|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the animal leave behind?
2. What new tool does Brian make?
3. What was Brian's main concern about the new food?
(a) It was raw.
(b) It looked spoiled.
(c) The animal might come back for it.
(d) It had dirt all over it.
4. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
(a) The wood is wet.
(b) He is injured.
(c) Wood is difficult to find.
(d) His hatchet is lost.
5. What strange weather occurrence scared Brian?
(a) Hail storm
(b) Electrical storm
(d) Torrential rains
6. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
7. Which one of these things is not seen in the water?
(a) Clam shell
(d) Round fish
8. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
(a) Leaves them on the beach
(b) Carries them to the shelter
(c) Leaves them on the raft
(d) Hides them on the food ledge
9. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
(a) There is a boat on the lake.
(b) Animals are repelled by smoke.
(c) He finds a new food source.
(d) Fire keeps mosquitoes away.
10. What type of bird does Brian spot near the lake?
11. What does Brian consider his survival skills to be?
(c) A game
12. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) No one is coming for him.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) It's bitterly cold.
13. What caused the trees to fall?
(b) Ice storm
14. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) With a mesh gate
(b) He sneaks up on it
(c) A makeshift net
(d) By building a pit
15. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(a) It is injured
(b) A new food source
(d) The bear's den
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
2. Why did Brian have a hard time figuring out what animal had visited?
3. Which of these is not an issue with storing food?
4. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
5. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)