|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian get back into the plane?
(a) Breaks a window
(b) Pushes in and cuts away the aluminum
(c) Saws off part of the tail
(d) He doesn't
2. What new tool does Brian make?
3. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
(a) He was afraid it would go out.
(b) It was a safe place to hide from mosquitoes.
(c) He hoped he could signal a plane.
(d) It was too cold.
4. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
(a) Tries to kill himself
(b) Aggravates the bear
(c) Lets the fire go out
(d) Forgets to eat
5. How does Brian keep track of time?
(a) Using the moon
(b) A calendar
(c) His watch
(d) Marks on the wall
6. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
7. Which one of these things is not seen in the water?
(b) Round fish
(d) Clam shell
8. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
(a) His hair is a mess.
(b) Mosquito bites have left scars.
(c) He is changing as a person.
(d) His skin is burnt and blistered.
9. Brian compares a clearing in the woods to what?
(b) Green carpet
(c) His backyard
(d) Golf course
10. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(a) It is injured
(c) The bear's den
(d) A new food source
11. What does Brian consider his survival skills to be?
(d) A game
12. How does Brian trap the potential food?
(a) With a mesh gate
(b) He sneaks up on it
(c) By building a pit
(d) A makeshift net
13. What causes Brian to run to the top of the ridge?
14. What tries to steal Brian's food?
15. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
(a) Sunken boat
(b) Flare gun
(c) Survival pack
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the animal leave behind?
2. What type of bird does Brian spot near the lake?
3. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
4. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
5. How long has it been since the plane crashed?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)