|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new tool does Brian make?
2. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(b) It is injured
(c) A new food source
(d) The bear's den
3. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) A makeshift net
(b) With a mesh gate
(c) He sneaks up on it
(d) By building a pit
4. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(a) Pilot's corpse
(c) Survival pack
5. What bright object catches Brian's eye?
(a) A new flock of birds
(b) A piece of shiny metal
(c) Tail of the plane
(d) The blade of the hatchet
6. What causes Brian to be rescued?
(a) Emergency transmitter
(c) Lightning storm
(d) Signal Fire
7. What caused the trees to fall?
(c) Ice storm
8. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
(a) Leaves them on the beach
(b) Hides them on the food ledge
(c) Leaves them on the raft
(d) Carries them to the shelter
9. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
10. What does Brian use for fish bait?
(b) Dead flies
11. The bird reminds Brian of a flying what?
12. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Wolf Day
(b) First Meat Day
(c) First Rabbit Day
(d) First Arrow Day
13. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
(a) Flare gun
(b) Sunken boat
(c) Survival pack
14. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
(a) He buries it.
(b) He creates a container out of rocks.
(c) He packs it in cold water.
(d) He hides it in the shelter.
15. What does Brian consider his survival skills to be?
(c) A game
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
2. What valuable thing does Brian learn?
3. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
4. Why couldn't Brian catch any fish?
5. Brian chided himself for being what?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)