|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Arrow Day
(b) First Meat Day
(c) First Rabbit Day
(d) First Wolf Day
2. What did the animal leave behind?
3. Brian compares a clearing in the woods to what?
(b) Golf course
(c) Green carpet
(d) His backyard
4. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
(a) Survival pack
(c) Sunken boat
(d) Flare gun
5. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) With a mesh gate
(b) A makeshift net
(c) He sneaks up on it
(d) By building a pit
Short Answer Questions
1. What tries to steal Brian's food?
2. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
3. What prevents Brian from getting into the plane?
4. What strange weather occurrence scared Brian?
5. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
2. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
3. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
4. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
5. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
6. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
7. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
8. How was Brian beginning to change?
9. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
10. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)