|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many berries did Brian think he ate?
(a) One pound
(b) Two pounds
2. What broke the plane's windshield?
(a) Brian's head
3. Which of these is not a benefit of having a fire?
(a) Good smell
(b) Keeping animals at bay
4. What happened to Brian's hatchet?
(a) It was nicked.
(b) It was lost outside in the brush.
(c) The handle broke.
(d) It began to rust.
5. Which location was not an option for landing the plane?
(d) Grassy meadow
Short Answer Questions
1. After the engine was silent, what was the only noise Brian heard?
2. Brian reminisces about what?
3. Why does Brian try to destroy his reflection?
4. What hindered Brian's search for firewood?
5. What led Brian to the food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Brian compares flying the plane to his home life.
2. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
3. What benefits were created by having a fire?
4. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
5. Name at least two things for which Brian should be grateful.
6. What is one of the health risks Brian faces in the first couple of days after the crash?
7. What are Brian's feelings toward his mother at this time?
8. Explain how Brian takes stock of his options.
9. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
10. Why were Brian and the sparks alike?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)