(d) He needs to figure out how to keep from being pecked.
3. Which best explains Brian's condition after he gets out of the plane?
4. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
(a) He hides it in the shelter.
(b) He creates a container out of rocks.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He packs it in cold water.
5. How does Brian get back into the plane?
(a) Saws off part of the tail
(b) Pushes in and cuts away the aluminum
(c) He doesn't
(d) Breaks a window
Short Answer Questions
1. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
2. How does Brian keep track of time?
3. How long has it been since the plane crashed?
4. What causes Brian to be rescued?
5. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
2. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
3. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
4. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
5. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
6. How was Brian beginning to change?
7. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
8. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
9. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
10. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)