|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bird reminds Brian of a flying what?
2. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Fish and berries
(b) Chicken and rice
(c) Beef and potatoes
(d) Bean stew
3. How long has it been since the plane crashed?
(a) 31 days
(b) 53 days
(c) 47 days
(d) 42 days
4. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
(a) No one is coming for him.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) It's bitterly cold.
5. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(a) A new food source
(c) The bear's den
(d) It is injured
6. What was Brian's main concern about the new food?
(a) It was raw.
(b) The animal might come back for it.
(c) It had dirt all over it.
(d) It looked spoiled.
7. Why couldn't Brian catch any fish?
(a) The water was too deep.
(b) The water was too murky.
(c) They were too fast.
(d) There were no fish to catch.
8. Which best explains Brian's condition after he gets out of the plane?
9. What causes Brian to be rescued?
(a) Emergency transmitter
(c) Signal Fire
(d) Lightning storm
10. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Rabbit Day
(b) First Wolf Day
(c) First Meat Day
(d) First Arrow Day
11. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
12. Which of these things was not in Brian's way to getting inside the plane?
13. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
(c) White Pine
14. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
(a) He broke an arrow.
(b) He cut his hand.
(c) He does not know how to swim.
(d) He dropped the hatchet.
15. What prevents Brian from getting into the plane?
(a) No opening
(b) Brian does not know where it is
(c) There is nothing left
(d) It is completely under water
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
2. Brian chided himself for being what?
3. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
4. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
5. What caused the trees to fall?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)