|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
2. What does Miss Kelly ask Elwood when she first sees him in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What kind of advice does Dr. Sanderson give Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What happens as Elwood talks to his sister on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Elwood comply with Veta's every wish regarding his mental health (admitting him to Chumley's Rest, administering the formula, etc.)? Why is it left to Veta to decide what happens to Elwood and, by extension, Harvey? Please support your answers
Essay Topic 2
In much of the play, Elwood carries around a raincoat and hat, even though he is wearing a raincoat and hat. What does this say about Elwood as a person? Why would he do such a thing? Please support your thesis from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Given the bits of dialogue and sporadic moments of belief from Veta, do you think she has ever really seen Harvey or not? Please support your thesis with reasons based on the text. If she had seen Harvey, why does she wish Elwood not to see the creature?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)