|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
(a) He didn't know how.
(b) They were camouflaged.
(c) They tended to attack if he got too close.
(d) They were too fast.
2. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
(a) His hair is matted.
(b) His skin is leathery.
(c) He has lost weight.
(d) He limps.
3. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) With a mesh gate
(b) He sneaks up on it
(c) A makeshift net
(d) By building a pit
4. What new tool does Brian make?
5. Brian chided himself for being what?
(d) A city boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best explains Brian's condition after he gets out of the plane?
2. What does Brian make for dinner?
3. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
4. The bird reminds Brian of a flying what?
5. Why doesn't Brian use the emergency transmitter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
2. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
3. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
4. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
5. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
6. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
7. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
8. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
9. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
10. What did the storm and wreckage of the campsite teach Brian?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)