|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
(a) Brian was too tired
(b) Not enough wood
(c) Fires cannot be seen in daylight
(d) It was raining
2. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
(c) White Pine
3. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
(a) The fire is almost out.
(b) It is raining.
(c) There is an animal right outside.
(d) The food is all gone.
4. From where had the animal come?
(a) From atop the ridge
(b) The water
(c) Brian does not know
(d) The woods
5. What noise startles Brian from his cooking chores?
(a) Sound of a plane
(b) A hissing snake
(d) Rustling in the woods
6. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Meat Day
(b) First Rabbit Day
(c) First Arrow Day
(d) First Wolf Day
7. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
(a) He cannot figure out how to kill it.
(b) He needs to figure out how to keep from being pecked.
(c) He does not know how to clean it.
(d) He cannot tell if it is a male or female.
8. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
9. What causes Brian to run to the top of the ridge?
10. Brian chided himself for being what?
(a) A city boy
11. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
(a) Fire keeps mosquitoes away.
(b) He finds a new food source.
(c) Animals are repelled by smoke.
(d) There is a boat on the lake.
12. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(a) Pilot's corpse
(c) Survival pack
13. What caused the trees to fall?
(a) Ice storm
14. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
15. What prevents Brian from getting into the plane?
(a) Brian does not know where it is
(b) No opening
(c) There is nothing left
(d) It is completely under water
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brian decide to store food?
2. What does Brian build from logs?
3. What does Brian use for fish bait?
4. Which of these things was not in Brian's way to getting inside the plane?
5. What does Brian consider his survival skills to be?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)