|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
(b) Bask in the sun
(c) Climb atop a tree
(d) Pick berries
2. What morning activity does Brian see as being silly?
(a) Carving wood
(b) Going for a long walk
(c) Cleaning the campsite
3. What caused the trees to fall?
(c) Ice storm
4. What causes Brian to run to the top of the ridge?
5. Why doesn't Brian use the emergency transmitter?
(a) It is stuck in the bottom of the pack.
(b) It's too wet.
(c) He thinks it is broken.
(d) He does not know how to work it.
6. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
(a) Fires cannot be seen in daylight
(b) It was raining
(c) Brian was too tired
(d) Not enough wood
7. Why couldn't Brian catch any fish?
(a) The water was too deep.
(b) The water was too murky.
(c) There were no fish to catch.
(d) They were too fast.
8. Where does Brian decide to store food?
(a) In a nearby cave
(c) On a rock ledge
(d) In the shelter
9. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
(c) White Pine
10. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Bean stew
(b) Fish and berries
(c) Chicken and rice
(d) Beef and potatoes
11. What causes Brian to be rescued?
(a) Emergency transmitter
(b) Signal Fire
(c) Lightning storm
12. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
(a) His hair is a mess.
(b) He is changing as a person.
(c) Mosquito bites have left scars.
(d) His skin is burnt and blistered.
13. What did the animal leave behind?
14. What noise startles Brian from his cooking chores?
(b) Sound of a plane
(c) A hissing snake
(d) Rustling in the woods
15. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
(a) His leg hurts.
(b) No one is coming for him.
(c) It's bitterly cold.
(d) He is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
2. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
3. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
4. The bird reminds Brian of a flying what?
5. Brian compares a clearing in the woods to what?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)