|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
(a) He is injured.
(b) His hatchet is lost.
(c) The wood is wet.
(d) Wood is difficult to find.
2. From where had the animal come?
(a) The water
(b) Brian does not know
(c) The woods
(d) From atop the ridge
3. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
(a) Fires cannot be seen in daylight
(b) Not enough wood
(c) It was raining
(d) Brian was too tired
4. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
(a) Cuts his lip
(b) Gets bitten
(c) Hurts his arm
(d) Gets sprayed
5. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) It was a safe place to hide from mosquitoes.
(c) He hoped he could signal a plane.
(d) He was afraid it would go out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
2. What does Brian say to the pilot after he identifies himself?
3. Brian chided himself for being what?
4. How does Brian trap the potential food?
5. What is Brian's reward for all the hard work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
2. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
3. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
4. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
5. How was Brian beginning to change?
6. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
7. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
8. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
9. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
10. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)