|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
2. Why couldn't Brian catch any fish?
(a) They were too fast.
(b) The water was too deep.
(c) The water was too murky.
(d) There were no fish to catch.
3. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
(a) He does not know how to clean it.
(b) He needs to figure out how to keep from being pecked.
(c) He cannot figure out how to kill it.
(d) He cannot tell if it is a male or female.
4. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
(a) He is changing as a person.
(b) His skin is burnt and blistered.
(c) His hair is a mess.
(d) Mosquito bites have left scars.
5. What is Brian's reward for all the hard work?
6. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
(a) He dropped the hatchet.
(b) He does not know how to swim.
(c) He cut his hand.
(d) He broke an arrow.
7. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
8. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
(a) There is an animal right outside.
(b) The food is all gone.
(c) The fire is almost out.
(d) It is raining.
9. Where does Brian decide to store food?
(a) On a rock ledge
(c) In a nearby cave
(d) In the shelter
10. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
(a) There is a boat on the lake.
(b) He finds a new food source.
(c) Fire keeps mosquitoes away.
(d) Animals are repelled by smoke.
11. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Chicken and rice
(b) Fish and berries
(c) Bean stew
(d) Beef and potatoes
12. What image scares Brian the most?
(a) The dead pilot
(b) Hail falling from the sky
(c) Animal carcasses
13. What causes Brian to run to the top of the ridge?
14. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
(a) Wood is difficult to find.
(b) He is injured.
(c) The wood is wet.
(d) His hatchet is lost.
15. What does Brian use for fish bait?
(b) Dead flies
Short Answer Questions
1. What valuable thing does Brian learn?
2. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
3. What strange weather occurrence scared Brian?
4. Brian compares a clearing in the woods to what?
5. The bird reminds Brian of a flying what?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)