|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most noticeable about Brian's appearance?
(a) His skin is leathery.
(b) His hair is matted.
(c) He limps.
(d) He has lost weight.
2. What morning activity does Brian see as being silly?
(a) Going for a long walk
(c) Carving wood
(d) Cleaning the campsite
3. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
(a) Flare gun
(b) Sunken boat
(d) Survival pack
4. What does Brian build from logs?
(c) Barbecue pit
5. Brian spends the afternoon and early evening doing what?
(a) Carrying wood
(b) Searching for food
6. What type of wood is used to create the new tool?
(b) White Pine
7. From where had the animal come?
(a) The woods
(b) The water
(c) From atop the ridge
(d) Brian does not know
8. What animal came toward Brian's shelter in the night?
9. What was Brian's main concern about the new food?
(a) It had dirt all over it.
(b) It was raw.
(c) The animal might come back for it.
(d) It looked spoiled.
10. Why is Brian so angry with himself?
(a) He dropped the hatchet.
(b) He does not know how to swim.
(c) He broke an arrow.
(d) He cut his hand.
11. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Meat Day
(b) First Arrow Day
(c) First Wolf Day
(d) First Rabbit Day
12. What tries to steal Brian's food?
13. Why did Brian have a hard time figuring out what animal had visited?
(a) It was too dark.
(b) The ground was too hard to leave a trace.
(c) He couldn't read the tracks.
(d) It left no marks.
14. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(a) It is injured
(b) A new food source
(c) The bear's den
15. What bright object catches Brian's eye?
(a) A piece of shiny metal
(b) Tail of the plane
(c) A new flock of birds
(d) The blade of the hatchet
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not an issue with storing food?
2. Which of these things did not happen after Brian became depressed?
3. The bird reminds Brian of a flying what?
4. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
5. What valuable thing does Brian learn?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)