|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food did Brian wish for?
2. Landing a plane on the water is like hitting what?
3. What kind of car was Brian's mother sitting in at the mall?
(c) Station wagon
4. What kind of branches did Brian use for his shelter?
5. Brian compared his attackers to what?
(a) Kamikaze pilots
6. The berries reminded Brian of what?
(a) Fruit cake
(b) Pancake syrup
(c) Cotton candy
7. Where was the rest of the food kept?
(a) Hanging on a tree branch
(b) In a hole in the ground
(c) In the windbreaker
(d) In shallow water
8. After the engine was silent, what was the only noise Brian heard?
(a) Radio static
(b) Ticking clock
(c) His own heartbeat
9. What does Brian intend to tell his father?
(a) The secret
(b) That he wants to live in Canada full time
(c) That he wants to be a pilot
(d) That he is hungry
10. Brian plans to protect himself from the animals by doing what?
(a) Climbing a tree
(b) Building a shelter
(c) Swimming to the other side of the lake
(d) Starting a fire
11. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
(d) Tree limbs
12. What shape was the lake Brian spotted?
13. How long was Brian supposed to stay with his father?
(a) Three weeks
(b) A couple of months
(c) Six months
14. Why did Brian think he couldn't land in the water?
(a) The plane was out of control.
(b) He was too scared.
(c) He didn't know how to land.
(d) It wasn't close enough.
15. What is Brian's mother's secret?
(a) She lost her job.
(b) She is a kleptomaniac.
(c) She was unfaithful.
(d) She doesn't know how to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Brian build his shelter?
2. For what type of food does Brian search?
3. Which of these was not an item used to start a fire?
4. What did Brian have to say at the end of each sentence when talking into the radio?
5. Who did Brian wish was with him?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)