|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) He was afraid it would go out.
(c) He hoped he could signal a plane.
(d) It was a safe place to hide from mosquitoes.
2. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
(a) He has lost weight.
(b) His hair is matted.
(c) His skin is leathery.
(d) He limps.
3. How long has it been since the plane crashed?
(a) 47 days
(b) 42 days
(c) 53 days
(d) 31 days
4. From where had the animal come?
(a) The water
(b) The woods
(c) From atop the ridge
(d) Brian does not know
5. Where does Brian decide to store food?
(a) In the shelter
(b) In a nearby cave
(c) On a rock ledge
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian compares a clearing in the woods to what?
2. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
3. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
4. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
5. Which one of these things is not seen in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
2. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
3. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
4. What did the storm and wreckage of the campsite teach Brian?
5. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
6. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
7. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
8. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
9. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
10. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)