Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe Brian's attitude when leaving for Canada.
2. What makes Brian hook the hatchet to his belt?
3. How does Brian feel when he flies the plane for the first time?
4. How does Brian know what is happening to the pilot?
5. What are Brian's choices after the pilot dies?
6. Why does the plan to reach help through the radio fail?
7. Explain why Brian compares flying the plane to his home life.
8. Why is flying the plane the only option in the first few hours?
9. Explain why Brian chooses the water as the place to land the plane.
10. Examine why landing on the ground might have been better.
11. Explain how Brian feels when the plane finally stops.
12. Name at least two things for which Brian should be grateful.
13. What is lost when Brian learns about the secret?
14. Explain why Brian blames his mother for the current situation.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)