|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Brian realized the plane was going to run out of fuel?
(a) He called 9-1-1.
(b) He read the instruction manual.
(c) He threw up.
(d) He looked for more fuel.
2. Where did Brian hit his head?
(a) Head rest
(b) Safety harness
3. Which of these injuries was not inflicted on Brian?
(a) Inability to move
(b) Broken leg
(c) Swollen eye
4. Who lived in the lodge?
5. How was the country different from the city Brian called home?
(a) No ice cream
(b) More daylight
(c) It was scary
(d) Absence of sounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first plane Brian flies in?
2. What cargo was going with Brian in the airplane?
3. How much money does Brian have in his wallet?
4. What hindered Brian's search for firewood?
5. What woke Brian from a sound sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Brian takes stock of his options.
2. How does Brian feel when he flies the plane for the first time?
3. What makes Brian hook the hatchet to his belt?
4. Why does Brian get sick from the gut cherries?
5. What encourages Brian not to give up on the fire?
6. Explain why the smell of the animal frightened Brian.
7. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
8. Why does the plan to reach help through the radio fail?
9. Explain why Brian chooses the water as the place to land the plane.
10. Examine how Brian knows as much as he does about living in the woods.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)