Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
2. What does Miss Kelly ask Elwood when she first sees him in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What kind of advice does Dr. Sanderson give Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What happens as Elwood talks to his sister on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
Given the bits of dialogue and sporadic moments of belief from Veta, do you think she has ever really seen Harvey or not? Please support your thesis with reasons based on the text. If she had seen Harvey, why does she wish Elwood not to see the creature?
Why is the potential relationship between Myrtle Mae and Wilson so ironic? Why does Veta react in the way that she does to the thought of her daughter dating Wilson? Please provide examples from the text where appropriate.
How do you think a Pooka like Harvey determines who can see it and who can't? List three people from the play that have different levels of interaction with Harvey (can see him, only see him sometimes, cannot see him) and how that affects their attitude toward Elwood's sanity or lack thereof.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)