|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image scares Brian the most?
(a) Hail falling from the sky
(b) The dead pilot
(c) Animal carcasses
2. How long has it been since the plane crashed?
(a) 53 days
(b) 47 days
(c) 42 days
(d) 31 days
3. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) His leg hurts.
(c) It's bitterly cold.
(d) No one is coming for him.
4. How does Brian keep track of time?
(a) Marks on the wall
(b) Using the moon
(c) A calendar
(d) His watch
5. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
(a) Aggravates the bear
(b) Tries to kill himself
(c) Forgets to eat
(d) Lets the fire go out
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
2. What new tool does Brian make?
3. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
4. Which of these is not an issue with storing food?
5. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Brian reluctant to eat the eggs?
2. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
3. Examine the reason the fish spear did not work.
4. Why was Brian against leaving the fire?
5. Explain why it was important for Brian to clean up the camp.
6. How did the approach of the plane change Brian's attitudes?
7. Discuss the exchange between Brian and the wolf.
8. How did Brian feel when the rescue plane landed?
9. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
10. How did Brian figure out the second noise outside was a snapping turtle?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)