|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these was not an item used to start a fire?
(a) Tree bark
(d) Pine branches
2. Why did Brian stop running from the bear?
(a) He spotted a bigger bear.
(b) He sprained his ankle.
(c) The bear wasn't going to hurt him.
(d) He tripped.
3. Which of these things in relation to the lake were not mentioned by Brian?
4. What cargo was going with Brian in the airplane?
(a) Military weapons
(b) Car parts
(c) Medical supplies
(d) Drilling equipment
5. Which of these is not a benefit of having a fire?
(b) Keeping animals at bay
(d) Good smell
6. To what does Brian compare his thoughts?
(a) Tidal wave
(b) Sloshing oil
(c) Riding a bike
(d) Black hole
7. At first, Brian could only see what through the windshield of the plane?
8. How did Brian feel when the sparks failed to make a fire?
9. What broke the plane's windshield?
(b) Brian's head
10. Before going to bed, what did Brian do?
(a) Put the hatchet within easy reach
(b) Added more branches to the shelter
(c) Took a bath in the lake
(d) Built a fire
11. What was Brian's best hope for rescue?
(a) People would see the flare gun.
(b) People would hear him screaming for help.
(c) People would see a fire on the beach.
(d) Officials would follow the pilot's flight plan.
12. What does Brian's father do for a living?
(b) Insurance Salesman
(d) Mechanical engineer
13. How did Brian get out of the plane?
(a) Jumped out through the emergency exit
(b) Swam through the broken windshield
(c) He didn't get out
(d) Climbed through the door onto a tree branch
14. Which of these did not happen after the engine coughed?
(b) Restarted itself
(c) Propeller stopped
(d) Roared violently
15. What was the first thing the plane hit before it landed?
(a) Pine trees
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people in Brian's dream trying to tell him?
2. Which of these things doesn't Brian remember about that day?
3. How much money does Brian have in his wallet?
4. What happened when Brian reached the ground safely?
5. What hindered Brian's search for firewood?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)