|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian preserve the remaining food?
(a) He hides it in the shelter.
(b) He buries it.
(c) He packs it in cold water.
(d) He creates a container out of rocks.
2. What causes Brian to run to the top of the ridge?
3. Which of these is not one of Brian's "First Days?"
(a) First Wolf Day
(b) First Arrow Day
(c) First Meat Day
(d) First Rabbit Day
4. What image scares Brian the most?
(a) The dead pilot
(b) Animal carcasses
(d) Hail falling from the sky
5. With what animal does Brian reach an unspoken agreement?
6. What does Brian consider to be a wonderful discovery?
(a) Animals are repelled by smoke.
(b) Fire keeps mosquitoes away.
(c) He finds a new food source.
(d) There is a boat on the lake.
7. Why was it so hard for Brian to kill a bird?
(a) They were too fast.
(b) They tended to attack if he got too close.
(c) He didn't know how.
(d) They were camouflaged.
8. Which of these things does not hinder Brian from building a new fire?
(a) Wood is difficult to find.
(b) His hatchet is lost.
(c) He is injured.
(d) The wood is wet.
9. Which of these items was not in the survival pack?
(b) Candy bar
(d) Fishing equipment
10. From where had the animal come?
(a) Brian does not know
(b) The woods
(c) From atop the ridge
(d) The water
11. What happens when Brian tries to protect the food?
(a) Hurts his arm
(b) Gets bitten
(c) Cuts his lip
(d) Gets sprayed
12. What large item does Brian try to retrieve from the water?
(a) Flare gun
(c) Sunken boat
(d) Survival pack
13. What important thing does Brian notice next time he sees a bear?
(b) It is injured
(c) A new food source
(d) The bear's den
14. Why does Brian feel so hopeless?
(a) It's bitterly cold.
(b) No one is coming for him.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) His leg hurts.
15. Where does Brian decide to store food?
(a) On a rock ledge
(b) In a nearby cave
(d) In the shelter
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Brian refuse to leave the fire longer than a few moments?
2. The bird encouraged Brian to what?
3. What morning activity does Brian see as being silly?
4. A group of what lives on the opposite shore?
5. What tries to steal Brian's food?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)