|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pedals on the floor of the plane control?
(b) Engine speed
2. Brian hoped the fire would keep what away?
3. Where is Brian injured?
4. What were the people in Brian's dream trying to tell him?
(a) That a plane was coming
(b) That no one knew where Brian was
(c) That they missed him
(d) How to build a fire
5. What kind of car was Brian's mother sitting in at the mall?
(d) Station wagon
6. How long was Brian supposed to stay with his father?
(a) Six months
(b) A couple of months
(c) Three weeks
7. What shape was the lake Brian spotted?
8. What was most harmful to Brian's survival?
(b) Wild animals
9. What is The Secret?
(a) Brian is caught shoplifting
(b) Brian is failing math
(c) His friend is in a gang
(d) Brian's mother's affair
10. Which of these was not an item used to start a fire?
(a) Tree bark
(b) Pine branches
11. Who gives Brian the hatchet?
(a) A friend
(b) His mother
(c) Boy Scout leader
(d) His father
12. What cargo was going with Brian in the airplane?
(a) Medical supplies
(b) Car parts
(c) Drilling equipment
(d) Military weapons
13. Where does the pilot sit in the plane?
(a) Control room
14. Why did Brian think he couldn't land in the water?
(a) It wasn't close enough.
(b) He was too scared.
(c) The plane was out of control.
(d) He didn't know how to land.
15. To what does Brian compare his thoughts?
(a) Riding a bike
(b) Black hole
(c) Sloshing oil
(d) Tidal wave
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the country different from the city Brian called home?
2. What concerned Brian about drinking from the lake?
3. What happens when a pilot pushes the wheel in?
4. Before going to bed, what did Brian do?
5. Who always talked about being positive?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)