|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car was Brian's mother sitting in at the mall?
(b) Station wagon
2. What does Brian call the food he ate?
(a) Gut cherries
(b) Slimy bark
(d) Dog food
3. What was Brian's best hope for rescue?
(a) People would hear him screaming for help.
(b) Officials would follow the pilot's flight plan.
(c) People would see the flare gun.
(d) People would see a fire on the beach.
4. Brian plans to protect himself from the animals by doing what?
(a) Climbing a tree
(b) Starting a fire
(c) Building a shelter
(d) Swimming to the other side of the lake
5. What was Brian's first attempt to control the plane?
(a) He reduced fuel usage.
(b) He revived the pilot.
(c) He took the wheel.
(d) He used the floor pedals.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, Brian could only see what through the windshield of the plane?
2. What was the missing element to create a good fire?
3. What was Terry doing in the park?
4. How old is Brian Robeson?
5. Why does Brian try to destroy his reflection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
2. Explain why Brian compares flying the plane to his home life.
3. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
4. What benefits were created by having a fire?
5. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
6. Name at least two things for which Brian should be grateful.
7. How does Brian feel when he flies the plane for the first time?
8. Discuss what might have happened if Brian was unable to remove the quills from his leg.
9. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
10. Explain why Brian blames his mother for the current situation.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)