|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accessory comes with the hatchet?
(a) Safety instructions
(b) First aid kit
(c) Sharpening stone
(d) Leather case
2. What happened to Brian's hatchet?
(a) It was nicked.
(b) The handle broke.
(c) It was lost outside in the brush.
(d) It began to rust.
3. At first, Brian could only see what through the windshield of the plane?
4. What was the first thing the plane hit before it landed?
(b) Pine trees
5. What type of vehicle might the rescuers use?
6. What was the result of the radio conversation?
(a) Brian received instructions on landing.
(b) The other person couldn't help.
(c) Brian lost contact.
(d) The radio stopped working.
7. What woke Brian from a sound sleep?
(a) The sunrise
(b) Stomach pains
(d) An animal
8. What does Brian's father do for a living?
(a) Mechanical engineer
(b) Insurance Salesman
9. What broke the plane's windshield?
(d) Brian's head
10. What food did Brian wish for?
11. What was most harmful to Brian's survival?
(d) Wild animals
12. Brian was careful to keep what in his sight as he explored?
13. Brian reminisces about what?
(a) Going to the beach
(b) Thanksgiving dinner
(c) His first bike
(d) Ice cream
14. How did Brian feel when the sparks failed to make a fire?
15. What wakes Brian?
(a) His ailing stomach
(c) The sound of a plane
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a benefit of having a fire?
2. What type of birds was not among the flock?
3. What day does Brian's mother go to exercise class?
4. How often did Brian try to reach someone by radio?
5. Before going to bed, what did Brian do?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)