|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Brian's hatchet?
(a) It began to rust.
(b) The handle broke.
(c) It was nicked.
(d) It was lost outside in the brush.
2. Which piece of information was not vital to discovering the plane's location?
(a) Originating airport
(b) Brian's name
(d) Flight number
3. Landing a plane on the water is like hitting what?
4. Brian plans to protect himself from the animals by doing what?
(a) Climbing a tree
(b) Building a shelter
(c) Swimming to the other side of the lake
(d) Starting a fire
5. What broke the plane's windshield?
(c) Brian's head
6. How often did Brian try to reach someone by radio?
(a) Every 15 minutes
(b) Every 5 minutes
(c) Once every half hour
(d) Every ten minutes
7. Where does Brian think the plane landed?
(a) Upstate New York
(b) Nova Scotia
(d) North Woods
8. What wakes Brian?
(b) The sound of a plane
(c) His ailing stomach
9. Where is Brian injured?
10. What concerned Brian about drinking from the lake?
(a) There were snakes in the water.
(b) He remembered being sick from swallowing the water before.
(c) He didn't know if it was safe.
(d) He couldn't get to the cleanest part.
11. What happened when Brian reached the ground safely?
(a) He rescued the pilot.
(b) There were people waiting to help.
(c) He blacked out.
(d) He was attacked by animals.
12. Brian compared his attackers to what?
(b) Kamikaze pilots
13. Which of these things was not a problem for Brian?
(a) Sprained shoulder
(b) Cracked lips
14. What does Brian call the food he ate?
(a) Gut cherries
(b) Slimy bark
(d) Dog food
15. Who always talked about being positive?
(c) Grandma Harriet
(d) Brian's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Brian have in his wallet?
2. What was the result of the radio conversation?
3. What two items did Brian use to create spark?
4. Who did Brian wish was with him?
5. What do the pedals on the floor of the plane control?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)