|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brian decide to store food?
(b) In the shelter
(c) On a rock ledge
(d) In a nearby cave
2. What did the animal leave behind?
3. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
(a) Mosquito bites have left scars.
(b) He is changing as a person.
(c) His hair is a mess.
(d) His skin is burnt and blistered.
4. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
(c) Bear trap
5. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
6. Brian chided himself for being what?
(a) A city boy
7. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
(a) Brian was too tired
(b) Not enough wood
(c) Fires cannot be seen in daylight
(d) It was raining
8. How does Brian keep track of time?
(a) His watch
(b) Using the moon
(c) Marks on the wall
(d) A calendar
9. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
(a) It's bitterly cold.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) No one is coming for him.
(d) His leg hurts.
10. What morning activity does Brian see as being silly?
(a) Cleaning the campsite
(c) Carving wood
(d) Going for a long walk
11. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
(d) White pine
12. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
(a) Leaves them on the beach
(b) Carries them to the shelter
(c) Leaves them on the raft
(d) Hides them on the food ledge
13. What does Brian build from logs?
(b) Barbecue pit
14. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Meat Day
(b) First Rabbit Day
(c) First Arrow Day
(d) First Wolf Day
15. What does Brian consider his survival skills to be?
(c) A game
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian get back into the plane?
2. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
3. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
4. What new tool does Brian make?
5. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)