|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the missing element to create a good fire?
(d) Dry wood
2. What happened when Brian realized the plane was going to run out of fuel?
(a) He called 9-1-1.
(b) He read the instruction manual.
(c) He threw up.
(d) He looked for more fuel.
3. For what did Brian wish?
(a) A friend
(b) A bed
(c) His brother
4. What type of vehicle might the rescuers use?
5. What type of tree does Brian use to try and start the fire?
6. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
(a) Tree limbs
7. What was Brian's best hope for rescue?
(a) People would see the flare gun.
(b) Officials would follow the pilot's flight plan.
(c) People would hear him screaming for help.
(d) People would see a fire on the beach.
8. What noises did Brian hear when the plane crashed?
9. How was the country different from the city Brian called home?
(a) More daylight
(b) It was scary
(c) No ice cream
(d) Absence of sounds
10. Which emotion did Brian equate with the bear?
11. At night Brian had to protect himself from what?
(c) Black flies
12. Why did Brian stop running from the bear?
(a) He spotted a bigger bear.
(b) The bear wasn't going to hurt him.
(c) He tripped.
(d) He sprained his ankle.
13. How much money does Brian have in his wallet?
14. How did Brian get out of the plane?
(a) Swam through the broken windshield
(b) Climbed through the door onto a tree branch
(c) He didn't get out
(d) Jumped out through the emergency exit
15. What hindered Brian's search for firewood?
(d) Sore leg
Short Answer Questions
1. Before going to bed, what did Brian do?
2. What broke the plane's windshield?
3. What relentlessly attacked Brian?
4. What was the result of the radio conversation?
5. Where does Brian think the plane landed?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)