|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a benefit of having a fire?
(b) Keeping animals at bay
(d) Good smell
2. What cargo was going with Brian in the airplane?
(a) Drilling equipment
(b) Medical supplies
(c) Car parts
(d) Military weapons
3. What is The Secret?
(a) Brian is caught shoplifting
(b) His friend is in a gang
(c) Brian is failing math
(d) Brian's mother's affair
4. What accessory comes with the hatchet?
(a) Sharpening stone
(b) Safety instructions
(c) Leather case
(d) First aid kit
5. What day does Brian's mother go to exercise class?
Short Answer Questions
1. The berries reminded Brian of what?
2. To what did Brian attribute his strange frame of mind?
3. What prevented Brian from suffocating in the shelter?
4. What was Brian's first attempt to control the plane?
5. Why does Brian try to destroy his reflection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
2. What makes Brian hook the hatchet to his belt?
3. Examine why it was not possible for Brian to hear his father or Terry in the dreams.
4. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
5. What valuable piece of information does Brian remember about the bear?
6. Explain why Brian blames his mother for the current situation.
7. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
8. Explain why it is important for Brian to learn to cooperate with nature.
9. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
10. How does Brian feel when he flies the plane for the first time?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)