|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these injuries was not inflicted on Brian?
(a) Swollen eye
(b) Broken leg
(c) Inability to move
2. To what does Brian compare his thoughts?
(a) Riding a bike
(b) Sloshing oil
(c) Black hole
(d) Tidal wave
3. What accessory comes with the hatchet?
(a) First aid kit
(b) Sharpening stone
(c) Safety instructions
(d) Leather case
4. Who lived in the lodge?
5. Brian compared his attackers to what?
(b) Kamikaze pilots
Short Answer Questions
1. What encouraged Brian to continue trying to create fire?
2. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
3. At first, Brian could only see what through the windshield of the plane?
4. What is the first plane Brian flies in?
5. Where did Brian build his shelter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Brian takes stock of his options.
2. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
3. Name the three things Brian needs most to survive in the woods.
4. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
5. Name some ways in which Brian could tell his location?
6. What encourages Brian not to give up on the fire?
7. Why were Brian and the sparks alike?
8. What are Brian's feelings toward his mother at this time?
9. Name at least two things for which Brian should be grateful.
10. Examine why it was not possible for Brian to hear his father or Terry in the dreams.
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)