|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food did Brian wish for?
2. Where did Brian hit his head?
(a) Safety harness
(c) Head rest
3. When did Brian's father move out?
4. Which of these injuries was not inflicted on Brian?
(b) Swollen eye
(c) Inability to move
(d) Broken leg
5. What two items did Brian use to create spark?
(a) Two sticks
(b) Watch crystal
(c) Two stones
(d) Hatchet and black stone
6. What happened to Brian's hatchet?
(a) It began to rust.
(b) It was lost outside in the brush.
(c) The handle broke.
(d) It was nicked.
7. After the engine was silent, what was the only noise Brian heard?
(a) Radio static
(b) Ticking clock
(c) His own heartbeat
8. What were the people in Brian's dream trying to tell him?
(a) That a plane was coming
(b) That no one knew where Brian was
(c) That they missed him
(d) How to build a fire
9. How does Brian haul food back to the shelter?
(d) Carries it
10. What do the pedals on the floor of the plane control?
(a) Engine speed
11. How many berries did Brian think he ate?
(a) Two pounds
(c) One pound
12. What did Brian have to say at the end of each sentence when talking into the radio?
13. Which of these is not a benefit of having a fire?
(b) Keeping animals at bay
(c) Good smell
14. Where was the rest of the food kept?
(a) In shallow water
(b) In a hole in the ground
(c) In the windbreaker
(d) Hanging on a tree branch
15. What was the result of the radio conversation?
(a) Brian received instructions on landing.
(b) The radio stopped working.
(c) The other person couldn't help.
(d) Brian lost contact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
2. Which emotion did Brian equate with the bear?
3. What was Brian's first attempt to control the plane?
4. What type of birds was not among the flock?
5. Which piece of information was not vital to discovering the plane's location?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)