|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the missing element to create a good fire?
(a) Dry wood
2. What concerned Brian about drinking from the lake?
(a) He didn't know if it was safe.
(b) He couldn't get to the cleanest part.
(c) He remembered being sick from swallowing the water before.
(d) There were snakes in the water.
3. Which emotion did Brian equate with the bear?
4. Who gives Brian the hatchet?
(a) A friend
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) Boy Scout leader
5. What were the people in Brian's dream trying to tell him?
(a) That a plane was coming
(b) That no one knew where Brian was
(c) How to build a fire
(d) That they missed him
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of information was not vital to discovering the plane's location?
2. What was Brian's best hope for rescue?
3. How much money does Brian have in his wallet?
4. Who was Brian riding bikes with at the mall?
5. What was Brian's first attempt to control the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Brian compares flying the plane to his home life.
2. Examine why it was not possible for Brian to hear his father or Terry in the dreams.
3. Explain why Brian blames his mother for the current situation.
4. Discuss what might have happened if Brian was unable to remove the quills from his leg.
5. How does Brian know what is happening to the pilot?
6. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
7. How does Brian feel when he flies the plane for the first time?
8. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
9. Examine how Brian knows as much as he does about living in the woods.
10. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)