|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian call the food he ate?
(a) Gut cherries
(c) Dog food
(d) Slimy bark
2. What cargo was going with Brian in the airplane?
(a) Medical supplies
(b) Car parts
(c) Drilling equipment
(d) Military weapons
3. What was Brian's first attempt to control the plane?
(a) He revived the pilot.
(b) He used the floor pedals.
(c) He took the wheel.
(d) He reduced fuel usage.
4. What noises did Brian hear when the plane crashed?
5. Brian hoped the fire would keep what away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brian have to say at the end of each sentence when talking into the radio?
2. What were the people in Brian's dream trying to tell him?
3. What does Brian think about when he's trying to go back to sleep?
4. Who always talked about being positive?
5. For what did Brian wish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Brian takes stock of his options.
2. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
3. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
4. What is one of the health risks Brian faces in the first couple of days after the crash?
5. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
6. Name at least two things for which Brian should be grateful.
7. Discuss what might have happened if Brian was unable to remove the quills from his leg.
8. Explain how Brian feels when the plane finally stops.
9. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
10. What benefits were created by having a fire?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)