|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
2. What does Miss Kelly ask Elwood when she first sees him in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What kind of advice does Dr. Sanderson give Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What happens as Elwood talks to his sister on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play, Myrtle Mae's attitudes toward her uncle are sour and don't change much. How is this character used throughout the story, especially in light of the changes we see in virtually every other character? What aspect of humanity at large does her character represent? Please provide support from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Elwood comply with Veta's every wish regarding his mental health (admitting him to Chumley's Rest, administering the formula, etc.)? Why is it left to Veta to decide what happens to Elwood and, by extension, Harvey? Please support your answers
Essay Topic 3
How do you think a Pooka like Harvey determines who can see it and who can't? List three people from the play that have different levels of interaction with Harvey (can see him, only see him sometimes, cannot see him) and how that affects their attitude toward Elwood's sanity or lack thereof.
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)