|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a benefit of having a fire?
(a) Good smell
(c) Keeping animals at bay
2. What happened when Brian realized the plane was going to run out of fuel?
(a) He read the instruction manual.
(b) He looked for more fuel.
(c) He called 9-1-1.
(d) He threw up.
3. Where does Brian think the plane landed?
(a) Upstate New York
(b) Nova Scotia
(c) North Woods
4. Which piece of information was not vital to discovering the plane's location?
(a) Brian's name
(b) Flight number
(d) Originating airport
5. What was the animal that wandered into the shelter?
6. Which of these was not an item used to start a fire?
(b) Tree bark
(d) Pine branches
7. What happened when Brian reached the ground safely?
(a) There were people waiting to help.
(b) He rescued the pilot.
(c) He was attacked by animals.
(d) He blacked out.
8. What shape was the lake Brian spotted?
9. What did Brian have to say at the end of each sentence when talking into the radio?
10. Landing a plane on the water is like hitting what?
11. What kind of car was Brian's mother sitting in at the mall?
(c) Station wagon
12. What was the result of the radio conversation?
(a) The radio stopped working.
(b) The other person couldn't help.
(c) Brian received instructions on landing.
(d) Brian lost contact.
13. At first, Brian could only see what through the windshield of the plane?
14. Why did Brian think he couldn't land in the water?
(a) The plane was out of control.
(b) He didn't know how to land.
(c) He was too scared.
(d) It wasn't close enough.
15. What does Brian think about when he's trying to go back to sleep?
(a) The plane crash
(b) His dog
(c) His mother kissing the blond man
(d) Video games
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first plane Brian flies in?
2. Which of these things was not a problem for Brian?
3. How much money does Brian have in his wallet?
4. What prevented Brian from suffocating in the shelter?
5. What did Brian not grab onto as he tried to get free of the wreckage?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)