Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
2. What does Miss Kelly ask Elwood when she first sees him in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What kind of advice does Dr. Sanderson give Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What happens as Elwood talks to his sister on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
What is it that finally makes Veta decide she is willing to accept Elwood just the way he is (Harvey and all)? Please explain your answers using the text where appropriate.
Essay Topic 2
By the end of Act 2, more people are beginning to believe in Harvey or at least admit there is something to Elwood's imaginings. Which characters hold some level of belief in Harvey by the end of Act 2, Scene 2? How is the audience brought into this circle of believers? Support your answers from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Elwood comply with Veta's every wish regarding his mental health (admitting him to Chumley's Rest, administering the formula, etc.)? Why is it left to Veta to decide what happens to Elwood and, by extension, Harvey? Please support your answers
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)