|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before going to bed, what did Brian do?
(a) Put the hatchet within easy reach
(b) Added more branches to the shelter
(c) Took a bath in the lake
(d) Built a fire
2. Where did Brian build his shelter?
(a) On top of a ridge
(b) Against a stone wall
(c) In a cave
(d) On the beach
3. Which of these was not an item used to start a fire?
(c) Pine branches
(d) Tree bark
4. What accessory comes with the hatchet?
(a) First aid kit
(b) Leather case
(c) Safety instructions
(d) Sharpening stone
5. Which of these things was not a problem for Brian?
(a) Cracked lips
(b) Sprained shoulder
Short Answer Questions
1. What noises did Brian hear when the plane crashed?
2. What prevented Brian from suffocating in the shelter?
3. Who did Brian wish was with him?
4. What animal did Brian think he saw in the pond?
5. What happens when a pilot pushes the wheel in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What encourages Brian not to give up on the fire?
2. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
3. Why does the plan to reach help through the radio fail?
4. What are Brian's feelings toward his mother at this time?
5. Why were Brian and the sparks alike?
6. How did the pilot's death affect Brian's location?
7. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
8. Explain why the smell of the animal frightened Brian.
9. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
10. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)