|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image scares Brian the most?
(b) The dead pilot
(c) Animal carcasses
(d) Hail falling from the sky
2. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
(a) Bask in the sun
(c) Pick berries
(d) Climb atop a tree
3. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
(a) The wood is wet.
(b) He is injured.
(c) His hatchet is lost.
(d) Wood is difficult to find.
4. What tries to steal Brian's food?
5. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
(a) Mosquito bites have left scars.
(b) He is changing as a person.
(c) His hair is a mess.
(d) His skin is burnt and blistered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Brian have a hard time figuring out what animal had visited?
2. Which of these is not an issue with storing food?
3. What bright object catches Brian's eye?
4. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
5. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
2. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
3. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
4. What was the biggest danger of going back into the plane?
5. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
6. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
7. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
8. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
9. What did the storm and wreckage of the campsite teach Brian?
10. How was Brian beginning to change?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)