|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Brian's first attempt to control the plane?
(a) He reduced fuel usage.
(b) He revived the pilot.
(c) He used the floor pedals.
(d) He took the wheel.
2. What is Brian's mother's secret?
(a) She was unfaithful.
(b) She doesn't know how to read.
(c) She lost her job.
(d) She is a kleptomaniac.
3. What happened when Brian reached the ground safely?
(a) There were people waiting to help.
(b) He was attacked by animals.
(c) He rescued the pilot.
(d) He blacked out.
4. To what did Brian attribute his strange frame of mind?
(a) Almost drowning
(b) Head injury
5. Which of these injuries was not inflicted on Brian?
(a) Swollen eye
(c) Inability to move
(d) Broken leg
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing the plane hit before it landed?
2. Before going to bed, what did Brian do?
3. What happens when a pilot pushes the wheel in?
4. What does Brian think about when he's trying to go back to sleep?
5. Brian compared his attackers to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name some ways in which Brian could tell his location?
2. Explain why throwing the hatchet was foolish.
3. Name at least two things for which Brian should be grateful.
4. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
5. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
6. What encourages Brian not to give up on the fire?
7. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
8. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
9. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
10. Examine why landing on the ground might have been better.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)