|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the next tool Brian created?
2. Brian compares a clearing in the woods to what?
(b) Golf course
(c) Green carpet
(d) His backyard
3. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
(b) White pine
4. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
(b) Candy bar
(c) Fishing equipment
5. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
(a) He finds a new food source.
(b) Animals are repelled by smoke.
(c) There is a boat on the lake.
(d) Fire keeps mosquitoes away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
2. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
3. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
4. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
5. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
2. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
3. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
4. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
5. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
6. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
7. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
8. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
9. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
10. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)