|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Brian think he couldn't land in the water?
(a) He didn't know how to land.
(b) The plane was out of control.
(c) He was too scared.
(d) It wasn't close enough.
2. What was Brian's best hope for rescue?
(a) People would see a fire on the beach.
(b) People would see the flare gun.
(c) People would hear him screaming for help.
(d) Officials would follow the pilot's flight plan.
3. What morning activity does Brian see as being silly?
(a) Going for a long walk
(b) Cleaning the campsite
(d) Carving wood
4. Why is Brian confused after he catches a bird?
(a) He cannot figure out how to kill it.
(b) He does not know how to clean it.
(c) He needs to figure out how to keep from being pecked.
(d) He cannot tell if it is a male or female.
5. What woke Brian from a sound sleep?
(a) An animal
(b) The sunrise
(d) Stomach pains
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian spends the afternoon and early evening doing what?
2. Brian finds a friend in what?
3. At night Brian had to protect himself from what?
4. What wakes Brian?
5. What encouraged Brian to continue trying to create fire?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)