|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
(b) Candy bar
(c) Fishing equipment
2. What type of bird does Brian spot near the lake?
3. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
(b) Climb atop a tree
(c) Bask in the sun
(d) Pick berries
4. What causes Brian to run to the top of the ridge?
5. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
(a) It's bitterly cold.
(b) His leg hurts.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) No one is coming for him.
6. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
(a) Hides them on the food ledge
(b) Carries them to the shelter
(c) Leaves them on the beach
(d) Leaves them on the raft
7. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
(a) He was afraid it would go out.
(b) It was too cold.
(c) It was a safe place to hide from mosquitoes.
(d) He hoped he could signal a plane.
8. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
(a) He finds a new food source.
(b) Animals are repelled by smoke.
(c) There is a boat on the lake.
(d) Fire keeps mosquitoes away.
9. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(a) Survival pack
(d) Pilot's corpse
10. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
11. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
12. What tries to steal Brian's food?
13. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(b) A new food source
(c) It is injured
(d) The bear's den
14. What was the next tool Brian created?
15. What does Brian make for dinner?
(a) Chicken and rice
(b) Beef and potatoes
(c) Fish and berries
(d) Bean stew
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brian decide to store food?
2. What does Brian build from logs?
3. Which one of these things is not seen in the water?
4. What image scares Brian the most?
5. Which of these is not an issue with storing food?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)