|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image scares Brian the most?
(a) The dead pilot
(c) Animal carcasses
(d) Hail falling from the sky
2. What valuable thing does Brian learn?
(a) Mistakes can be fatal.
(b) There is a town nearby.
(c) Coyotes only come out at night.
(d) Fish scales are edible.
3. Brian spends the afternoon and early evening doing what?
(a) Searching for food
(c) Carrying wood
4. What morning activity does Brian see as being silly?
(b) Going for a long walk
(c) Carving wood
(d) Cleaning the campsite
5. Brian chided himself for being what?
(b) A city boy
6. What is Brian's reward for all the hard work?
7. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Bean stew
(b) Fish and berries
(c) Beef and potatoes
(d) Chicken and rice
8. The bird reminds Brian of a flying what?
9. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
(a) His hatchet is lost.
(b) The wood is wet.
(c) He is injured.
(d) Wood is difficult to find.
10. From where had the animal come?
(a) The water
(b) Brian does not know
(c) The woods
(d) From atop the ridge
11. What causes Brian to be rescued?
(a) Lightning storm
(c) Signal Fire
(d) Emergency transmitter
12. What strange weather occurrence scared Brian?
(a) Hail storm
(b) Electrical storm
(d) Torrential rains
13. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
(c) Bear trap
14. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
(a) The food is all gone.
(b) The fire is almost out.
(c) It is raining.
(d) There is an animal right outside.
15. Why did Brian have a hard time figuring out what animal had visited?
(a) It was too dark.
(b) The ground was too hard to leave a trace.
(c) It left no marks.
(d) He couldn't read the tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Brian catch any fish?
2. How does Brian get back into the plane?
3. What tries to steal Brian's food?
4. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
5. What caused the trees to fall?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)