Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
2. What does Miss Kelly ask Elwood when she first sees him in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What kind of advice does Dr. Sanderson give Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What happens as Elwood talks to his sister on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
By Act 1, Scene 2, we have some indications that Harvey may not be a figment of Elwood's imagination. Select two other characters from the play who also have some level of interaction with Harvey (seeing, hearing, etc.) and explain why this is significant within the context of the play. How does each of these characters react to learning about Harvey? Do you think they accept their newly revealed knowledge or not?
In much of the play, Elwood carries around a raincoat and hat, even though he is wearing a raincoat and hat. What does this say about Elwood as a person? Why would he do such a thing? Please support your thesis from the text.
Elwood's character is virtually unchanging throughout the play. What are the key elements of his personality that come out in each scene he's in? How does his demeanor compare to those around him who are "sane"? Why do you think this particular contrast is brought out by the author? Please support your answers.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)