Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
2. What does Miss Kelly ask Elwood when she first sees him in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What kind of advice does Dr. Sanderson give Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What happens as Elwood talks to his sister on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Given the bits of dialogue and sporadic moments of belief from Veta, do you think she has ever really seen Harvey or not? Please support your thesis with reasons based on the text. If she had seen Harvey, why does she wish Elwood not to see the creature?
Essay Topic 2
Assuming that Harvey is real, as Elwood says he is, it creates an interesting theme in the play regarding how those with special knowledge (like Elwood) are treated by those without it (the rest of the characters). Looking at how the characters interact through this perspective, why do the other people in Elwood's life treat him the way they do? Are they feeling jealous, frightened, inadequate, or something else? Please support your positions from the text.
Essay Topic 3
By the end of Act 2, more people are beginning to believe in Harvey or at least admit there is something to Elwood's imaginings. Which characters hold some level of belief in Harvey by the end of Act 2, Scene 2? How is the audience brought into this circle of believers? Support your answers from the text.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)