|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of branches did Brian use for his shelter?
2. How does Brian haul food back to the shelter?
(b) Carries it
3. What do the pedals on the floor of the plane control?
(a) Engine speed
4. How did Brian get out of the plane?
(a) Climbed through the door onto a tree branch
(b) He didn't get out
(c) Jumped out through the emergency exit
(d) Swam through the broken windshield
5. To what did Brian attribute his strange frame of mind?
(a) Head injury
(b) Almost drowning
6. Brian plans to protect himself from the animals by doing what?
(a) Swimming to the other side of the lake
(b) Climbing a tree
(c) Building a shelter
(d) Starting a fire
7. What was the result of the radio conversation?
(a) Brian received instructions on landing.
(b) The other person couldn't help.
(c) Brian lost contact.
(d) The radio stopped working.
8. What broke the plane's windshield?
(b) Brian's head
9. Which location was not an option for landing the plane?
(a) Grassy meadow
10. How often did Brian try to reach someone by radio?
(a) Every ten minutes
(b) Every 5 minutes
(c) Once every half hour
(d) Every 15 minutes
11. The berries reminded Brian of what?
(b) Fruit cake
(c) Cotton candy
(d) Pancake syrup
12. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
(d) Tree limbs
13. What does Brian call the food he ate?
(b) Slimy bark
(c) Dog food
(d) Gut cherries
14. What did Brian notice when he touched the pilot?
(a) He was breathing quietly.
(b) He had a pulse.
(c) He was only sleeping.
(d) His skin was cold.
15. What relentlessly attacked Brian?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a pilot pushes the wheel in?
2. What was Brian's first attempt to control the plane?
3. Where did Brian spot the bear?
4. For what did Brian wish?
5. What day does Brian's mother go to exercise class?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)