|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape was the lake Brian spotted?
2. How did Brian feel when the sparks failed to make a fire?
3. What does Brian intend to tell his father?
(a) The secret
(b) That he wants to live in Canada full time
(c) That he wants to be a pilot
(d) That he is hungry
4. What happened to Brian's hatchet?
(a) It was lost outside in the brush.
(b) It began to rust.
(c) It was nicked.
(d) The handle broke.
5. Who always talked about being positive?
(b) Grandma Harriet
(d) Brian's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a benefit of having a fire?
2. Why did Brian stop running from the bear?
3. What broke the plane's windshield?
4. What is The Secret?
5. Which of these was not an item used to start a fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine why landing on the ground might have been better.
2. What encourages Brian not to give up on the fire?
3. Explain how Brian feels when the plane finally stops.
4. Why were Brian and the sparks alike?
5. Examine how Brian knows as much as he does about living in the woods.
6. Examine why it was not possible for Brian to hear his father or Terry in the dreams.
7. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
8. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
9. Name the three things Brian needs most to survive in the woods.
10. What is one of the health risks Brian faces in the first couple of days after the crash?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)