|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
(b) White pine
2. Brian chided himself for being what?
(a) A city boy
3. Which of these is not an issue with storing food?
(a) Animals could get it.
(b) There are no containers to put it in.
(c) There is no more food to store.
(d) It would spoil.
4. Why couldn't Brian catch any fish?
(a) They were too fast.
(b) The water was too murky.
(c) The water was too deep.
(d) There were no fish to catch.
5. What does Brian say to the pilot after he identifies himself?
(a) Asks where he is
(b) Asks if the pilot wants to eat
(c) Wants to know how soon they can leave
(d) Wants to know if his parents are still looking for him
6. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(b) Pilot's corpse
(c) Survival pack
7. What valuable thing does Brian learn?
(a) Coyotes only come out at night.
(b) There is a town nearby.
(c) Fish scales are edible.
(d) Mistakes can be fatal.
8. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
(a) Gets sprayed
(b) Cuts his lip
(c) Hurts his arm
(d) Gets bitten
9. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
(b) White Pine
10. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
(b) Fishing equipment
(c) Candy bar
11. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
(a) Leaves them on the beach
(b) Leaves them on the raft
(c) Carries them to the shelter
(d) Hides them on the food ledge
12. What image scares Brian the most?
(a) The dead pilot
(b) Animal carcasses
(d) Hail falling from the sky
13. Brian spends the afternoon and early evening doing what?
(a) Carrying wood
(d) Searching for food
14. What causes Brian to be rescued?
(a) Lightning storm
(b) Emergency transmitter
(c) Signal Fire
15. How long has it been since the plane crashed?
(a) 53 days
(b) 42 days
(c) 31 days
(d) 47 days
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
2. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
3. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
4. What noise startles Brian from his cooking chores?
5. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)