|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian keep track of time?
(a) Marks on the wall
(b) Using the moon
(c) A calendar
(d) His watch
2. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Beef and potatoes
(b) Chicken and rice
(c) Fish and berries
(d) Bean stew
3. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) With a mesh gate
(b) By building a pit
(c) A makeshift net
(d) He sneaks up on it
4. How does Brian get back into the plane?
(a) Pushes in and cuts away the aluminum
(b) Saws off part of the tail
(c) He doesn't
(d) Breaks a window
5. What noise startles Brian from his cooking chores?
(a) A hissing snake
(b) Rustling in the woods
(d) Sound of a plane
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best explains Brian's condition after he gets out of the plane?
2. What tries to steal Brian's food?
3. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
4. What strange weather occurrence scared Brian?
5. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
2. Explain how mistakes in the wilderness are different from mistakes in city life?
3. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
4. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
5. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
6. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
7. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
8. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
9. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
10. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)