|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pedals on the floor of the plane control?
(a) Engine speed
2. Brian reminisces about what?
(a) Ice cream
(b) Going to the beach
(c) His first bike
(d) Thanksgiving dinner
3. What was Brian's first attempt to control the plane?
(a) He took the wheel.
(b) He reduced fuel usage.
(c) He revived the pilot.
(d) He used the floor pedals.
4. Brian hoped the fire would keep what away?
5. Who gives Brian the hatchet?
(a) His father
(b) A friend
(c) Boy Scout leader
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What broke the plane's windshield?
2. What hindered Brian's search for firewood?
3. What wakes Brian?
4. What led Brian to the food?
5. Which of these did not happen after the engine coughed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is proven by Brian's refusal to give up?
2. Explain why Brian referred to the birds as foolbirds.
3. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
4. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
5. Explain how Brian takes stock of his options.
6. What was Brian's reaction to the emergency transmitter?
7. Why was Brian determined to get back into the plane?
8. What benefits were created by having a fire?
9. Examine Brian's level of self confidence after he returned home.
10. Discuss what might have happened if Brian was unable to remove the quills from his leg.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)