|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Brian supposed to stay with his father?
(a) Six months
(b) Three weeks
(c) A couple of months
2. How does Brian haul food back to the shelter?
(b) Carries it
3. At night Brian had to protect himself from what?
(d) Black flies
4. What was the missing element to create a good fire?
(d) Dry wood
5. What led Brian to the food?
(a) Animal tracks
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did Brian wish?
2. How did Brian get out of the plane?
3. What item did Brian not have on his person after the crash?
4. Who always talked about being positive?
5. What day does Brian's mother go to exercise class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Brian is upset by his reflection.
2. Examine why Brian does not tell Terry about his mother?
3. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
4. What encourages Brian not to give up on the fire?
5. Explain how Brian feels when the plane finally stops.
6. Explain why Brian compares flying the plane to his home life.
7. Explain why throwing the hatchet was foolish.
8. In what way does Brian consider himself to be lucky?
9. Explain why the smell of the animal frightened Brian.
10. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)