|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At night Brian had to protect himself from what?
(a) Black flies
2. Who gives Brian the hatchet?
(a) His father
(b) Boy Scout leader
(c) A friend
(d) His mother
3. What prevented Brian from suffocating in the shelter?
(a) Brian removed the side of the shelter.
(b) It was windy.
(c) Brian stayed outside.
(d) The rock acted as a flue.
4. What type of tree does Brian use to try and start the fire?
5. The berries reminded Brian of what?
(b) Cotton candy
(c) Pancake syrup
(d) Fruit cake
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Brian's best hope for rescue?
2. Which location was not an option for landing the plane?
3. Why did Brian stop running from the bear?
4. How did Brian try to scare off the animal?
5. How did Brian try to fix his injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Brian feels when the plane finally stops.
2. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
3. What are Brian's feelings toward his mother at this time?
4. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
5. Discuss what might have happened if Brian was unable to remove the quills from his leg.
6. Why does Brian get sick from the gut cherries?
7. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
8. In what way does Brian consider himself to be lucky?
9. How does Brian know what is happening to the pilot?
10. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)