|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
(a) He cannot tell if it is a male or female.
(b) He does not know how to clean it.
(c) He needs to figure out how to keep from being pecked.
(d) He cannot figure out how to kill it.
2. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
(b) Bear trap
3. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
(a) Hurts his arm
(b) Gets bitten
(c) Cuts his lip
(d) Gets sprayed
4. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
(a) The food is all gone.
(b) The fire is almost out.
(c) It is raining.
(d) There is an animal right outside.
5. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
(a) His hair is matted.
(b) He has lost weight.
(c) He limps.
(d) His skin is leathery.
6. What image scares Brian the most?
(a) Hail falling from the sky
(b) Animal carcasses
(c) The dead pilot
7. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
(a) He buries it.
(b) He packs it in cold water.
(c) He hides it in the shelter.
(d) He creates a container out of rocks.
8. Which best explains Brian's condition after he gets out of the plane?
9. What is Brian's reward for all the hard work?
10. What does Brian use for fish bait?
(d) Dead flies
11. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
(a) Lets the fire go out
(b) Tries to kill himself
(c) Aggravates the bear
(d) Forgets to eat
12. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
(a) Brian was too tired
(b) Not enough wood
(c) It was raining
(d) Fires cannot be seen in daylight
13. From where had the animal come?
(a) The woods
(b) The water
(c) Brian does not know
(d) From atop the ridge
14. Brian spends the afternoon and early evening doing what?
(b) Carrying wood
(d) Searching for food
15. What valuable thing does Brian learn?
(a) There is a town nearby.
(b) Mistakes can be fatal.
(c) Coyotes only come out at night.
(d) Fish scales are edible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
2. What strange weather occurrence scared Brian?
3. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
4. Which one of these things is not seen in the water?
5. How does Brian get back into the plane?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)