|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
(a) Lets the fire go out
(b) Forgets to eat
(c) Aggravates the bear
(d) Tries to kill himself
2. How does Brian keep track of time?
(a) A calendar
(b) Marks on the wall
(c) Using the moon
(d) His watch
3. What type of bird does Brian spot near the lake?
4. What new tool does Brian make?
5. What noise startles Brian from his cooking chores?
(a) Rustling in the woods
(b) Sound of a plane
(c) A hissing snake
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Brian catch any fish?
2. Why doesn't Brian use the emergency transmitter?
3. What does Brian make for dinner?
4. What is Brian's reward for all the hard work?
5. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
2. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
3. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
4. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
5. What did the storm and wreckage of the campsite teach Brian?
6. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
7. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
8. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
9. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
10. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)