|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian consider his survival skills to be?
(a) A game
2. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
(b) White pine
3. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
(a) Wood is difficult to find.
(b) His hatchet is lost.
(c) The wood is wet.
(d) He is injured.
4. How does Brian get back into the plane?
(a) Breaks a window
(b) Pushes in and cuts away the aluminum
(c) Saws off part of the tail
(d) He doesn't
5. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Chicken and rice
(b) Beef and potatoes
(c) Fish and berries
(d) Bean stew
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
2. What noise startles Brian from his cooking chores?
3. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
4. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
5. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
2. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
3. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
4. What did the storm and wreckage of the campsite teach Brian?
5. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
6. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
7. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
8. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
9. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
10. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)