|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did Brian wish?
(a) A bed
(c) His brother
(d) A friend
2. What wakes Brian?
(c) His ailing stomach
(d) The sound of a plane
3. Which emotion did Brian equate with the bear?
4. How does Brian haul food back to the shelter?
(c) Carries it
5. What happens to the pilot during Brian's first flight?
(a) Has a heart attack
(b) Crashes the plane
(c) Gets shot
(d) Jumps out of the plane
6. Why did Brian think he couldn't land in the water?
(a) It wasn't close enough.
(b) The plane was out of control.
(c) He was too scared.
(d) He didn't know how to land.
7. What was Brian's best hope for rescue?
(a) People would hear him screaming for help.
(b) People would see the flare gun.
(c) Officials would follow the pilot's flight plan.
(d) People would see a fire on the beach.
8. To what does Brian compare his thoughts?
(a) Black hole
(b) Riding a bike
(c) Sloshing oil
(d) Tidal wave
9. What type of vehicle might the rescuers use?
10. Which of these things was not a problem for Brian?
(a) Sprained shoulder
(d) Cracked lips
11. After the engine was silent, what was the only noise Brian heard?
(a) His own heartbeat
(b) Radio static
(d) Ticking clock
12. For what type of food does Brian search?
13. What noises did Brian hear when the plane crashed?
14. What does Brian's father do for a living?
(a) Insurance Salesman
(b) Mechanical engineer
15. Where does Brian think the plane landed?
(a) North Woods
(c) Upstate New York
(d) Nova Scotia
Short Answer Questions
1. How many berries did Brian think he ate?
2. Why does Brian try to destroy his reflection?
3. How could the hatchet help Brian survive?
4. At first, Brian could only see what through the windshield of the plane?
5. What led Brian to the food?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)