|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
(a) Cuts his lip
(b) Gets sprayed
(c) Hurts his arm
(d) Gets bitten
2. What does Brian say to the pilot after he identifies himself?
(a) Wants to know how soon they can leave
(b) Wants to know if his parents are still looking for him
(c) Asks where he is
(d) Asks if the pilot wants to eat
3. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Rabbit Day
(b) First Wolf Day
(c) First Arrow Day
(d) First Meat Day
4. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
(b) Sunken boat
(c) Flare gun
(d) Survival pack
5. How does Brian get back into the plane?
(a) Pushes in and cuts away the aluminum
(b) Saws off part of the tail
(c) Breaks a window
(d) He doesn't
6. What morning activity does Brian see as being silly?
(b) Carving wood
(c) Going for a long walk
(d) Cleaning the campsite
7. What types of trees were dead on the ground?
(d) White pine
8. Why does Brian's physical appearance affect him?
(a) Mosquito bites have left scars.
(b) His skin is burnt and blistered.
(c) His hair is a mess.
(d) He is changing as a person.
9. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
10. Which best explains Brian's condition after he gets out of the plane?
11. Which of these things was not in Brian's way to getting inside the plane?
12. What does Brian narrowly avoid stepping on in the woods?
(d) Bear trap
13. Brian chided himself for being what?
(a) A city boy
14. Why did Brian have a hard time figuring out what animal had visited?
(a) The ground was too hard to leave a trace.
(b) It left no marks.
(c) It was too dark.
(d) He couldn't read the tracks.
15. What image scares Brian the most?
(a) Animal carcasses
(b) Hail falling from the sky
(c) The dead pilot
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian spends the afternoon and early evening doing what?
2. What prevents Brian from getting into the plane?
3. What does Brian discover when he first wakes up in the night?
4. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
5. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)