|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the airport located where Brian met the pilot?
(a) Hampton, NY
(b) Orlando, FL
(c) Newark, NJ
(d) Bangor, ME
2. What accessory comes with the hatchet?
(a) First aid kit
(b) Leather case
(c) Safety instructions
(d) Sharpening stone
3. Where does Brian's father work?
(d) New York
4. What encouraged Brian to continue trying to create fire?
(a) He was cold.
(b) He was sick of being attacked by mosquitoes.
(c) His father told him he could do it .
(d) He knew people had been doing it for millions of years.
5. What was the animal that wandered into the shelter?
6. Which location was not an option for landing the plane?
(b) Grassy meadow
7. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
(c) Tree limbs
8. What type of birds was not among the flock?
(d) Red birds
9. Before going to bed, what did Brian do?
(a) Added more branches to the shelter
(b) Took a bath in the lake
(c) Put the hatchet within easy reach
(d) Built a fire
10. Why did Brian stop running from the bear?
(a) He sprained his ankle.
(b) He tripped.
(c) The bear wasn't going to hurt him.
(d) He spotted a bigger bear.
11. What was most harmful to Brian's survival?
(b) Wild animals
12. Where is Brian injured?
13. What two items did Brian use to create spark?
(a) Two stones
(b) Two sticks
(c) Hatchet and black stone
(d) Watch crystal
14. Brian reminisces about what?
(a) Ice cream
(b) His first bike
(c) Going to the beach
(d) Thanksgiving dinner
15. What was the result of the radio conversation?
(a) The other person couldn't help.
(b) Brian received instructions on landing.
(c) The radio stopped working.
(d) Brian lost contact.
Short Answer Questions
1. At night Brian had to protect himself from what?
2. What is the best tool Brian used to get help?
3. The berries reminded Brian of what?
4. What does Brian's father do for a living?
5. What did Brian do once he was safely out of the plane?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)