|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
(a) His leg hurts.
(b) No one is coming for him.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) It's bitterly cold.
2. From where had the animal come?
(a) Brian does not know
(b) From atop the ridge
(c) The water
(d) The woods
3. Which of these is not an issue with storing food?
(a) Animals could get it.
(b) There are no containers to put it in.
(c) It would spoil.
(d) There is no more food to store.
4. How does Brian keep track of time?
(a) Marks on the wall
(b) His watch
(c) Using the moon
(d) A calendar
5. Brian chided himself for being what?
(d) A city boy
6. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
(a) It was a safe place to hide from mosquitoes.
(b) It was too cold.
(c) He hoped he could signal a plane.
(d) He was afraid it would go out.
7. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
(a) Not enough wood
(b) It was raining
(c) Brian was too tired
(d) Fires cannot be seen in daylight
8. What prevents Brian from getting into the plane?
(a) No opening
(b) It is completely under water
(c) There is nothing left
(d) Brian does not know where it is
9. What was Brian's main concern about the new food?
(a) It was raw.
(b) It looked spoiled.
(c) The animal might come back for it.
(d) It had dirt all over it.
10. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
(a) Hides them on the food ledge
(b) Leaves them on the raft
(c) Carries them to the shelter
(d) Leaves them on the beach
11. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
12. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
(a) His skin is leathery.
(b) His hair is matted.
(c) He has lost weight.
(d) He limps.
13. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(a) Pilot's corpse
(c) Survival pack
14. What was the next tool Brian created?
15. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
(c) Bear trap
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian make for dinner?
2. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
3. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
4. What tries to steal Brian's food?
5. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)