|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
(a) Leaves them on the raft
(b) Hides them on the food ledge
(c) Leaves them on the beach
(d) Carries them to the shelter
2. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
3. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
(a) Climb atop a tree
(c) Pick berries
(d) Bask in the sun
4. How does Brian get back into the plane?
(a) Pushes in and cuts away the aluminum
(b) Saws off part of the tail
(c) He doesn't
(d) Breaks a window
5. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) He sneaks up on it
(b) With a mesh gate
(c) A makeshift net
(d) By building a pit
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
2. What was Brian's main concern about the new food?
3. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
4. Brian chided himself for being what?
5. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
2. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
3. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
4. What good thing came out of Brian's frustration at the lack of entry into the plane?
5. Why is it important for Brian to mark off the days?
6. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
7. What did the storm and wreckage of the campsite teach Brian?
8. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
9. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
10. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)