|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian use for fish bait?
(d) Dead flies
2. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
(c) White pine
3. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
(a) There is a boat on the lake.
(b) Fire keeps mosquitoes away.
(c) He finds a new food source.
(d) Animals are repelled by smoke.
4. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(a) A new food source
(b) It is injured
(c) The bear's den
5. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
(a) He cannot figure out how to kill it.
(b) He cannot tell if it is a male or female.
(c) He does not know how to clean it.
(d) He needs to figure out how to keep from being pecked.
6. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) With a mesh gate
(b) A makeshift net
(c) By building a pit
(d) He sneaks up on it
7. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
(a) He buries it.
(b) He packs it in cold water.
(c) He creates a container out of rocks.
(d) He hides it in the shelter.
8. What does Brian consider his survival skills to be?
(a) A game
9. How long has it been since the plane crashed?
(a) 31 days
(b) 42 days
(c) 47 days
(d) 53 days
10. How does Brian get back into the plane?
(a) Saws off part of the tail
(b) Pushes in and cuts away the aluminum
(c) Breaks a window
(d) He doesn't
11. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Chicken and rice
(b) Beef and potatoes
(c) Bean stew
(d) Fish and berries
12. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
(a) His hair is matted.
(b) He limps.
(c) His skin is leathery.
(d) He has lost weight.
13. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
(a) Forgets to eat
(b) Lets the fire go out
(c) Tries to kill himself
(d) Aggravates the bear
14. What bright object catches Brian's eye?
(a) A piece of shiny metal
(b) Tail of the plane
(c) The blade of the hatchet
(d) A new flock of birds
15. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
(a) It is raining.
(b) There is an animal right outside.
(c) The fire is almost out.
(d) The food is all gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
2. Which of these things was not in Brian's way to getting inside the plane?
3. Brian chided himself for being what?
4. What tries to steal Brian's food?
5. From where had the animal come?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)