Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
2. What does Miss Kelly ask Elwood when she first sees him in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What kind of advice does Dr. Sanderson give Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What happens as Elwood talks to his sister on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
Compare and contrast the characters of Elwood with Dr. Chumley. How are they different? How are they alike? Would these two characters have grown closer together had Elwood never brought up Harvey? Why or why not? Which one of the two do you believe is more sane?
Why does Elwood comply with Veta's every wish regarding his mental health (admitting him to Chumley's Rest, administering the formula, etc.)? Why is it left to Veta to decide what happens to Elwood and, by extension, Harvey? Please support your answers
What is the significance of the strong presence of alcohol in Elwood's life? How do you think this would affect other people's acceptance of Harvey, given that Elwood drinks a lot? Is it important that the first "outside" person that actually interacts with Harvey is William Chumley, who goes out drinking with Elwood? Why or why not?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)