|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brian think the plane landed?
(b) Upstate New York
(c) Nova Scotia
(d) North Woods
2. Why did Brian stop running from the bear?
(a) He tripped.
(b) The bear wasn't going to hurt him.
(c) He spotted a bigger bear.
(d) He sprained his ankle.
3. What happened when Brian realized the plane was going to run out of fuel?
(a) He looked for more fuel.
(b) He called 9-1-1.
(c) He threw up.
(d) He read the instruction manual.
4. Brian reminisces about what?
(a) His first bike
(b) Ice cream
(c) Going to the beach
(d) Thanksgiving dinner
5. What animal did Brian think he saw in the pond?
6. What was Terry doing in the park?
(a) Playing basketball
(c) Lighting a barbecue
(d) Riding a bike
7. What was the result of the radio conversation?
(a) Brian received instructions on landing.
(b) The radio stopped working.
(c) Brian lost contact.
(d) The other person couldn't help.
8. Which location was not an option for landing the plane?
(d) Grassy meadow
9. What broke the plane's windshield?
(d) Brian's head
10. Which piece of information was not vital to discovering the plane's location?
(a) Flight number
(b) Originating airport
(d) Brian's name
11. What kind of car was Brian's mother sitting in at the mall?
(d) Station wagon
12. To what did Brian attribute his strange frame of mind?
(a) Head injury
(c) Almost drowning
13. How did Brian get out of the plane?
(a) He didn't get out
(b) Climbed through the door onto a tree branch
(c) Swam through the broken windshield
(d) Jumped out through the emergency exit
14. What was Brian's best hope for rescue?
(a) People would see a fire on the beach.
(b) People would see the flare gun.
(c) People would hear him screaming for help.
(d) Officials would follow the pilot's flight plan.
15. Where does the pilot sit in the plane?
(c) Control room
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle might the rescuers use?
2. How often did Brian try to reach someone by radio?
3. For what did Brian wish?
4. What is the best tool Brian used to get help?
5. Who appeared to Brian first in his dream?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)