|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not an issue with storing food?
(a) Animals could get it.
(b) There is no more food to store.
(c) There are no containers to put it in.
(d) It would spoil.
2. Brian compares a clearing in the woods to what?
(a) His backyard
(b) Green carpet
(d) Golf course
3. From where had the animal come?
(a) The woods
(b) From atop the ridge
(c) Brian does not know
(d) The water
4. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
(a) He needs to figure out how to keep from being pecked.
(b) He cannot tell if it is a male or female.
(c) He cannot figure out how to kill it.
(d) He does not know how to clean it.
5. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
(b) White Pine
6. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
(a) Mosquito bites have left scars.
(b) His skin is burnt and blistered.
(c) His hair is a mess.
(d) He is changing as a person.
7. What does Brian use for fish bait?
(c) Dead flies
8. What is Brian's reward for all the hard work?
9. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
10. What was Brian's main concern about the new food?
(a) It was raw.
(b) It had dirt all over it.
(c) It looked spoiled.
(d) The animal might come back for it.
11. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(a) Pilot's corpse
(b) Survival pack
12. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Arrow Day
(b) First Wolf Day
(c) First Rabbit Day
(d) First Meat Day
13. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
(a) He has lost weight.
(b) His hair is matted.
(c) His skin is leathery.
(d) He limps.
14. What caused the trees to fall?
(b) Ice storm
15. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
(a) He didn't know how.
(b) They were camouflaged.
(c) They tended to attack if he got too close.
(d) They were too fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
2. Which of these things was not in Brian's way to getting inside the plane?
3. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
4. What noise startles Brian from his cooking chores?
5. What tries to steal Brian's food?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)