|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the next tool Brian created?
2. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
(a) Gets bitten
(b) Gets sprayed
(c) Cuts his lip
(d) Hurts his arm
3. From where had the animal come?
(a) Brian does not know
(b) The woods
(c) The water
(d) From atop the ridge
4. How does Brian get back into the plane?
(a) Breaks a window
(b) Pushes in and cuts away the aluminum
(c) Saws off part of the tail
(d) He doesn't
5. What causes Brian to run to the top of the ridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
2. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
3. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
4. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
5. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
2. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
3. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
4. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
5. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
6. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
7. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
8. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
9. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
10. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)