|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relentlessly attacked Brian?
2. What does Brian's father do for a living?
(b) Insurance Salesman
(d) Mechanical engineer
3. Brian plans to protect himself from the animals by doing what?
(a) Building a shelter
(b) Climbing a tree
(c) Starting a fire
(d) Swimming to the other side of the lake
4. What does Brian think about when he's trying to go back to sleep?
(a) His dog
(b) His mother kissing the blond man
(c) Video games
(d) The plane crash
5. After the engine was silent, what was the only noise Brian heard?
(a) Ticking clock
(c) Radio static
(d) His own heartbeat
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of information was not vital to discovering the plane's location?
2. Why did Brian stop running from the bear?
3. What animal did Brian think he saw in the pond?
4. What prevented Brian from suffocating in the shelter?
5. What do the pedals on the floor of the plane control?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian know what is happening to the pilot?
2. Name some ways in which Brian could tell his location?
3. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
4. What is one of the health risks Brian faces in the first couple of days after the crash?
5. Why is flying the plane the only option in the first few hours?
6. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
7. Explain why Brian blames his mother for the current situation.
8. What makes Brian hook the hatchet to his belt?
9. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
10. How did the pilot's death affect Brian's location?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)