|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Brian's main concern about the new food?
(a) It looked spoiled.
(b) The animal might come back for it.
(c) It had dirt all over it.
(d) It was raw.
2. Where does Brian decide to store food?
(a) In a nearby cave
(b) In the shelter
(c) On a rock ledge
3. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Chicken and rice
(b) Fish and berries
(c) Beef and potatoes
(d) Bean stew
4. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
(d) White pine
5. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
2. Which one of these things is not seen in the water?
3. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
4. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
5. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
2. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
3. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
4. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
5. Examine Brian's sense of pride.
6. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
7. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
8. What did the storm and wreckage of the campsite teach Brian?
9. Explain the fascination of the creatures in the water.
10. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)