|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Brian try to scare off the animal?
(a) He threw the hatchet.
(b) He threw berries outside.
(c) He growled.
(d) He screamed.
2. Where did Brian spot the bear?
(a) Beside the shelter
(b) Up a tree
(c) In the water
(d) Raspberry patch
3. What type of tree does Brian use to try and start the fire?
4. What is the best tool Brian used to get help?
(c) Flare gun
(d) Warning lights
5. Which of these injuries was not inflicted on Brian?
(b) Swollen eye
(c) Broken leg
(d) Inability to move
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brian notice when he touched the pilot?
2. Which of these things doesn't Brian remember about that day?
3. The berries reminded Brian of what?
4. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
5. How does Brian haul food back to the shelter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
2. What is one of the health risks Brian faces in the first couple of days after the crash?
3. Name the three things Brian needs most to survive in the woods.
4. Examine why it was not possible for Brian to hear his father or Terry in the dreams.
5. Explain why the smell of the animal frightened Brian.
6. Why were Brian and the sparks alike?
7. What is the purpose of building a shelter against the rock?
8. Explain why Brian blames his mother for the current situation.
9. Why is flying the plane the only option in the first few hours?
10. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)