|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Terry doing in the park?
(a) Playing basketball
(c) Lighting a barbecue
(d) Riding a bike
2. Which of these did not happen after the engine coughed?
(b) Restarted itself
(c) Propeller stopped
(d) Roared violently
3. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
(a) Tree limbs
4. What relentlessly attacked Brian?
5. What happened to Brian's hatchet?
(a) It began to rust.
(b) It was nicked.
(c) It was lost outside in the brush.
(d) The handle broke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the animal that wandered into the shelter?
2. How old is Brian Robeson?
3. What type of vehicle might the rescuers use?
4. What happens to the pilot during Brian's first flight?
5. What happened when Brian realized the plane was going to run out of fuel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
2. How does Brian feel when he flies the plane for the first time?
3. How did the pilot's death affect Brian's location?
4. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
5. What valuable piece of information does Brian remember about the bear?
6. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
7. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
8. Name at least two things for which Brian should be grateful.
9. Explain how Brian takes stock of his options.
10. How does Brian know what is happening to the pilot?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)