|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brian decide to store food?
(a) In a nearby cave
(c) In the shelter
(d) On a rock ledge
2. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
(a) He cannot figure out how to kill it.
(b) He cannot tell if it is a male or female.
(c) He needs to figure out how to keep from being pecked.
(d) He does not know how to clean it.
3. Why couldn't Brian catch any fish?
(a) The water was too murky.
(b) The water was too deep.
(c) There were no fish to catch.
(d) They were too fast.
4. Which of these things was not in Brian's way to getting inside the plane?
5. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
(a) Sunken boat
(b) Flare gun
(c) Survival pack
6. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
(b) Fishing equipment
(c) Candy bar
7. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Arrow Day
(b) First Wolf Day
(c) First Rabbit Day
(d) First Meat Day
8. The bird reminds Brian of a flying what?
9. How does Brian get back into the plane?
(a) Saws off part of the tail
(b) Breaks a window
(c) Pushes in and cuts away the aluminum
(d) He doesn't
10. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
(a) His skin is burnt and blistered.
(b) He is changing as a person.
(c) Mosquito bites have left scars.
(d) His hair is a mess.
11. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(b) The bear's den
(c) A new food source
(d) It is injured
12. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
(a) There is an animal right outside.
(b) The fire is almost out.
(c) It is raining.
(d) The food is all gone.
13. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
14. What morning activity does Brian see as being silly?
(a) Carving wood
(c) Cleaning the campsite
(d) Going for a long walk
15. How does Brian keep track of time?
(a) A calendar
(b) His watch
(c) Using the moon
(d) Marks on the wall
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange weather occurrence scared Brian?
2. Which best explains Brian's condition after he gets out of the plane?
3. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
4. What tries to steal Brian's food?
5. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)