|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange weather occurrence scared Brian?
(a) Torrential rains
(c) Electrical storm
(d) Hail storm
2. Which of these is not an issue with storing food?
(a) There is no more food to store.
(b) Animals could get it.
(c) It would spoil.
(d) There are no containers to put it in.
3. What noise startles Brian from his cooking chores?
(a) A hissing snake
(b) Rustling in the woods
(d) Sound of a plane
4. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
(a) Fire keeps mosquitoes away.
(b) There is a boat on the lake.
(c) Animals are repelled by smoke.
(d) He finds a new food source.
5. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(a) Survival pack
(c) Pilot's corpse
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian say to the pilot after he identifies himself?
2. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
3. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
4. Why did Brian have a hard time figuring out what animal had visited?
5. Brian spends the afternoon and early evening doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
2. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
3. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
4. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
5. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
6. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
7. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
8. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
9. How was Brian beginning to change?
10. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)