|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before going to bed, what did Brian do?
(a) Added more branches to the shelter
(b) Built a fire
(c) Took a bath in the lake
(d) Put the hatchet within easy reach
2. Where is Brian injured?
3. Why does Brian try to destroy his reflection?
(a) There are cuts on his face.
(b) The water blinds him.
(c) He sees nothing but empty sky.
(d) He's bitten up and ugly.
4. Where was the airport located where Brian met the pilot?
(a) Orlando, FL
(b) Bangor, ME
(c) Hampton, NY
(d) Newark, NJ
5. Who did Brian wish was with him?
(c) His father
(d) His dog
6. How did Brian feel when the sparks failed to make a fire?
7. Who gives Brian the hatchet?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(c) A friend
(d) Boy Scout leader
8. Landing a plane on the water is like hitting what?
9. Which of these did not happen after the engine coughed?
(b) Roared violently
(c) Propeller stopped
(d) Restarted itself
10. What wakes Brian?
(a) His ailing stomach
(b) The sound of a plane
11. What relentlessly attacked Brian?
12. Where did Brian hit his head?
(b) Safety harness
(c) Head rest
13. What does Brian think about when he's trying to go back to sleep?
(a) The plane crash
(b) Video games
(c) His dog
(d) His mother kissing the blond man
14. What was the animal that wandered into the shelter?
15. What kind of car was Brian's mother sitting in at the mall?
(a) Station wagon
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things doesn't Brian remember about that day?
2. What happened when Brian realized the plane was going to run out of fuel?
3. Who was Brian riding bikes with at the mall?
4. What encouraged Brian to continue trying to create fire?
5. What does Brian intend to tell his father?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)