|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
(b) Climb atop a tree
(c) Bask in the sun
(d) Pick berries
2. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
(a) He does not know how to swim.
(b) He broke an arrow.
(c) He dropped the hatchet.
(d) He cut his hand.
3. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
(a) Sunken boat
(c) Flare gun
(d) Survival pack
4. What bright object catches Brian's eye?
(a) A new flock of birds
(b) A piece of shiny metal
(c) Tail of the plane
(d) The blade of the hatchet
5. What tries to steal Brian's food?
6. What was the next tool Brian created?
7. Which of these items was not seen in the plane?
(c) Survival pack
(d) Pilot's corpse
8. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
(a) They tended to attack if he got too close.
(b) He didn't know how.
(c) They were camouflaged.
(d) They were too fast.
9. What image scares Brian the most?
(a) The dead pilot
(b) Hail falling from the sky
(c) Animal carcasses
10. Which best explains Brian's condition after he gets out of the plane?
11. From where had the animal come?
(a) Brian does not know
(b) The woods
(c) From atop the ridge
(d) The water
12. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
(a) Candy bar
(d) Fishing equipment
13. Why was it nearly impossible to burn a signal fire at all times?
(a) Fires cannot be seen in daylight
(b) Not enough wood
(c) Brian was too tired
(d) It was raining
14. What type of bird does Brian spot near the lake?
15. What does Brian do with the items he takes from the plane?
(a) Carries them to the shelter
(b) Leaves them on the beach
(c) Leaves them on the raft
(d) Hides them on the food ledge
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
2. What does Brian build from logs?
3. What new tool does Brian make?
4. Why couldn't Brian catch any fish?
5. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)