|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which location was not an option for landing the plane?
(c) Grassy meadow
2. The berries reminded Brian of what?
(a) Cotton candy
(b) Fruit cake
(d) Pancake syrup
3. How could the hatchet help Brian survive?
(a) It could create a fire.
(b) The reflection from the blade could signal a plane.
(c) It would fight off wild animals.
(d) He could use it to chop wood.
4. Why did Brian think he couldn't land in the water?
(a) It wasn't close enough.
(b) He didn't know how to land.
(c) He was too scared.
(d) The plane was out of control.
5. What does Brian call the food he ate?
(b) Dog food
(c) Slimy bark
(d) Gut cherries
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian think about when he's trying to go back to sleep?
2. What encouraged Brian to continue trying to create fire?
3. Where did Brian hit his head?
4. What broke the plane's windshield?
5. How long was Brian supposed to stay with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is flying the plane the only option in the first few hours?
2. In what way does Brian consider himself to be lucky?
3. What benefits were created by having a fire?
4. Explain why Brian compares flying the plane to his home life.
5. What makes Brian hook the hatchet to his belt?
6. What valuable piece of information does Brian remember about the bear?
7. How did the pilot's death affect Brian's location?
8. Explain how Brian takes stock of his options.
9. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
10. Why was Brian so afraid of an animal outside the shelter?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)