|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who always talked about being positive?
(a) Grandma Harriet
(d) Brian's mother
2. Where did Brian build his shelter?
(a) On top of a ridge
(b) On the beach
(c) Against a stone wall
(d) In a cave
3. What was Brian's first attempt to control the plane?
(a) He took the wheel.
(b) He reduced fuel usage.
(c) He revived the pilot.
(d) He used the floor pedals.
4. For what did Brian wish?
(b) A friend
(c) A bed
(d) His brother
5. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
(a) Tree limbs
Short Answer Questions
1. How many berries did Brian think he ate?
2. Where does Brian's father work?
3. Which of these things in relation to the lake were not mentioned by Brian?
4. Brian compared his attackers to what?
5. What wakes Brian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name the three things Brian needs most to survive in the woods.
2. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
3. Examine why it was not possible for Brian to hear his father or Terry in the dreams.
4. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
5. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
6. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
7. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
8. What encourages Brian not to give up on the fire?
9. In what way does Brian consider himself to be lucky?
10. Examine how Brian knows as much as he does about living in the woods.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)