|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the animal that wandered into the shelter?
2. What does Brian think about when he's trying to go back to sleep?
(a) Video games
(b) His mother kissing the blond man
(c) The plane crash
(d) His dog
3. What was the result of the radio conversation?
(a) The radio stopped working.
(b) Brian lost contact.
(c) The other person couldn't help.
(d) Brian received instructions on landing.
4. How could the hatchet help Brian survive?
(a) The reflection from the blade could signal a plane.
(b) He could use it to chop wood.
(c) It could create a fire.
(d) It would fight off wild animals.
5. What did Brian notice when he touched the pilot?
(a) His skin was cold.
(b) He had a pulse.
(c) He was breathing quietly.
(d) He was only sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of branches did Brian use for his shelter?
2. Which of these things was not a problem for Brian?
3. What happened when Brian reached the ground safely?
4. What does Brian's father do for a living?
5. Why did Brian stop running from the bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
2. What valuable piece of information does Brian remember about the bear?
3. How does Brian know what is happening to the pilot?
4. What is one of the health risks Brian faces in the first couple of days after the crash?
5. How does Brian's previous exposure to nature shows help him?
6. Explain what made Brian notice the fish for the first time?
7. Why does the plan to reach help through the radio fail?
8. In what way does Brian consider himself to be lucky?
9. Name at least two things for which Brian should be grateful.
10. Explain how Brian takes stock of his options.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)