|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of information was not vital to discovering the plane's location?
(a) Originating airport
(b) Brian's name
(d) Flight number
2. To what did Brian attribute his strange frame of mind?
(b) Almost drowning
(c) Head injury
3. Where does Brian's father work?
(a) New York
4. What is The Secret?
(a) Brian is failing math
(b) His friend is in a gang
(c) Brian is caught shoplifting
(d) Brian's mother's affair
5. What was the missing element to create a good fire?
(a) Dry wood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian's father do for a living?
2. What shape was the lake Brian spotted?
3. What did Brian notice when he touched the pilot?
4. What is Brian's mother's secret?
5. Brian reminisces about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine how Brian knows as much as he does about living in the woods.
2. Explain why the smell of the animal frightened Brian.
3. What benefits were created by having a fire?
4. In what way does Brian consider himself to be lucky?
5. Why does the plan to reach help through the radio fail?
6. Examine why landing on the ground might have been better.
7. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
8. What makes Brian hook the hatchet to his belt?
9. What is one of the health risks Brian faces in the first couple of days after the crash?
10. How does Brian know what is happening to the pilot?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)