|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian keep track of time?
(a) A calendar
(b) His watch
(c) Marks on the wall
(d) Using the moon
2. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
3. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
(a) Survival pack
(c) Sunken boat
(d) Flare gun
4. What new tool does Brian make?
5. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
(a) Fire keeps mosquitoes away.
(b) He finds a new food source.
(c) There is a boat on the lake.
(d) Animals are repelled by smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the trees to fall?
2. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
3. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
4. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
5. Why did Brian have a hard time figuring out what animal had visited?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Brian beginning to change?
2. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
3. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
4. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
5. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
6. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
7. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
8. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
9. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
10. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)