|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
(a) It is raining.
(b) There is an animal right outside.
(c) The food is all gone.
(d) The fire is almost out.
2. What causes Brian to run to the top of the ridge?
3. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
4. What caused the trees to fall?
(a) Ice storm
5. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
(a) Tries to kill himself
(b) Lets the fire go out
(c) Aggravates the bear
(d) Forgets to eat
6. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
(b) Bask in the sun
(c) Climb atop a tree
(d) Pick berries
7. Where does Brian decide to store food?
(a) In a nearby cave
(b) In the shelter
(c) On a rock ledge
8. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
(a) Gets bitten
(b) Hurts his arm
(c) Gets sprayed
(d) Cuts his lip
9. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
(a) Leaves them on the beach
(b) Hides them on the food ledge
(c) Leaves them on the raft
(d) Carries them to the shelter
10. What type of bird does Brian spot near the lake?
11. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(c) Survival pack
(d) Pilot's corpse
12. What causes Brian to be rescued?
(a) Emergency transmitter
(b) Signal Fire
(c) Lightning storm
13. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Rabbit Day
(b) First Arrow Day
(c) First Meat Day
(d) First Wolf Day
14. What new tool does Brian make?
15. How long has it been since the plane crashed?
(a) 42 days
(b) 47 days
(c) 53 days
(d) 31 days
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian build from logs?
2. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
3. How does Brian get back into the plane?
4. What does Brian say to the pilot after he identifies himself?
5. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)