|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(a) A new food source
(c) It is injured
(d) The bear's den
2. What caused the trees to fall?
(a) Ice storm
3. What is Brian's reward for all the hard work?
4. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
(a) He dropped the hatchet.
(b) He does not know how to swim.
(c) He broke an arrow.
(d) He cut his hand.
5. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
(d) Bear trap
6. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
7. How does Brian keep track of time?
(a) A calendar
(b) Marks on the wall
(c) Using the moon
(d) His watch
8. Brian chided himself for being what?
(a) A city boy
9. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(b) Survival pack
(d) Pilot's corpse
10. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
(a) Candy bar
(b) Fishing equipment
11. What does Brian consider his survival skills to be?
(d) A game
12. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
(a) The wood is wet.
(b) His hatchet is lost.
(c) Wood is difficult to find.
(d) He is injured.
13. From where had the animal come?
(a) The woods
(b) The water
(c) Brian does not know
(d) From atop the ridge
14. Where does Brian decide to store food?
(a) On a rock ledge
(c) In a nearby cave
(d) In the shelter
15. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
(a) Tries to kill himself
(b) Aggravates the bear
(c) Forgets to eat
(d) Lets the fire go out
Short Answer Questions
1. What image scares Brian the most?
2. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
3. What new tool does Brian make?
4. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
5. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)